Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts
Default Hipchest Mock Draft - (with trades)

1. Oakland - JaMarcus Russell(QB)

2. Tampa Bay (from detroit) - Calvin Johnson(WR)

3. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson(RB)

4. Detriot -Gaines Adams(DE)

5. Miami (from arizona) - Brady Quinn- the next marino finally?

6. Atlanta (from washington)- LaRon Landry(S) miss out of johnson and wanna make hay trading shcaub.

7. Minnesota - Leon Hall (CB)

8. Washington -Amobi Okoye(DE)

9. Arizona - Levi Brown (OT) sights set on brown all along.

10. Denver (from houston) - Adam Carriker (DE) - miss out on c. johnson. turn to defense

11. San Francisco - Patrick Willis (ILB) -

12. Buffalo - Marshawn Lynch(RB) -

13. St Louis - Darrell Revis (CB)

14. Carolina - Greg Olsen(TE) -

15. Giants - (from steelers) - Joe Thomas(OT) - amazed he is still on the board. offer the steelers a ransom.

16. Green Bay - Ted Ginn jr.

17. Jacksonville - Jamaal Anderson(DE) -

18. Cincinatti - Alan Branch (DT)

19. Dallas - (from tennesee) Dwayne Jarrett(WR) - reminds jones of the next m. irvin

20. Pittsburgh - Laurence Timmons (OLB) -

21. Houston - Joe Staley

22. Tennesee - - Robert Meachem(WR) like the local guy

23. Kansas City - Justin Harrell(DT)

24. New England --Aaron Ross(CB) -

25. Jets - Chris Houston (CB)

26. Philadelphia - Paul Pozluzny (OLB)

27. New Orleans -Michael Griffin(S)

28. New England - - Jarvis Moss (OLB)

29. Baltimore - Ben Grubbs (G)

30. San Diego - Dwayne Bowe(WR) he dropped?

31. Chicago Bears - Anthony Spencer (DE) - not quite a perfect fit, but best defensive player left on their board.

32. Indianapolis - Jon Beason(ILB) -
Old 04-27-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Hipchest Mock Draft - (with trades)

Nice mock Hipchest - with trades too!

Show off!

Can you give us an idea what sort of value these trades will hold - you mention a 'ransom' to the Steelers for the 15 pick?
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Pos won't go to Philly. He'll go no later then the Steelers original pick at 15 to no lower then then maybe Dallas.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Nice mock Hipchest - with trades too!

Show off!

Can you give us an idea what sort of value these trades will hold - you mention a 'ransom' to the Steelers for the 15 pick?
they will have to scrap the value chart with either thomas or brown still on the board when the steelers pick (depending on which direction az goes)

a 1st, 2nd, and maybe a 4th next year.

1st, 3rd, 4th, and a 2nd next year.

if not, we get a lineman at 15 (boooooring)
Old 04-27-2007, 08:23 PM   #5
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Pos won't go to Philly. He'll go no later then the Steelers original pick at 15 to no lower then then maybe Dallas.
im obviously not as high on poz as you still are. hes not aj hawk or even demeco ryans. i think dallas wants someone a little more capable of providing more of an immediate impact than what bobby carpenter did last year. pos is this years carpenter. dallas wont take him.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
they will have to scrap the value chart with either thomas or brown still on the board when the steelers pick (depending on which direction az goes)

a 1st, 2nd, and maybe a 4th next year.

1st, 3rd, 4th, and a 2nd next year.

if not, we get a lineman at 15 (boooooring)
So they swap 1st rounders this year and the Giants throw in this years 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder next year?

Thats quite a heavy price to pay - but maybe they really are that desperate for O-line help!

I think 15 is a nice spot to be at - some high quality player always drops due to each teams needs/preferences.

Its one to watch anyway - I know you've had the Giants/Steelers trade thing in your mind for awhile.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
So they swap 1st rounders this year and the Giants throw in this years 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder next year?

Thats quite a heavy price to pay - but maybe they really are that desperate for O-line help!

I think 15 is a nice spot to be at - some high quality player always drops due to each teams needs/preferences.

Its one to watch anyway - I know you've had the Giants/Steelers trade thing in your mind for awhile.
ive actually scrubbed the giants as a trading partner (with dallas becomming much more likely) until i invented joe thomas (or even brown) falling to us.

you dont think pitt would give up on a much needed blue chip lineman for nothing, do you?

i think we'll get calls from denver if carriker falls, and possibly the jets, saints, or even san diego depending on what cb's wr's are on the board that they really like. maybe someone really likes branch
Old 04-27-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

That's different. But the big rumor now is that Miami is hot for Trent Green, and Culpepper might end up in Oakland. But I also heard that Josh McKown was positive that he'd be a Raider by the end of the draft. The one thing for sure is that the Raiders want a QB. Or do they? The scouts for the Raiders had Andrew Walters as their #1 QB over Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers. They just don't have an offensive line, just like the Browns, who also want a QB. Or do they?

This is all very confusing. But it makes the draft really fun.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #9
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
That's different. But the big rumor now is that Miami is hot for Trent Green, and Culpepper might end up in Oakland. But I also heard that Josh McKown was positive that he'd be a Raider by the end of the draft. The one thing for sure is that the Raiders want a QB. Or do they? The scouts for the Raiders had Andrew Walters as their #1 QB over Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers. They just don't have an offensive line, just like the Browns, who also want a QB. Or do they?

This is all very confusing. But it makes the draft really fun.
the dolphins would love green to groom someone like quinn (much like mcnair and palmer were groomed).

the raiders would be happy with mccown and jamarcus cause he could use some time on the bench too.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

The amount of hype the Culpepper to Raiders potential deal is getting is baffling.

Its not like Culpepper is a highly regarded vet who is getting pushed out by a Brady or a Manning - he's going to be cut by the freakin' Dolphins.

As bad as things have been in Oakland in recent times, surely nothing is as bad as letting the potential acquisition of an unwanted fumble/interception machine affect what you do with the 1st pick in the draft.

To me this makes no sense whatsoever - maybe Oakland will end up with C-Pep but it should play no part on what happens in the first day of the draft let alone the first pick.