Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #11
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Lindy's pre-season Pro Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebus36 View Post
I assume the predicted order of finish is Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Browns. If so, I definitely don't agree with that.

The Ravens are the defending division champs and rightfully so. Let's be honest, they had are number last year.

The Bengals are an 8-8 team that have had as many subtractions as additions in the offseason where they need help, on defense. To the casual football fan, I suppose they are exciting to exciting to watch because it's all offense. And there loudmouth receivers remind of a line from Shakespeare, "a tale told by a fool, full of sound and fury, signifying... nothing."

The Browns are...well...the Browns.

On the Steelers, they took the safe bet and said coaching change = bad season but thats too easy. Usually coaches change on struggling teams so it takes a while to catch up. This is more like when John Gruden took over a Tampa team that was almost there and took them to the Super Bowl. Tomlin and staff are inheriting a very talented team coming off a bad season. Also, the defensive system is staying basically the same and we have a lot of returning veterans. Same system, same coordinator, same players = consistency. I think the Steelers D will be as good, possibly better, than the last two years.

In my heart, of course I've got the 2007 Steelers coming home with number 6. There's a lot we don't know but that's why they play the games.
3rd Place or even 4th place is normal to predict. It's way too easy.

Come on you sports writters. Challenge the coaches to do well. The fans of the Steelers are doing that with their coach. We think a SUPER BOWL by the Steelers is coming soon. Like Super Bowl XLII.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #12
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,099 Times in 2,383 Posts

I will probably stand corrected in January, but I do not see the Ravens love (another pre-season mag I was reading in the check out line (Athlon?) also picks them to win the division)

McNair was brought in to hopefully make it through one season, the D is aging and lost an impact LB to FA, and the division winner simply does not repeat in the Central.

I think it is the Benglas turn, with the Steelers being totally unpredictable - all I can say for the B&G is that if they do not get off to a fast (5-1) start it could be another dreary season.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #13
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

The First 5 Games of the season could mean a 5-0 start. The Toughest game is Seattle and it's at home.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #14
onthebus36
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5208

I think we need to get off to a fast start and 5-0 going into the bye week would be awesome!

On the other end of the schedule, the last five could all be pretty tough. At least four of those teams will be playoff contenders and potentially all five.
onthebus36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #15
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I'm cool with being picked 3rd in the division - I like being under the radar.
Me too. The Steelers play their best football when behind the 8 ball.

It is difficult to predict this early who is going to finish where. Predicitions are like opinions which are like arseholes - everyone has one. I predict that at least 2 more Bungles will be arrested before the start of the regular season - how's dat?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #16
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Me too. The Steelers play their best football when behind the 8 ball.

It is difficult to predict this early who is going to finish where. Predicitions are like opinions which are like arseholes - everyone has one. I predict that at least 2 more Bungles will be arrested before the start of the regular season - how's dat?
I say 10 more Bengal arrests at this rate.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #17
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

BAAAAHAHAHAHA ... the ravens lost A. Thomas. In the next 2-3 years they will lose Ogden, Mcnair, R. Lewis (possibly the first two after this season) ... probably in that order ... and well, they will crawl back to the basement.

Their receivers are mediocre ...

Their self proclaimed best back in the NFL (baaahahaha willis you idiot!!!) isn't all that much of an upgrade of J. Lewis. Speaking of which, you pretty much knew what you were going to get with lewis. consistency (maybe not in 05' ... but last year was not too shabby at all ... maybe not as explosive, but still punishing running style that wears u down)
... maybe its just me ... but I've always thought McGahee to be a bit of a joke myself ... well ... not a joke ... but i think he gets a little too much credit.

Their corners, Rolle and McAlister ... are both flirting with 30 and I think it's already apparent that their skills are declining a bit.

Their offensive line is no spring chicken either, although they did a really good job building for the future with grubbs/yanda ... (i prayed to the heavens on draft day that we woulda slid down a little and snatched up grubbs+a pick) ... still coulda got woodley too ... oh well.

Their D-line is just scary good tho, and thats what worries me ... a lot.

Suggs,Pryce,Ngata ... are you serious? I think B. Scott is more of a product of how good thomas, suggs, lewis are on that middle-right side ... not to mention he was getting paths cleared by Ngata and Pryce, so we'll see how he plays out.

but MANNNN ... that d-line ... wow.

NOW ONTO THE BENGALS.

Man, I never thought it would get to the point where their off field actions actually had that big of an impact on their on-the-field-performance. I just thought it was always funny to be like "ahhhahah another bengal arrested bhahaha!!"

underachievers and misfits fills that depth chart on the D-side of the ball.

... thats all i really got for them ... they are gonna miss chris henry, not to mention they lost kelly washington ... so no #3 and #4 ... if CJ or Doushmanzada go down, they are in a pretty fragile situation.

the Browns ...

.... BHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:26 PM   #18
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
BAAAAHAHAHAHA ... the ravens lost A. Thomas. In the next 2-3 years they will lose Ogden, Mcnair, R. Lewis (possibly the first two after this season) ... probably in that order ... and well, they will crawl back to the basement.

Their receivers are mediocre ...

Their self proclaimed best back in the NFL (baaahahaha willis you idiot!!!) isn't all that much of an upgrade of J. Lewis. Speaking of which, you pretty much knew what you were going to get with lewis. consistency (maybe not in 05' ... but last year was not too shabby at all ... maybe not as explosive, but still punishing running style that wears u down)
... maybe its just me ... but I've always thought McGahee to be a bit of a joke myself ... well ... not a joke ... but i think he gets a little too much credit.

Their corners, Rolle and McAlister ... are both flirting with 30 and I think it's already apparent that their skills are declining a bit.

Their offensive line is no spring chicken either, although they did a really good job building for the future with grubbs/yanda ... (i prayed to the heavens on draft day that we woulda slid down a little and snatched up grubbs+a pick) ... still coulda got woodley too ... oh well.

Their D-line is just scary good tho, and thats what worries me ... a lot.

Suggs,Pryce,Ngata ... are you serious? I think B. Scott is more of a product of how good thomas, suggs, lewis are on that middle-right side ... not to mention he was getting paths cleared by Ngata and Pryce, so we'll see how he plays out.

but MANNNN ... that d-line ... wow.

NOW ONTO THE BENGALS.

Man, I never thought it would get to the point where their off field actions actually had that big of an impact on their on-the-field-performance. I just thought it was always funny to be like "ahhhahah another bengal arrested bhahaha!!"

underachievers and misfits fills that depth chart on the D-side of the ball.

... thats all i really got for them ... they are gonna miss chris henry, not to mention they lost kelly washington ... so no #3 and #4 ... if CJ or Doushmanzada go down, they are in a pretty fragile situation.

the Browns ...

.... BHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
You said it man.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #19
onthebus36
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5208

I totally agree.

The Ravens age issues will increasingly be a factor and a decline in productivity is in the near future.

The Brownies are making some good moves, but they are still a couple seasons away from being a contender within the division. They are still a distant fourth.

The Bengals will continue to flash brilliance on offense but until they address their serious issues on defense, they probably aren't going to the next level. Inconsistency, immaturity, and a shallow bench are big reasons behind 8-8 records three of the last four seasons (the Lewis/Palmer era) and two winning seasons since 1990.

Of the division, the Steelers have the best balance of youth and experience on both sides of the ball. I'm excited to watch some new playmakers emerge this season. If the new coaching staff can make it happen, and I think they can, look out!
onthebus36 is offline   Reply With Quote