Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-07-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Brady on fatherhood

....no comment.

Maybe he should have though about that before he let his johnson out for some air time.

http://www.projo.com/sports/jimdonal...Q.31ea2de.html

Media?s blitz is getting too close for Tom Brady?s comfort

07:47 AM EDT on Wednesday, June 6, 2007

By JIM DONALDSON
Journal Sports Writer

The Providence Journal / Bob Breidenbach

FOXBORO ? Tom Brady is much more comfortable talking about football than fatherhood.

?I don?t want to talk much about that,? Brady, clearly uncomfortable about answering the question, said yesterday when asked his feelings about soon becoming a dad.

Brady was more than willing ? indeed, eager, given the alternative ? to talk about the prospect of passing the football to new receivers such as Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker and Randy Moss this season. What he quite obviously was not interested in talking about was the prospect of passing out cigars when his first child arrives this fall.

Who?d ever have thought that, when Tom Brady was about to have a baby, he?d prefer to talk about the arrival of Randy Moss rather than the impending arrival of his first born?

Then again, who ever thought Tom Brady would have a baby out of wedlock?

If image is, indeed, everything, then Brady?s was everything anyone could ask for. He was the young, star quarterback of the three-time Super Bowl-champion New England Patriots, and twice a Super Bowl MVP. Intelligent, articulate and thoughtful, he also was blessed with a charismatic personality and movie-star good looks, complete with sparkling eyes and dimpled chin.

Which was one of the reasons he wound up dating Bridget Moynahan, a beautiful movie actress who is pregnant with his child.

The problem is that they broke up late last year, around the time Moynahan became pregnant, as Brady moved on to a new relationship, with drop-dead-gorgeous supermodel Giselle Bundchen.

Which raises the question of what all that does to Brady?s image?

He still looks the same. He appeared to be in tip-top shape yesterday and, clearly, he still has no problem completing passes on the football field. Or off it, for that matter.

But do we look at him in the same way?

For those who believe athletes should be role models, Brady ranked right up there at the top of the list. He has visited schools and hospitals. He has contributed time and money to numerous charitable organizations. He sat by Charlie Weis? bedside when Weis was in danger of dying after stomach bypass surgery. Respected, liked and admired by his teammates, he is adored by Patriots fans.

But role models do not sire illegitimate children. Especially with a woman with whom he once visited the Pope at the Vatican. Don?t know if the Holy Father reads the tabloids, but the news of Brady becoming an unholy father probably is something he?d frown upon.

Most people, however, can?t get enough of such scandal ? as Brady pointed out near the end of his press conference yesterday.

?It?s all about money,? he said. ?There are so many media outlets, everyone?s jockeying for the latest and greatest (story.)?

That?s another side to the story.

One of the few downsides to being Tom Brady, one of the few drawbacks to being a handsome, wealthy superstar who sleeps with starlets, is that life is lived in a fishbowl.

There was a mini-controversy recently when Brady was photographed wearing a Yankees hat, as if it were a betrayal of die-hard New England fans who root for the Red Sox perhaps even more rabidly than they do the Patriots. Oh, my gawd, the locals lamented ? how could Tommy do such a thing?

Such trivial things are insignificant ? tempests in the proverbial teapot. Or, in this case, beanpot.

Children, however, are of the utmost importance. Fatherhood is not something that should be taken lightly ? although it too often seems to be in today?s society, especially among pro athletes and entertainment industry celebrities.

Brady grew up as the youngest child in a family seemingly as wholesome as those depicted on TV sitcoms of the ?50s and ?60s.

?I?ve got a great mom and dad,? he said yesterday. ?I have a great family, and I?m very proud of the way they raised me.?

How proud they are, in this case, of being grandparents is a matter that Brady doesn?t want to discuss, preferring to keep his family life part of his private life.

?The hard part,? he said, ?is when (the media) bring my family into it. Part of my life is public. My family is not.?

The question of how much of a superstar?s life should be public was raised yet again last week, when Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez was photographed in Toronto in the company of a well-endowed blonde. Count me among those who think such dalliances should be of interest only to A-Rod?s wife, Cindy. As long as athletes ? especially baseball and basketball players ? have been taking road trips, such goings-on have been taking place.

How different, for example, would Babe Ruth?s image have been if he?d been followed by photographers on his late-night revels involving large quantities of adult beverages and various other activities among consenting adults?

Now we wonder if people will look at Brady differently.

It?s no wonder he doesn?t want to talk about it. What, really, can he say?

?I have no complaints about my life, what I?m doing,? he said.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:58 AM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,517 Times in 3,750 Posts
Default Re: Brady on fatherhood

Given the return fire I have drawn with my observations about this on a Steelers board, my guess is this story in a New England paper has resulted in the e-mail and voicemail boxes for the paper being filled up with messages defending Tom Terrific's request to keep this matter private, especially since nothing I said approached this zinger:

But role models do not sire illegitimate children. Especially with a woman with whom he once visited the Pope at the Vatican. Don’t know if the Holy Father reads the tabloids, but the news of Brady becoming an unholy father probably is something he’d frown upon.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Though I do believe the media goes overboard at times, A$$ Chin is a public figure at his own choosing, so he should expect every little detail about his life to be an open book whether he prefers it that way or not.

Personally, though I was raised and still am a practicing Catholic, as long as he takes responsibility for his child, I have no problem with how, when, where and with who he "sired" this child. He strikes me as a very family oriented kind of guy and I believe he will be not only an active participant, but a positive influence in his child's life.

Dry the tears, Tom - with all of the birth control out there today, seems to me that YOU were in on the choice to have unprotected sex with a well known actress, which resulted in the creation of a little life. You're back in the spotlight now, pal. Deal with it.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Tom,if you didn't want to have your personal life plastered out in public,you shouldn't have become a professional athlete.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #5
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

I already have enough other reasons to not like Brady, I don't need anymore.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #6
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274

Just another reason on my check list to hate @$$ chin even more than I already do.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #7
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Sounds like his ride at the top is coming to a crushing halt. Seems people want to ask him more about his baby then his offense. Yeah, I wish I had that problem. Welcome to reality you over payed pompous @$$!

You live in a world that most of wish we could afford and you're upset that the media is questioning you about the baby on the way. Try living in a world where paycheck to paycheck is reality and having children running up your leg is an every day occurance.

Why don't you just be irresponsible, pay the mother off, and having nothing else to do with the child if you're going to act a fool about it.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:45 AM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Thats a crappy, disturbing cartoon.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote