Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-12-2007, 08:24 PM   #41
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Ricky Williams Tests Positive For Pot Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I agree, S&B - my point was that the judgment is the only reason he "wanted" to come back in the first place.
I think he just wants to be left alone.

I don't see how he is going to be able to pay back $8 million anyway. Isn't he supposeed to get paid league minimum for 3 years? How old is he now? After 3 years, barring a career ending injury, what would he get paid? I can't see him being productive for 3 years, let alone anything longer than that. I guess I really don't understand the situation all that well.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #42
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,317 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I think he just wants to be left alone.

I don't see how he is going to be able to pay back $8 million anyway. Isn't he supposeed to get paid league minimum for 3 years? How old is he now? After 3 years, barring a career ending injury, what would he get paid? I can't see him being productive for 3 years, let alone anything longer than that. I guess I really don't understand the situation all that well.
Yeah, the numbers definitely don't add up. I'm thinking now that if he came back, the Dolphins might, as a gesture of goodwill, either reduce the amount he owes, or write it off altogether.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:40 AM   #43
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Is The NFL Really This Dumb?
Give me a break, just give this guy his walking papers and tell him Not To Ever come back. I hope the young man gets his life straightened out but his NFL career should be over Already.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #44
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5120

"Thanks for the grammar lesson that i COULDN'T care less about."

There ya go! You got it. Doesn't it feel nice actually saying what you mean, and not saying the exact opposite? People do it all the time, its all good. (There's a difference between that, and abbreviating the word "you") Anyway, Henry and Pacmans incidents are "Way" different. That person could have easily died in Las Vegas, and Henry could have killed somebody driving drunk, or with his guns he was illegally carrying, etc. Players break the law, Ricky's not the first, or last. They're people, shit happens. Of course the NFL doesn't condone Ricky's lifestyle or certain choices, but the point was, someone mentioned this should be a "no-brainer" for the Commish based on his decision with their cases, and I'm saying this is a totally different degree of offense. I'm also confused by the numbers, in terms of what Ricky owes, and how he's supposed to reimburse the Dolphins. There are a lot of question marks to this saga, and has to be one of the most bizarre in NFL history.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #45
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

RICKY SAYS HE'S CLEAN

In a statement released through agent Leigh Steinberg, Dolphins running back Ricky Williams asserts that he is "clean" and ready to return to the NFL.

"Due to the recent reports about me failing a drug test, I feel it is appropriate for me to issue this statement," Williams said. "Last month, following a psychological evaluation requested by the NFL, we -- the psychiatrist and I -- came to the realization that there were a few things I needed to iron out about myself in order to make my return to the NFL as successful as possible."

Yeah, the psychiatrist and Ricky came to the realization that Ricky needs to quit smoking so much pot.

Ricky neither admitted nor denied failing the test. Greg Bedard of the Palm Beach Post reports that a source close to Williams has confirmed the initial report from ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Ricky had failed a marijuana test in April.

Bottom line -- Ricky won't be back at the earliest until September. And then he needs to find a team that is willing in this post-Pacman era to take a chance on him.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote