Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 04-29-2007, 11:28 PM   #21
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2007 Draft Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Tomorrow every newspaper in America will post a grade on each teams draft like its as valid as your high school report card. What a joke, you can't judge anything for at least one season and to truly judge it you need 3 or 4.

All you "draft experts" truly amuse me. I can tell some of you actually believe your own BS and think you know more than an organization that invests millions of dollars to evaluate NFL talent, not to mention have many more years of experience doing it.

You are the reason they invented fantasy football.
So RBryan - if you aren't hear to offer an opinion on draft picks an/or fans who are doing just that - what are you here for right now?

Maybe you want to run us through your thoughts on the 2003 Steeler draft class?

I have a strong aversion to those who want to impose their will on others by ridiculing and insulting those they dont agree with.

Maybe we should all just sit in silence on gameday too?

Because, for sure, we have about as many NFL game analysis experts as we do draft experts.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:34 AM   #22
BOXCAR JOEY
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 3729

yes they picked up my boy mr cameron stephenson. Im so souped about this season. The iron curtain returns with the new picks!

WIN OR LOSE.........I still bleed black and gold.
Http://www.Myspace.com/Trappedinemerica
BOXCAR JOEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #23
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
LMAO! Come back at the end of the season and we'll talk. Man you people act like your professional scouts in the NFL. I'm sure they know A LOT more than you could even begin to imagine.
The fans do know a lot and to say their opinion isn't worth the shit on your sole is ridiculous. I think it was a fine draft and if I had a choice I wouldn't mind if all the fans collectively drafted our players.

The scouts get too attached to these draft prospects and they're families when they're at a young age and end up over-looking a lot of talent and needs. That isn't to say they're all bad picks.
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:51 AM   #24
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Come on man...Eric Wright has major character issues. Not a Rooney or Tomlin type of guy. Woodley was a good second-round pick. Jarrett cold just as easily be overrated as a guy from Florida, maybe even more so considering the current state of PAC-1 defenses. Dissing a seventh-round pick is kind of silly.
Good point.
I liked Jarrett and all but to trade that much for him?... No thanks..
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #25
Kittyfish
Bench Warmer

Location: A couple of hours north of Pgh - so close and yet so far...
Member Number: 5212

Well, this fan doesn't know a whole lot, I'm afraid - I'll leave the debates about individual pros and cons to those who do - but can I just say I find it all very exciting! This is the first draft I've paid any attention to, and to this uninformed fan, I think we got some good people. I find all the discussion - on both sides - very interesting, and am trying hard to learn. Of course, time will tell if these were good picks or not. All I can say is, I can't wait for the season to start and see how these new players will do and how they will fit in. Woo hoo! Let the games begin!

(What's a water boy? I mean, I know what a water boy really is, but did I get demoted? I guess I'm still on the field. so it's all good.)
Kittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #26
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
So RBryan - if you aren't hear to offer an opinion on draft picks an/or fans who are doing just that - what are you here for right now?

Maybe you want to run us through your thoughts on the 2003 Steeler draft class?

I have a strong aversion to those who want to impose their will on others by ridiculing and insulting those they dont agree with.

Maybe we should all just sit in silence on gameday too?

Because, for sure, we have about as many NFL game analysis experts as we do draft experts.
I am here to defend the decisions made by the FO because I do believe they are more knowledgable than any one here. Especially the ones who as you put it " want to impose their will on others by ridiculing and insulting those they don't agree with"

BTW, isn't that what you just did ??

Perhaps I was a bit harsh with my opinion, but stand by the message. No one knows how this draft will turn out today. People who pass judgement as if they have some divine knowledge of the future amuse me. Almost as much as a Patsie fan who spends as much time on the Steelers board as you.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #27
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
I am here to defend the decisions made by the FO because I do believe they are more knowledgable than any one here. Especially the ones who as you put it " want to impose their will on others by ridiculing and insulting those they don't agree with"

BTW, isn't that what you just did ??

Perhaps I was a bit harsh with my opinion, but stand by the message. No one knows how this draft will turn out today. People who pass judgement as if they have some divine knowledge of the future amuse me. Almost as much as a Patsie fan who spends as much time on the Steelers board as you.
What I am doing is defending peoples right to share their opinion - what you are attempting is to quash draft related talk simply because we dont know as much as the Steelers FO.

Stating the ridiculously obvious such as 'no-one knows how the draft will turn out' doesn't make it ok.

Im glad you find amusement in the things you state - how about showing us a little of that by lightening up a little?
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 04-30-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #28
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
(What's a water boy? I mean, I know what a water boy really is, but did I get demoted? I guess I'm still on the field. so it's all good.)
That title is based on how many posts you have. I think you move to draft prospect at 50 and then move up as you go. Is Living Legend the highest? In any case, I'll be off to that endzone in the sky long before I catch Tony Hipchest's upwards and onwards of 11,000.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #29
SteelersTilIDie
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4943

I actually think the steelers had a good draft. The only need they didnt answer was that of a runningback to compliment willie parker. Najeh can play that role this year at least. I love the defensive picks to sure up the defense. Dallas Baker was a 4th round projection. 4.54 with velvety soft hands and good route running, adequate blocker. That is great for the stillers. Oh, i forgot to mention that he is 6'3, 215.

“Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it.”~Chuck Noll
SteelersTilIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #30
steeler614
Banned

Member Number: 5011

I think the Steelers did great in this draft, with an OLB and LB/DE hybrid to help our pass rush-something we badly needed, a new punter-something else we badly needed, a new guard, tight end-don't think we really needed one but I like what I read about him, a tall WR which was another need, and another DE and CB that can be used as backups and for special teams. so if you think about it with the exception of more o-line (which I think can wait until next year) just about every area of need has been addressed. I give the Steelers an A-.
steeler614 is offline   Reply With Quote