Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-15-2005, 09:52 AM   #1
Zombo
Water Boy

Member Number: 681
Default This Week in the AFC North

Brian Billick is a fool.

Now the Great Zomboni has been telling everyone that for years, and now people are finally getting it.

A fool with a Super Bowl ring, you might say.

But let's look a little closer at that Super Bowl, and who deserves the credit:

These weren't the Baltimore Ravens of today, they were the Baltimore Browns. Who assembled the talent on that team? The Cleveland Browns personnel staff, including Ozzie Newsome, Phil Savage, Scott Pioli and Bill Belichick. Not only did they bring top players from Cleveland like Rob Burnett and Matt Stover, but they scouted and drafted Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden. And when Newsome and Savage moved on to Baltimore they put together a Super Bowl defense, drafting Peter Boulware, Jamie Sharper, Kim Herring, Duane Starks, and Chris McAllister, and signing strong veterans for the D-Line like Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa, who kept the blockers off of Ray Ray. They even added Jamal Lewis to pound the ball on offense, since The Fool was still having trouble putting together a passing game.

The defense was handed over to Marvin Lewis. And they were so talented and well-coached that that they brought a championship to Baltimore in spite of Billick. In fact Billick's offense went four or five weeks without scoring a TD in the middle of their Super Bowl Season. The guy that bailed him out and got his offense playing good enough to win, Trent Dilfer, was thrown out with the trash at the end of the season so that The Fool could design an offense around Elvis Grbac. I mean, Chris Redman. I mean, Tony Banks. I mean, Randall Cunningham. I mean, Jeff Blake. I mean Anthony Wright. I mean, Kyle Boller. I mean Kordell Stewart...

We're still waiting, Fool.

Now Pioli and Belichick are in New England with their three rings, and Savage is rebuilding the Browns the right way with a guy named Dilfer at quarterback, and Ozzie Newsome is still stuck with The Fool. And the Ravens are setting records for penalties, pushing refs, getting kicked out of games, doing everything but committing murder (oh wait, they already got away with that). The Fool, of course, has set the tone for the franchise: Supporting Lewis after he was convicted of obstructing justice in his murder trial and not even suspending him, supporting Jamal Lewis cause the poor guy didn't mean to make a coke deal on his cell phone, and basically just allowing a "boys will be boys" attitude as long as his defense kept winning football games for him.

Now the defense is older and not as talented. The time off seems to have taken a toll on J Lewis. And they still don't have a freaking QB or a passing attack. And here comes Trent Dilfer to provide The Fool with the ultimate bitchslap....

Cincinnati at Tennessee 1PM
The Bungles came back to earth (and back on track for 8-8) in Jacksonville last week after almost losing at home to winless Houston the week before. The national media was ready to put them in the AFC Championship, but the Great Zomboni said "wait a sec ... they haven't beaten ANYBODY". So this week they get another soft opponent and easy win, right? Nope. The dumb asses will be caught looking ahead to their "showdown" with Pittsburgh next week ... and you don't look past a Jeff Fisher-coached team. Look for McNair to have a big day, and Walter Payton's son to get in on the scoring. TITANS 34 BUNGLES 20

Cleveland at Baltimore 1PM
Trent Dilfer helped Brian Billick win a Super Bowl, but instead of paying him, Billick let him go and has suffered through a litany of mediocre QBs trying to make something out of his pathetic offensive gameplanning. Now Dilfer brings a Browns team to town that may not be as talented, but is disciplined and confident under new coach Romeo Crennell, who seems to have everybody on the same page in record time. The Browns aren't going to blow a lot of people out, but they will hang with every team every week until the end. And against an undisciplined bunch of head cases like the Ravens, that means a win in crunch time. Game ball for Trent. BROWNS 26 RAVENS 23

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh 1PM
The Stiller faithful are all worried about Big Gay Ben's boo boo this week, and who's going to play quarterback. Honestly, I'd be more worried about your 280 lb. tailback. Man, is he FAT. Bettis has always been big, but that guy must have spent his rehab at Burger King. I tuned into the game last week and I thought John Daly was playing tailback for the Stillers. If he stays healthy all season, I'll swim across the Monongahela in a Black & Gold thong. (Don't get excited, ladies.) This week, Jack Del Rio's swarming D will shut down Fat Jerome, Little Willie, Gimpy Ben, Weak-armed Tommy, Half-assed Hines or whoever else the Steelers throw out there. JAGUARS 23 STEELERS 10.

Zombo
Zombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 11:09 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,636 Times in 4,008 Posts
Default Re: This Week in the AFC North

when mentionning the assembly of the "great" ravens defense you left out the greatest raven ever-
Rod Woodson. ravens wouldnt have been crap without him. its no coincidence every team he was on, he helped lead them to the superbowl.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

I'm just gonna copy a quote from the Great Zomboni's last post and reword it a tad...

Quote:
The Browns and Ravens aren't as bad as they are being perceived.

The Bungles and Stillers aren't as good as their fans think they are.
Just put Steelers Backups in for "Browns and Ravens" and put in "The Great Zomboni's predictions" for "The Bungles and Stillers

First Prediction on here, you said that the Ravens were a losing club, but they would take the Jets, who were in the playoffs last year. True, they did win, so you stuck by your Ravens again and said they would take the Lions. If only penalties were points... Now you're saying that you've been telling everyone that Brian Billick is a fool for years; Well, you haven't been on here for years, Great Parcheesi, so I'm not buying it.

Then last week you said how the Chargers were gonna punish our "Big Gay Stiff" of a quarterback. Funny how he completed over 60% of his passes for 225 yards and a TD, but also Big Ben, with his "Herman Munster" like agility managed to run one in against the Chargers No. 1 Run Stopping defense. Now Byron Leftwich and the Jags are supposedly gonna shut us down like the Chargers were supposed to. Now our apparently fat and old running back Jerome, who only weighs 15 pounds more than the Jags QB, is gonna pass out and our back up QB, who took us to the playoffs, is gonna fail. Well, Great Linguini, I'm sorry if I find your predictions to be laughably wrong, and I think you should keep your predictions to Ohio only.

P.S. Maybe theres a Birthday Party of one of those kids you always get your Bengals jokes from, and you can work there.

Old 10-15-2005, 11:45 AM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

This joker is always good for a weekly laugh...I love how he so sincerely pretends to have some kind of insight that everyone else is lacking, when, basically, it's just regurgitated stuff available on any sports website.

The predictions are pretty laughable too.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,636 Times in 4,008 Posts

zamboni? linguini? parchesi? lmao! freaking hilarious! the only people who needs to worry about jerome bettis is over"ray"ted lewis and any other raven backfield member who can sack up and attempt to tackle him. all other teams are smart enough not to be so cocky.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 12:35 PM   #6
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

mayne you freakin suck at makin predictions, you've proven that the last 3 weeks, give it fool, just give it up.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:12 PM   #7
stand undefeated
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 507

What a joke this guy is... he'll be wrong on all 3 predictions.

JOKE.
stand undefeated is offline   Reply With Quote