Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 06-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #71
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Re: The Republicans have sold out America.

Thanks for that link, AD.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:17 PM   #72
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

We are headed in the wrong direciton. thats for sure....

Im not much of a political man.........but I think the country better think about the next person they elect into office..........Please let that person be sm arter thatn George Bush, and hopefully have enough knowledge to lead out country as a superpower.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #73
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

What kills me is that people look directly at the President for the things that are happening in this country or better yet for some of the things that aren't happening in this country. As much as the President is in the forefront, I honestly believe that, some people do not hold Congress accountable for the bills & laws that are passed. And all along they just want to blame the President.

Yes, I believe that the President does hold a lot of responsibility but so does congress and everyone wants to seem to give them a free pass. I agree with what was stated earlier that this country needs a leader to take hold of the reigns that have fallen and lead this country as a super power.

Quote:
Here is the truth: America has never deported millions of people, and America will never deport millions of people. It's not what we do. It's not who we are. It's not who we want to be. The American people would never accept evening news pictures of sobbing immigrants being torn from their homes and put on a bus. We wouldn't accept it because we have hearts, and as much as we try to see history in the abstract, we know history comes down to the particular, to the sobbing child in the bus. We don't round up and remove. Nor should we, tomorrow, on one of our whims, grant full legal status and a Cadillac car. We take it a day at a time. We wait and see what's happening. We do the small discrete things a nation can do to make the overall situation better. For instance: "You commit a violent crime? You are so out of here." And, "Here, let me help you learn English."
Honestly, I wouldn't shed a tear if thousands of illegal immigrants were put on a bus, plane, train, or some other mode of transportation and shipped back to their home land. I have no problem with legal immigrants, because let's face it, somewhere in our family line most of us were immigrants at one time or another. However, when illegal immigrants are getting better care than my own family and they have a chance to receive better services and benefits and perks than my own - then I have a problem (but that also goes back to the government's actions or lack there of).

I have my own answers as to solving the immigration problem but I'm sure they wouldn't be popular with many of those who sign off on the legalization of such actions. It doesn't involve any haneous (sp) acts but it does hold people accountable.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #74
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,350 Times in 2,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
What kills me is that people look directly at the President for the things that are happening in this country or better yet for some of the things that aren't happening in this country. As much as the President is in the forefront, I honestly believe that, some people do not hold Congress accountable for the bills & laws that are passed. And all along they just want to blame the President.
Hard to argue Noonan has always been part of the blame Bush first crowd, as evidenced by this valentine she wrote after the 2004 election:

God bless our country.

Hello, old friends. Let us savor....

And now the president is speaking. He announced his agenda: reform the tax code, privatize Social Security, help the emerging democracies of Iraq and Afghanistan. "And then our servicemen and -women will come home with the honor they have earned."

"Today I want to speak to every person who voted for my opponent. . . . I need your support. . . . I will do all that I can do to earn your trust. . . . We have one country, one Constitution, and one future that binds us." All good. Savor

http://www.opinionjournal.com/column.../?id=110005844

Peggy - those were the days, eh?

W led a GOP Congress around by the nose for 6 years and the Dems have controlled Congress with a non-veto proof majority for less than 5 months - IMHO Bush takes the hit for what has happened politically since he took office with Rove's "you are with me or with the terrorists" approach to governing and has himself to blame for the growing and apparently across the board alienation from his policies.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #75
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Hard to argue Noonan has always been part of the blame Bush first crowd, as evidenced by this valentine she wrote after the 2004 election:

God bless our country.

Hello, old friends. Let us savor....

And now the president is speaking. He announced his agenda: reform the tax code, privatize Social Security, help the emerging democracies of Iraq and Afghanistan. "And then our servicemen and -women will come home with the honor they have earned."

"Today I want to speak to every person who voted for my opponent. . . . I need your support. . . . I will do all that I can do to earn your trust. . . . We have one country, one Constitution, and one future that binds us." All good. Savor

http://www.opinionjournal.com/column.../?id=110005844

Peggy - those were the days, eh?

W led a GOP Congress around by the nose for 6 years and the Dems have controlled Congress with a non-veto proof majority for less than 5 months - IMHO Bush takes the hit for what has happened politically since he took office with Rove's "you are with me or with the terrorists" approach to governing and has himself to blame for the growing and apparently across the board alienation from his policies.

Amen!
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:15 PM   #76
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Yes, unfortuently we have had a republican congress.......AKA the "do nuthing congress"
Hopefully the democrats will tise to the challenge
Old 06-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #77
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Here is the truth: America has never deported millions of people, and America will never deport millions of people. It's not what we do. It's not who we are. It's not who we want to be. The American people would never accept evening news pictures of sobbing immigrants being torn from their homes and put on a bus. We wouldn't accept it because we have hearts, and as much as we try to see history in the abstract, we know history comes down to the particular, to the sobbing child in the bus. We don't round up and remove. Nor should we, tomorrow, on one of our whims, grant full legal status and a Cadillac car. We take it a day at a time. We wait and see what's happening. We do the small discrete things a nation can do to make the overall situation better. For instance: "You commit a violent crime? You are so out of here." And, "Here, let me help you learn English."
Wait a second. What people like me want to do is send them back to their homes. This idea of America as their homes is as ridiculous as a criminal calling his jail cell home. I couldn't care less if they're sobbing. There are laws and these people broke them. Allowing them to stay here is akin to going to bank robber and telling him that not only is he released from prison, but we're going to return to him all the money he stole.

There is a place for immigration in America. This country is here because of immigrants. My own family comes from Germany and Lithuania. I know their history. But they came to this country as legal immigrants. As someone who's never had anything more than a parking ticket, it's hard for me to sympathize with people who are openly breaking the law. Besides, this bill assumes that most of the people here want to actually be citizens. This is simply untrue. Do you know why people marched in LA with Mexican flags? Because they don't want to stop being Mexicans. All they want is to come here and work. No citizenship, just jobs. Until we can deal with that reality, we'll never be able to deal with the immigration problem.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #78
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
Please let that person be sm arter thatn George Bush
Don't worry. Everyone running meets that standard
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #79
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

This whole bill is ridiculous. I cant bielive the american people are even thinking about this. This people are not educated this people are good for nothing criminals taking away work from are lower class. Instead i hope we crack down and send ever illegal back home. If they want citizenship so badly then do it legally instead of bitching about it.

I say we pass a bill to build a gaint wall that blocks ever illegal from coming in

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk

Last edited by fansince'76; 06-03-2007 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Inappropriate image
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #80
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Sorry verks, that T-shirt image was a bit over the line and I had to yank it.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote