Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-29-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,617 Posts
Default talladega 499. congrats JJ!

once again you were in the center of 2 wrecks on a restrictor plate track. clearly the least talented champion in nascar history. great race and almost a great finish. hendrick clearly has this season wrapped up.

stewart is still an ass, gordon still catches every break possible, and kurt busch will NEVER find an ounce of good luck.

wow. stewart says mcmurray "lucked into his cup ride".

great to see jeff gordons car pelted with trash and debris once again. although i dont condone it, it doesnt mean i cant laugh.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: talladega 499. congrats JJ!

Restrictor plate racing sucks. That is all.

MATT KENSETH – No. 17 DeWalt Ford Fusion (Finished 13th) – YOU BROUGHT IT HOME IN ONE PIECE. “Yeah, everytime you get to go home with the car in one piece is good, but this is probably the least important since we’ll be running COT cars next time. It was just a hard day. We weren’t very fast. We had the grille knocked out, I guess, and everytime I got in any clean air we were just really slow. I could only run if I was in a big pack of cars, so it was a frustrating day. It was real disappointing at the end to see how some of the fans were acting. It’s disappointing to have your $150,000 race car being pelted by full beer cans at the end of the race, but, other than that, we did finish and we finished halfway decent.”
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
once again you were in the center of 2 wrecks on a restrictor plate track. clearly the least talented champion in nascar history. great race and almost a great finish. hendrick clearly has this season wrapped up.

stewart is still an ass, gordon still catches every break possible, and kurt busch will NEVER find an ounce of good luck.

wow. stewart says mcmurray "lucked into his cup ride".

great to see jeff gordons car pelted with trash and debris once again. although i dont condone it, it doesnt mean i cant laugh.
Tony Stewart is an arrogant loudmouthed stupid son of a bitch who needs to be parked for two races. It's amazing that Nascar puts up with this piece of garbage.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:59 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,617 Posts

jr. says that after today, gordon is getting no more congratulations from him, and for this i am glad. i think it sucks for him to feel compelled to go up and congratulate the guy who passed his dead dads cherished race win record on what woulda been his dead dads 56th birthday.

we all know dale jr is a good guy, and hendrick fans are generally the biggest dale jr haters out there.

i hope jr. stops being such a gentleman to these pricks who will put anyone into the wall. (other than a car they own, or a driver/owner they drive for)
Old 04-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #5
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

I felt sick to my stomach to watch what happened Sunday. Not because people threw things, but because an old school hero had one of his records broken by a metrosexual thing who will never be 1/4 of the man Dale Sr was.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I felt sick to my stomach to watch what happened Sunday. Not because people threw things, but because an old school hero had one of his records broken by a metrosexual thing who will never be 1/4 of the man Dale Sr was.
I didn't get to see the race, unfortunately, but if Dale, Sr. was still alive and retired, as much of a hard a$$ as he was, he would congratulate the guy who broke his records. Don't get me wrong - I adored #3, but records are made to be broken and this record was broken by a damned good NASCAR driver. Love him or hate him, you can't take away the fact that Gordon hasn't won all of the races he has because he's a pretty boy.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Let me add to my post above by saying that though I believe #3 would have congratulated the man who broke his records - whoever it was (and in this case Gordon) - he would have more than likely punched him in the mouth or poked his eyes out before shaking his hand.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote