Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Penguins Summer Q&A

http://pittsburghpenguins.com/team/f...rts/2521.0.php

PENGUINS SUMMER Q&A: COLBY ARMSTRONG

by Joe Sager
pittsburghpenguins.com
06/04/2007

Penguins winger Colby Armstrong scored one goal at the IIHF World Championship tournament in Moscow. However, he made it count as his tally represented the game-winner as Canada captured the gold medal.

In this first installment of the Penguins summer Q&A, Colby took time out of his schedule to answer a few questions.

Q: What did you think of Moscow?

A: I thought it was definitely different from what I was used to, for sure. The traffic, the amount of people, the size of the city is unbelievable. There are definitely some different buildings, churches and landmarks that I saw that were pretty cool. Other than that, it was just a totally different feel from what I am used to, coming from North America.

Colby Armstrong celebrates with the World Championship trophy in Moscow.
Getty Images

Q: Did you get to do anything touristy?

A: We got to see a few things. We got to go to Red Square to check out some stuff there and they have a lot of little shops around there. We got to go to the Russian circus, which is supposed to be a pretty famous thing to go see. Other than that, we just bummed around. We took the subway on our own, which is pretty cool. It goes so far under the city. You take an escalator that goes down ? I don?t even know how far ? like at least two football fields it seemed like. It goes pretty far and you?re underneath the city in this old subway system riding around with everyone. It was pretty crazy. The amount of people was unbelievable.

Q: What is the best memory/experience you came home with from the World Championship?

A: I?d say the gold medal because that was pretty unbelievable.

Q: What was it like scoring the gold-medal winning goal?

A: It was just nice to score a goal. I didn?t know it was going to hold up to be the game-winner. It was the third goal in a 3-0 game at the time. They just battled back and got a couple goals to make me look like I scored the game winner. It stood up and it was an unbelievable feeling to have the only goal I scored be that one. It was a really great feeling. It was the first time I put on the Canadian jersey. It was such an honor.

Q: How will you prepare for the upcoming NHL season in the summer months?

A: I have started working out already. I just finished my first week. I pretty much will just work out and try to get better. That?s my plan and hopefully I will get into some golfing and hang out with the family and maybe do some fishing and all the regular stuff. It?ll be a pretty standard summer.

Q: What is the worst injury you?ve had to deal with in your career and what did you do to recover?

A: Probably when I hurt my shoulder a couple years ago. I had to get surgery on it and get it all put back together. That was probably my toughest one since I had to have surgery. Also, I broke my leg my second year in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and that was also a tough one to come back from just due to the fact that it was by my ankle and I sprained a lot of stuff and that was a battle, too. To come back from injuries, it?s just a lot of rehab and giving it time to heal and rest. It?s really frustrating, actually. But, if you do all the right things, it will work itself out and turn out for the best.

Colby Armstrong

Q: What is the biggest prank you?ve pulled on a teammate or what is the biggest one you?ve had pulled on you

A: Maybe the biggest one I have had pulled on me is when I bought a watch in Toronto, like my first watch ever, and it was pretty nice. As soon as I bought it, like the next day at the rink when we were at the rink in Toronto for a pre-game skate and somehow after I came off the ice, my watch was missing. So that put me into a little bit of a panic for quite a while and I was pretty upset about it. But, it turned out that it somehow found its way back into my pocket later in the day. So, that was a pretty funny joke. To this day, I still don?t know who on the team did it.

Q: What has been your most-memorable moment in the NHL so far?

A: I?d say playing in the playoffs. Last year, ending the season not doing so well and the team finishing in the bottom of the league and then coming in this year and having such a good year and a fun year with the guys. Just seeing our team improve every game and then getting to the playoffs and having that first game. That Stanley Cup experience, although it didn?t go the way we wanted it to, was great.

Q: What is your favorite thing to do in the offseason?

A: I like to lay around on the couch. Kind of a funny thing, you get the pieces of paper from the TV stations wanting to know about you and your hobbies and stuff that they put on the Jumbotron or something like that. For hobbies, I lay on the couch and watch TV. That?s like a hobby to me. You know you have a pretty bad life when you put that down, but what can I say? It?s something I love to do. It?s like there?s nothing better.

Q: Which NHL team do you enjoy playing against the most?

A: Probably Montreal or Toronto. Those Canadian teams, when you go up there, it?s such a buzz with all our young guys. Playing up in Canada is like the ultimate. It?s their sport and they are into every game and follow everything and they know a lot about the game. Nothing against the fans in the United States, but it?s just a totally different atmosphere to go up there. To go up there with guys like Crosby, Fleury, Staal and Malkin and to see the fans who come out to see these young guys on our team is awesome.

Q: What?s your favorite movie?

A: I am not sure. There are a lot of new ones that just came out. I?ll say Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. It?s pretty funny. There are a lot of good lines in that. Mostly, I am into the comedy movies.

Q: Do you have a favorite sport other than hockey?

A: I took up golf a little bit last year and I am going to really get into it this year. I just got a condo on a golf course here in Saskatoon, so I am pretty pumped just to walk out onto the course from my place and get into that groove. I am pretty excited about that.

Q: Are you any good at it?

A: I am awful, but I am getting better. When you have a big, lanky skinny guy swinging wrenches, you?re bound to get better.

Q: What?s your favorite restaurant?

A: In Pittsburgh, I?d say my favorite restaurant for lunch is the Amazon Caf?. The tomato cheddar soup is unbelievable. For dinner, I?d say The Melting Pot. I like the steak there and the dessert is not bad, everything is pretty much chocolate. It takes a long time to eat there, but it?s worth it, for sure.

Q: What do you like about Pittsburgh the most?

A: I just like the attitude of everybody in the city. It?s pretty laid-back. No one expects too much out of everything, they just want hard work and that?s the mentality of the city. They just want to see a team working hard and, obviously, everyone wants to watch a winner. I like the attitude of the city for its sports. Everyone is into the Steelers and Pirates and the Penguins. It?s just a fun city to be in for sports in general. Also, I like driving on the roads there because you never know where you?re going. It?s one of the craziest places ever.

Q: Where do you go in the summer?

A: Pretty much I spend my summers in the gym. But, mostly I just live in Saskatoon.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote