Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 06-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #31
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: AFTER THE FALL: Wiser Roethlisberger looks to return to form in 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
There was thus nugget buried in the article from Jason Taylor:

Quote:

As Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, a Pittsburgh native who is the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, told me Wednesday, "They've got a mess up there. They've got a new coach, players questioning whether he should be there. He's got to find a way to demand some respect. I don't know what to expect, to be honest."
No context for how Taylor has any pertinent insights on the Steelers (unless he has been talking to his new teammate) but FWIW the Dolphins are not exactly in Indy's or New England's class when it comes to having a stable operation - pot, meet kettle.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Dolphins also make a change at HC very recently? Mr. Taylor needs to worry about his own team and treat himself to a big steaming cup of STFU.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #32
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,016 Times in 3,041 Posts
Default Re: AFTER THE FALL: Wiser Roethlisberger looks to return to form in 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
IMO, BR has failed to improve at all since coming to the NFL. his progress has been stagnant and that is because of whisenhunt and whipple not pushing him. he looked pretty healthy last year to me. we can all cling to that excuse as to why he played so poorly. but i saw the same passes and mistakes last year as i did the seasons prior. only this time he wasn't so lucky.

the guy needs to stop partying and realize he has a long way to go to be a successful QB rather than one who is told not to make mistakes.
i gotta put alot of that on the coaching staff. im not sure if it was because of cowher or the rooneys, that they didnt even employ a quarterbacks coach until 2001, but looking how jeff reed wanted a simple practice tool to help his place kicking and cowher said "no", im thinking it was cowher.

im really beginning cowher wanted to move up and get deangello hall or dunta robinson in the draft and colbert and robinson told him to deal with taylor and big ben. its possible he hancuffed their development and no big suprise they seem to be the 2 players most excited about the change.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #33
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,016 Times in 3,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Mr. Taylor needs to worry about his own team and treat himself to a big steaming cup of STFU.
or perhaps a bowl of soup:

like atlanta dan implied, its obvious porter has been filling taylors head full of crap. i guess we can all be glad tomlin doesnt have the belichick hype machine behind him like nick saban did.

its good to see porter and his new team mates are bonding so well though. he must think harrison is going to suck replacing him in the line-up.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #34
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
like atlanta dan implied, its obvious porter has been filling taylors head full of crap.
Yeah, it's kinda obvious Peezy has been feeding Taylor some of his sour grapes.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #35
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I hope Ex-Bungle Ken Anderson can turn Ben into a pro and develop him. I haven't heard any input from him yet.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:27 PM   #36
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

You gotta give Ken Anderson a break...he has seen the black and light by coming to the team!

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #37
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I think a seasoned, mature, and healthy Big Ben is going to be scary good............and I can't wait to watch all the talking bubbleheads tripping over each to say how they knew how good he was all along. Scary good and dangerous.........oh yeah!
Yep, same here.

What the reporters will do a lot of-------->

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:37 PM   #38
steelcity58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3251

I don't get the Cowher/Ben hatred thing at all...

Cowher was/is one of the best coaches to ever walk a sideline.

Ben has the tools both physically and is instinctive...not smart...but instinctive in the pocket, and one of the best QB's the Steelers have ever had..if not for TB.

I'm unsure about this Tomlin guy and his laid back approach.

Noll...was not laid back.

Cowher...was not laid back.
steelcity58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #39
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity58 View Post
I don't get the Cowher/Ben hatred thing at all...

Cowher was/is one of the best coaches to ever walk a sideline.

Ben has the tools both physically and is instinctive...not smart...but instinctive in the pocket, and one of the best QB's the Steelers have ever had..if not for TB.

I'm unsure about this Tomlin guy and his laid back approach.

Noll...was not laid back.

Cowher...was not laid back.
How do you get that Tomlin is laid back? he seems to be in the office more then Cowher, pushing the team harder then Cowher did last year, and getting a lot of good early feedback. Noll was the same way. Actually, out of the three, Cowher is the odd man out, walking up and down the sideline spitting and fuming. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. But that is not the ONLY way to coach, and not doing that doesn't mean another coach is laid back (Cowher not doing it last year however, DOES seem to impy that).
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:09 AM   #40
Smashmouth225
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
There was thus nugget buried in the article from Jason Taylor:

As Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, a Pittsburgh native who is the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, told me Wednesday, "They've got a mess up there. They've got a new coach, players questioning whether he should be there. He's got to find a way to demand some respect. I don't know what to expect, to be honest."

No context for how Taylor has any pertinent insights on the Steelers (unless he has been talking to his new teammate) but FWIW the Dolphins are not exactly in Indy's or New England's class when it comes to having a stable operation - pot, meet kettle.
Wow all this coming from a Dolphins player, didn't this team win like 6 games and coach bailed out on them to go coach in college. Talking about a mess JT should look at his team make up if he thinks the Dolphins are in good shape. Didn't the fans boo the FO and Cameron with the selection of Ted Ginn Jr. with the 9th pick?
Smashmouth225 is offline   Reply With Quote