Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #31
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196
Default Re: Media speculation about baby bothers Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
This is not a defense of Vick, but having closely followed the Duke lacrosse fiasco I have been reminded that it is easy to accuse somone of conduct and for the public to run with unproven accusations that fit into a comfortable stereotype.

At this point Vick has not been proven to have violated any federal or state laws or for that matter indicted (not that an indictment is particularly difficult to obtain).
Not trying to stick up for Vick either but we do still live in America. Innocent until proven guilty??? Ring a bell ???

It may very well turn out that he is guilty, but until you have something more concrete than Skippy the locker room girl from ESPN's interview with a CONFESSED scumbad who won't even show his face, I think those who have already convicted him need to realize that YOU really don't know the truth. At least not yet.

Can't help but wonder if ESPN would be pushing this story so hard if he played for say NEW ENGLAND??
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #32
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Can't help but wonder if ESPN would be pushing this story so hard if he played for say NEW ENGLAND??
Umm - If Brady allegedly was involved in dog fighting (and Belichick played the role of Portis by claiming dog fighting is a lifestyle choice) I am pretty confident ESPN still would be riding the story to death.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:41 PM   #33
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,915 Times in 4,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Maybe because it truly is no-one elses business but Bridget and Tom's?
it looks like bradys fans are more bothered than the media speculation than brady is. but that makes sense considering it was the fans and not the media who built bradys godlike status.

Quote:
So he is going to have a child out of wedlock, which is far from ideal, but plenty of people go through the same situation without it becoming a national news story.
news sells and brady is a national figure. you could almost compare him to princess dianna if you believe all the slobbering the patfans do over brady. infact brady was built up to be so great he was gonna keep peyton manning stuck in a career of mediocrity and never being able to 'win the big one.

Quote:
And yeah, I know people like to throw the 'Tom Terrific' thing back in his face - I guess thats his fault for winning 3 rings so early in his career.
again thats not from the media or other fans. the patriots created tom in that image. remember it was the media and other fans who never gave the pats and tom enough credit. they actually had the audacity to "disrespect" them.

Quote:
Im surprised at you bringing the subject of race into this, Dan - if people want to condemn young black men for having children outside marriage thats their lookout - I don't see why Tom should have to answer for peoples racial prejudices.
toms not feeling the wrath of anyones prejudices. but whats it say when his fans expect him to be exempt because hes white?

Quote:
That was pretty 'ESPN' I have to say - inflaming the situation with an element that plainly doesn't exist.

This another example of the media potraying someone in an unrealistic way and then looking to knock them down - just like the All-Star Angel All-round Good Guy Patriots.
again... blaming the media for the hype the patriot fans created. while the media was busy disrespecting brady and his godlike talents, it was the patriot fans who said "all we need is bill and brady". weiss and crennell gone? "we got bill and brady". ty law and milloy gone? "we got bill and brady". vinatieri, branch, and and mangini gone? "we got bill and brady...theyre the best ever and all we need".

Quote:
Holding Tom to this lame, unasked for Mr. Perfect standard is wrong but hardly surprising
its hardly unasked for. the patfans practically begged for this standard. believe it or not the media (and especially local media) keep their finger on the pulse of the fans. looks like the patfans got what they asked for but dont want to take the good with the bad. their pristine image of their hero in his lombardi trophy coat of armor has a few chi nks in it, and they dont like it. neither does tom. thats funny.

on a sidenote tom can take comfort that he is not alone. since his favorite baseball team is the yankees, i would assume fellow golden boy alex rodriguez is his favorite player. a-rods piccture was splashed across the new york post today leaving a strip club with a woman who is not his wife with the headline stray-rod.

i think tom needs a cool 4-letter nickname shortening his name. how bout T-Bra? maybe not. sounds like something for a 12 year old girl (much like bradyfans whining does).
Old 05-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #34
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,242 Times in 1,803 Posts

[QUOTE=tony hipchest;252208]

i think tom needs a cool 4-letter nickname shortening his name. how bout T-Bra? maybe not. sounds like something for a 12 year old girl (much like bradyfans whining does).[/QUOTE]
ohhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP !!!!!!!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:53 PM   #35
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

It's funny, and I apologize, but I can't help thinking I should be hearing the chants of "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" in this thread.