Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-18-2007, 05:29 AM   #11
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106
Default '07 Rookie of the Year

Last year Tony did a post draft prediction of who would win Rookie of the Year honors. I don't remember seeing a thread about speculations for this year. Here goes..

Offense:
Robert Meachem NO: With all the weapons that offense has (veteren quarterback, amazing thunder/lightning backfield, dynamo sophomore wideout) I see a lot of opprotunities for Meachem to get lost in the secondary. Even if Joe Horn wasn't shipped off he probably would have been hurt by week 2 and their other options (Copper, Henderson) aren't amazing options. His height, 6'3, and speed, 4.45 40, means he has the body to make it at this level. It also helps that he set records at Tennessee and led the SEC last year with 105.4 yards per game.

Defense:
Paul Posluszny BUF If it wasn't for a suspect knee he, more than likely, would have entered the draft last year, coming off a Butkus award season. He'll be playing WLB, but showed last year at PSU he can play ILB, too. With the departure of Fletcher-Baker the LB core in Buffalo needs a playmaker. He has great leader qualities and will do well putting the hurt on Maroney twice a year for the next decade or so (sorry LITP, had to do it).
Old 05-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #12
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201
Default Re: '07 Rookie of the Year

well hopefully they do not mess it up this year like last year. Giving young rookie of the year was a freakin joke last year. When Colston are Bush were a better choice by 100%.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:54 PM   #13
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Good picks, and excellent prediction. I don't think the people who won ROTY last season deserved it much either, although they were decent players.

~Polamalufan43
Old 05-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #14
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I did one this month, but it was for more than just rookie of the year - maybe the mods can combine them so we can compare later.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...highlight=droy
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I did one this month, but it was for more than just rookie of the year - maybe the mods can combine them so we can compare later.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...highlight=droy
Thanks, LITP - I merged 'em and kept your thread title intact, as it is more all-inclusive.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Thanks, LITP - I merged 'em and kept your thread title intact, as it is more all-inclusive.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #17
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106
Default Re: Predictions for 2007

Thunder stealing bloke, he is...

Old 05-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #18
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
Thunder stealing bloke, he is...

Oi Matey-boy.... oo you callin' 'bloke'?

You posted on this thread 10 days ago - you needs to 'ave your noggin looked at, fella!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM   #19
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
-MVP: Tom Brady

-DPOY: Adalius Thomas

-OROY: Marshawn Lynch

-DROY: Patrick Willis

-Best record: Eagles (13-3)

-Worst Record: Raiders (3-13)

-#1 Offensive team: Saints

-#1 Defensive team: Ravens

-#1 Pass Offense: Saints

-#1 Pass Defence: Colts

-#1 Rushing Offense: Chargers

-#1 Rushing Defence: Patriots
C'mon LITP... 3-13? I know the Raiders don't deserve to be thought of very highly in any kind of poll, but don't you think thats a little ridiculous?

I'm not a homer that thinks the Raiders are going to the playoffs or win the division or anything like that, but I sure don't see them winning less than 5 games this year. Do you really think Detroit is better than the Raiders? I know our record sucked last year, and our offense sucked even worse... but with the draft we had, the defense we have, and getting rid of Moss, you really can't see us doing better than that? I sure can.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
C'mon LITP... 3-13? I know the Raiders don't deserve to be thought of very highly in any kind of poll, but don't you think thats a little ridiculous?

I'm not a homer that thinks the Raiders are going to the playoffs or win the division or anything like that, but I sure don't see them winning less than 5 games this year. Do you really think Detroit is better than the Raiders? I know our record sucked last year, and our offense sucked even worse... but with the draft we had, the defense we have, and getting rid of Moss, you really can't see us doing better than that? I sure can.
Believe it or not, im not a Raiders hater but fundamental problems from last year haven't really been addressed.

Namely the O-line.

Factor in a rookie QB who likes to throw deep and I can see alot of turnovers for the Raiders this year.

Maybe Josh McCown starts instead, and I guess at least he used to playing behind a poor O-line but even if he doesn't turn the ball over I don't see him generating any real offense.

The fact that the Raiders play in a very difficult division (Broncos and Chargers look like strong playoff prospects and KC made it to the postseason only last year) and also have the toughest schedule (on paper at least) surely doesn't bode well.

I see a quick fix FA trade for RB Dominic Rhodes who isn't really required - I think if you gave LaMont Jordan a half decent line to run behind he could be an every down back.

The D you have to give credit, if im reading the stats right (and it wouldn't be the first time I read something wrong) it looks like Oakland has the 2nd least penalised D in the NFL - thats quite a departure from the perception of your typical undisciplined Raiders unit.

The rush D ranks only 25th last year, but that it has to be attributed to the offense not being able to stay on the field as they only conceed 4.0 ypc - which puts them just outside the top10.

When you have a struggling franchise I think the D is the first area to be looked, so I think Oakland are getting that right.

On the flip side the appointment of Lane Kiffin as HC seems eccentric (thats kindest word I can think for it) - a guy who has no HC experience and no NFL experience at all is not the guy to turn this ship around - not as far as I see it.

If teams work out how to score on Oakland then this year could be worse than last.

On the subject of Detroit - they are in the NFC which is a great help for poor teams, they also play in a weak division (Chicago are good but apart from that....not much).

I think Mike Martz will generate an exciting offense in Detriot - Kitna is capable of throwing for alot of yardage this year - Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams and Mike Furrey are potentially explosive out wide and Kevin Jones (if fit) and Tatum Bell look solid running the ball.

Head to head this would be an interesting matchup (Oakland v Detriot) but the fact is the raiders have the misfortune of playing in the AFC when it is by far the stronger conference.