Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-22-2007, 03:12 PM   #11
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Dallas Gets 2011 SuperBowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Ha ha.

You know, if you were a less righeous man you make alot of money from that amazing ability to see the future.

Im also gonna have to call BS on the whole 'Belichick crying' thing you have playing out - everyone knows Bills only accesible emotion is grumpy
Yeah you do got me on the crying thing - but I wonder if FOX, CBS, or ESPN will hire me for my foresight (LOL)

And if anything, I could always get a job with PFT.com

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:17 PM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Yeah you do got me on the crying thing - but I wonder if FOX, CBS, or ESPN will hire me for my foresight (LOL)

And if anything, I could always get a job with PFT.com
Come on, if you worked for PFT that would mean you were just making stuff up......oh...I see....
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #13
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Hopefully Dallas will get an ice storm that weekend and the game will be played on a frozen field as payback for the choice.

Giving out the SB as a thank you gift to cities building new stadiums (I include Atlanta in that list) is a joke. The one downside of SB XL was that Steelers fans had to go to Detroit (alhough since it was nearby and there was not exactly overwhelming demand to spend early February in Michigan it did make it a home game).

The SB should be at a neutral site that rewards the fans and players by going to someplace enjoyable, with a 3 year roto of Miami, New Orleans and someplace in SoCal (LA or SD).
The only problem is that there are about 6 venues where you can hold it then. Which is a bummer for the other 26 cities...

You want a neutral field. They should pick it randomly. Everyone knows what its going to be before the year even begins. If its at Giants Stadium, then its at Giants stadium. Anyone who makes it to the big show will have to deal with the cold.

Rewarding great play with nice weather is what the Pro Bowl is for... Give everyone a shot at the Big Dance.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:36 PM   #14
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
It's going to be quite a stadium:

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/

Wow...nice...hate to admit it considering it's the Cowgirls stadium...but, nice.

Wonder how many palms Jerry greased at City Hall/State House to get that built?
Old 05-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
No matter - it's gonna have a fully-retractable roof that can fully open or close in 12 minutes.
So the hole in the new stadium roof is to recreate the look of the current stadium but will be retractable? Not a particularly inspired design for a billion $$ + facility.

I will give Jones credit for seeking less of a handout than your usual (e.g. - Rooneys) owners that expect the taxpayers to foot most of the bill for builiding. I just think the SB should be someplace you actually might want to visit for a vacation. Not many folks vacation in Big D.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #16
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I think Dallas is a good place to play the game. Since the super bowl is really just a huge convention, it's a good idea to play the game in a nice stadium in cities that host a lot of conventions. I remember a lot of people and reporters complaining about Jacksonville as being a bad place to hold the super bowl even though the stadium is nice.