Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #31
kmsteelerwr15
Team President

Location: going to school at Tusculum College but living in NC
Member Number: 1492
Default Re: Let's get the optimism flowing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
"Optimism baaaad, grrr...Rooney crazy, season lost.".
LMAO !!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:01 PM   #32
Mistah_Q
Starter

Member Number: 5514

I don't see one area where this team isn't better than it was last year

Including Center. No way is Mahan or Okobi anywhere near as good as Hartings near his prime. . but Hartings last year? Certainly.

The rest of the O-line? Everyone is healthy for once, I hope it stays that way, and we have young guys Colon and Kemoeatu ready to challenge for starting roles. We have another young guy Essex who's not so good, but them's the breaks.

Everyone else is healthy. Ward is a year older but Reid is healthy, Santonio should come unto his own, as should Washington - and we got a heck of a steal in Baker, probably mostly because of what program he came from. . . hopefully he can work out.

Including RB too. It's not much of an improvement but Parker should be getting into his prime, Dumptruck should be both healthy and down with our system, and Barlow on the pine is just as good as Staley in sweatpants.

QB? Yeah, we could use a guy - Batch won't live forever, and Frenchie boy? I wish we had Omar Jacobs instead. But batch is still at the moment a good backup, and our starter hasn't (yet) been in a near-death motorcycle incident this offseason and won't need any appendectomies, either.

Including LB too. Porter's gone and we have to miss out on pimp-daddy. Timmons and Woodley anyone? Coach actually letting Harrison have a chance at starting should immediately bring things up to about equal with last year's squad as far as starting firepower, and adding Timmons and Woodley not only increases that, but fills in depth as well.

Secondary? Admittedly this hinges on McFadden becoming what we think he can. And I think he can. The Safeties are what, the same personnel, but Anthony Smith should be ready to go.

Special teams? For once, you better believe it.

I'm not calling this an all-star team here. I'm saying that at this conjecture, we're at least as good as we were last year, in every area.

Unless we have a terrible rash of injuries, there's not much reason for the team to outright 'suck' - if they do, then yeah, probably I'll blame Arians/coaching at that time. But as of now, I'm willing to 'wait and see.'

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw
Mistah_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #33
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah_Q View Post
I don't see one area where this team isn't better than it was last year

Including Center. No way is Mahan or Okobi anywhere near as good as Hartings near his prime. . but Hartings last year? Certainly.

The rest of the O-line? Everyone is healthy for once, I hope it stays that way, and we have young guys Colon and Kemoeatu ready to challenge for starting roles. We have another young guy Essex who's not so good, but them's the breaks.

Everyone else is healthy. Ward is a year older but Reid is healthy, Santonio should come unto his own, as should Washington - and we got a heck of a steal in Baker, probably mostly because of what program he came from. . . hopefully he can work out.

Including RB too. It's not much of an improvement but Parker should be getting into his prime, Dumptruck should be both healthy and down with our system, and Barlow on the pine is just as good as Staley in sweatpants.

QB? Yeah, we could use a guy - Batch won't live forever, and Frenchie boy? I wish we had Omar Jacobs instead. But batch is still at the moment a good backup, and our starter hasn't (yet) been in a near-death motorcycle incident this offseason and won't need any appendectomies, either.

Including LB too. Porter's gone and we have to miss out on pimp-daddy. Timmons and Woodley anyone? Coach actually letting Harrison have a chance at starting should immediately bring things up to about equal with last year's squad as far as starting firepower, and adding Timmons and Woodley not only increases that, but fills in depth as well.

Secondary? Admittedly this hinges on McFadden becoming what we think he can. And I think he can. The Safeties are what, the same personnel, but Anthony Smith should be ready to go.

Special teams? For once, you better believe it.

I'm not calling this an all-star team here. I'm saying that at this conjecture, we're at least as good as we were last year, in every area.

Unless we have a terrible rash of injuries, there's not much reason for the team to outright 'suck' - if they do, then yeah, probably I'll blame Arians/coaching at that time. But as of now, I'm willing to 'wait and see.'
Dude Q, that Q song will always be your sig in my book! I hope your right that this freaky OL thing works out & CB stuff. Our new LB's might take a year. Agree on ST's. Anywhoooo, love the enthusiasm!!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:48 PM   #34
SteelerWatch
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5526

This year has excellent potential. Consider that this is the first time in a long time that most positions will be up for grabs. The only guarantees on offense at this point are Roethlisberger, Miller, Ward, Parker and Kreider. Defensively its Hamton, Aaron Smith, Farrior and Polamalu. It's safe to say that every other position on the field is up for grabs -- that's 13 spots! Even Faneca is about to yap himself out of a starting spot. Had Cowher been here again this year, it likely would have been more of the same old stuff -- including Peezy, because Bill wouldn't let his puppy go.

What that does is a) make the incumbents work harder, because they aren't guaranteed a spot, and b) make the backups fight doubly hard, because now they actually have a shot. And, dare I say, we have a coach who has the same mentality and (from what we can see at this early point in his career) approach to the game as St. Chuck the Beloved.

The fact is that now everyone on the team has to earn his money -- and in professional sports, that's always a good thing.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #35
qbvision.com
Water Boy

Member Number: 5560

The towels are starting to waive......and by the way I read wild card....uhm...i really think division TITLE..Playoffs...and then more than likely SUPER BOWL!!

GO STEELERS!!
qbvision.com is offline   Reply With Quote