Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #101
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Randy Moss To The Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Gabriel is in for a surprise if he thinks he is going to pull that crap with Kiffin. The days of players running things are at an end. Like the Patriots, it will no longer be tollerated with the Raiders. Moss was the first example.
Good for Kiffin - cancer is a cliched term but that behavior does fester and spread when it is allowed to be perpetrated by anyone.

The way Owens made of mockery of suppose tough guy Parcells last years shows you that - things like that lose you the confidence and respect of the locker room.

Zero tolerance is the only way to go.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:00 PM   #102
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,426 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
The way Owens made of mockery of suppose tough guy Parcells last years shows you that - things like that lose you the confidence and respect of the locker room.
I agree, LITP, but I think Parcells' hands were tied in that situation - the acquisition of T.O. along with letting him get away with all the BS that he did had all the earmarks of Jones' meddling.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 PM   #103
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I agree, LITP, but I think Parcells' hands were tied in that situation - the acquisition of T.O. along with letting him get away with all the BS that he did had all the earmarks of Jones' meddling.
Yep - that was the strong rumor wasn't it?

Its bad enough having a problem child, without having one that knows he has carte blanche to act as he pleases.

What Jones did to Parcells was unforgiveable in my book - if it was a younger coach it would have scarred his career for good.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:08 PM   #104
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Yep - that was the strong rumor wasn't it?

Its bad enough having a problem child, without having one that knows he has carte blanche to act as he pleases.

What Jones did to Parcells was unforgiveable in my book - if it was a younger coach it would have scarred his career for good.
Absolutely - luckily for Parcells, his legacy was already firmly cemented before he got there.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #105
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
Ya know, I agree that on paper the Pats look unstoppable. But I wonder---you've got a lot of new "ego" on that team (albeit ego that generally took a pay cut to come to a potential winner.) It seems like a radical departure from the Pats' usual MO--could it backfire?

No matter, it will be interesting to watch.
That's a really good point. It's one thing to take one player at a time and try to reform them, but maybe the Patriots bit off more then they can chew this time? That kid from Miami stomped on a players head and he has a gun charge, and their second pick was also a Hurricane. Randy Moss is a mess. And some of the free agents the Pats picked up don't fit the mold. I'm wondering if the Patriots have sold their souls for another championship?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #106
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
That's a really good point. It's one thing to take one player at a time and try to reform them, but maybe the Patriots bit off more then they can chew this time? That kid from Miami stomped on a players head and he has a gun charge, and their second pick was also a Hurricane. Randy Moss is a mess. And some of the free agents the Pats picked up don't fit the mold. I'm wondering if the Patriots have sold their souls for another championship?

Let me get this straight - the Patriots have signed a bunch of players who 'dont fit the mold' yet they made this tragically obvious mistake and in the process 'sold their souls for another championship'?

That doesnt really add up does it?

I haven't seen Randy Moss summed up quite so succinctly - a total mess.

FYI, so you dont parrot untrue chinese whispers - Merriweather was not arrested and was totally cleared by the police for the gun incident - the gun was also 100% legal.

He has realised since that getting himself in those type of situations is not conducive to a successful NFL career - so no more guns for Brandon.

Admittedly I was very disappointed to see his on field actions - the stamping etc - very low class.

The fact remains that these guys behave while they are Patriots or they are shown the door.

Thats a guarantee you can take to the bank.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #107
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Sounds like wishful thinking to me - Moss is going to be on an extremely short leash in NE. On paper, I gotta admit, the Pats have to be the favorites in the AFC to go to and win the SB.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #108
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Ok, you have my attention. I understand Al Davis is not loved throughout the league, but please explain why he is the "stupidest owner in the league". Just to set the record straight... Al Davis does NOT OWN the Raiders... he is the managing general partner.

The biggest issue with him is that his HCs are always looking over their shoulder. How do you expect to be successful knowing you are on a short leash from a naive "managing partner" (I'm aware of his status in the organization, thank you very much) or owner? He pissed away the best coach the Raiders have had since John Madden in Jon Gruden. And he fired Shanahan only to have his Broncos kick the Raiders tail every year. The he hires a young OC from USC?? Even Pete Carroll doesnt want to HC in the NFL anymore but money talks. It seems sometimes he doesnt know if its 2007 or 1967. This isnt the AFL and his PA should tell him that at least once a day. I respect the hell out of the man but honestly, is he an owner/managing partner that you are proud of? Maybe 15 years ago he would be but not now. The Raiders are a laughing stock and its a damn shame.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:29 PM   #109
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines0wnz View Post
The biggest issue with him is that his HCs are always looking over their shoulder. How do you expect to be successful knowing you are on a short leash from a naive "managing partner" (I'm aware of his status in the organization, thank you very much) or owner? He pissed away the best coach the Raiders have had since John Madden in Jon Gruden. And he fired Shanahan only to have his Broncos kick the Raiders tail every year. The he hires a young OC from USC?? Even Pete Carroll doesnt want to HC in the NFL anymore but money talks. It seems sometimes he doesnt know if its 2007 or 1967. This isnt the AFL and his PA should tell him that at least once a day. I respect the hell out of the man but honestly, is he an owner/managing partner that you are proud of? Maybe 15 years ago he would be but not now. The Raiders are a laughing stock and its a damn shame.
To put it more succinctly, Al Davis was a great football mind and manager in his day, but his day has long since passed. For the Raiders to return to prominence, he needs to step down - 10 years ago, at least.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #110
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Let me get this straight - the Patriots have signed a bunch of players who 'dont fit the mold' yet they made this tragically obvious mistake and in the process 'sold their souls for another championship'?

That doesnt really add up does it?
I said they sold their souls for another championship. So far, it really does look like they have sold their souls. Lots of teams have signed deals with the devil, but very few of those deals have panned out. One doesn't sell his soul cheap. And the Pats have built a mold that some of these new players don't fit into.

I think my statement is perfectly logical and justified. We'll all have to wait and see how it works out. But I can say that if the Steelers made these same moves, I would not be happy. I want the Steelers to play fair, and win or lose, be good character guys.