Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #21
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Steelers putting in the time on special teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
My head says be VERY careful... We got a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go and many issues to deal with.

My heart says... we are SB bound!

Dang it.. I hate it when they argue like that!
Same here. I guess we just gotta trust our hearts
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #22
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
actually cowher coached good games in the 2-6 stretch, the players just had problems (lack of focus) executing it. it wasnt x's and o's that caused hines ward to fumble against denver, the meltdown against the bungles or atlanta, ben starting against the raiders. the only one i'd really place of x's and o's is giving up the lead against the chargers. even against jacksonville its possible to say we had the right gamep-lan in but not the right qb.
Nate Washington killed us in Atlanta....remember the big false start penalty before a spike to stop
the clock
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #23
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
and he would abandon that power running game when it was working best, to try and get cute and catch the opposition off guard (when the opposition was most expectin a cowheresque "change of pace".

(see jerome bettis dominating the broncos for a drive in 97 afcc game only for a kordell shot to the endzone, be called on 2nd and 2)
sometimes it felt like Cowher was coaching against himself in some games....last year especially....remember the swinging gate punt play vs SD....That looked like a F'd up play during a high school scrimmage....but Cowher called it after our O became stagnent....It was like Bill panic'd and said uh-oh I NEED a gadget....you cant call gadgets out of need
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:36 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,756 Times in 2,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post
Nate Washington killed us in Atlanta....remember the big false start penalty before a spike to stop
the clock
the spike play was a good call from an x's and o's standpoint. execution and focus killed that game, not the playcall. i bet they hadnt run the spike drill in practice since before nate was drafted.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #25
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post
sometimes it felt like Cowher was coaching against himself in some games....last year especially....remember the swinging gate punt play vs SD....That looked like a F'd up play during a high school scrimmage....but Cowher called it after our O became stagnent....It was like Bill panic'd and said uh-oh I NEED a gadget....you cant call gadgets out of need
I and that same feeling two years ago in the regular season game against Indy....An onside kick at the beginning of the third quarter....We were already knocked back on our heels, and never recovered from Indy being able to jump on that ball on their own 40.....
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #26
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I and that same feeling two years ago in the regular season game against Indy....An onside kick at the beginning of the third quarter....We were already knocked back on our heels, and never recovered from Indy being able to jump on that ball on their own 40.....
LLT...

I actually liked that play. It worked well for us in SB 30. It just wasn't executed well. However, all of last year was just messed up!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote