Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-11-2007, 08:34 AM   #81
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: MySpace: Why are people so naive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I don't think it's quite fair to generalize, stlrtruck. I can't speak for the other ladies here, but personally, I wear very little makeup and always have. I have great skin that I've taken care of for a lot of years and see no need to clog up my pores or cover up what God gave me to work with. The way I look at it, the best way to a man's heart is by just being yourself (or in the alternative, by just surrendering the freakin' remote!)
You're right the generalization was wrong (and I apologize for that) but my point was more to the case that women, not all but most, tend to think that a man will be more attracted to them if they apply make up, or dress a certain way.

IMHO, if you truly WANT a man to be yours, then it will happen when you are yourself from the inside out. Let him see the true you with your words and actions not some $90 dress off the racks and $150 worth of makeup.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the women don't look good when they do all that stuff, it usually becomes a distraction from the real them - at least for the men that are looking at them.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:36 AM   #82
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenarcher View Post
And guys, I could make a list a mile long of all the things males are insufficient at...... However, I love ya all and wouldn't even do that
Besides, it's late and I don't have that kind of time....LOL
Now why would you do that?

You know we don't listen
We'll just say you are nagging.
And I've already got one woman doing that (LOL)

Old 06-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #83
Maidenarcher
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2474

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Now why would you do that?

You know we don't listen
We'll just say you are nagging.
And I've already got one woman doing that (LOL)
My thoughts exactly...... LOL
Old 06-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #84
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
IMHO, if you truly WANT a man to be yours, then it will happen when you are yourself from the inside out. Let him see the true you with your words and actions not some $90 dress off the racks and $150 worth of makeup.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the women don't look good when they do all that stuff, it usually becomes a distraction from the real them - at least for the men that are looking at them.
Glad you got my point.

I think most women like to look and feel feminine (other than the butches - LOL!) and we all have different thoughts on what makes us feel that way. Though I love my blue jeans and cutoffs, I much prefer to wear a skirt, a suit or a dress and a pair of heels, but that's just me. I won't leave my house looking raggedy or disheveled even if just going to the store and that isn't to impress anyone. It is just me being ME and feeling comfortable within myself. If some women like to paint their faces with makeup and dress to the nines, I see nothing wrong with it if that it what makes them feel good about themselves. I don't believe that a woman doing what makes her feel comfortable changes who she is on the inside.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #85
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Glad you got my point.

I think most women like to look and feel feminine (other than the butches - LOL!) and we all have different thoughts on what makes us feel that way. Though I love my blue jeans and cutoffs, I much prefer to wear a skirt, a suit or a dress and a pair of heels, but that's just me. I won't leave my house looking raggedy or disheveled even if just going to the store and that isn't to impress anyone. It is just me being ME and feeling comfortable within myself. If some women like to paint their faces with makeup and dress to the nines, I see nothing wrong with it if that it what makes them feel good about themselves. I don't believe that a woman doing what makes her feel comfortable changes who she is on the inside.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with painting faces and dressing to the nines. My point being is that a "real" man will see the beauty within regardless of what you put on the outside.

I mean I love it when my wife dresses up and looks nice, and she doesn't wear a lot of make up. However, I see the beauty in my wife when she smiles. Of course it probably would be nice if the men recognized the natural beauty of a woman rather than only saying something when she's painted up and dolled up.

I've just met a lot of women who would rather "pretend" who they are, then be who they are.

I belive it is possible for a woman to dress to the nines and represent herself in a more compelling fashion, rather than one that all it does is turn the heads of the male "dogs". Now I hope I didn't screw up my point.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #86
Maidenarcher
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2474

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with painting faces and dressing to the nines. My point being is that a "real" man will see the beauty within regardless of what you put on the outside.

I mean I love it when my wife dresses up and looks nice, and she doesn't wear a lot of make up. However, I see the beauty in my wife when she smiles. Of course it probably would be nice if the men recognized the natural beauty of a woman rather than only saying something when she's painted up and dolled up.

I've just met a lot of women who would rather "pretend" who they are, then be who they are.

I belive it is possible for a woman to dress to the nines and represent herself in a more compelling fashion, rather than one that all it does is turn the heads of the male "dogs". Now I hope I didn't screw up my point.

You said everything just fine my dear. I couldn't have said it any better.....
Old 06-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #87
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,361 Times in 4,303 Posts

a man just needs to be able to retreat into his "cave"
Old 06-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #88
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,121 Times in 1,747 Posts

[/IMG]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #89
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
[/IMG]
I understand where you're coming from, stlrtruck, and I agree wholeheartedly, but I think MOP says it best above.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #90
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Myspace was originally 18+ and you had to verify your age via credit card to get an account.I really wish they'd go back to that because I am sick of friend requests and instant messages from 14 year olds.I don't wanna catch a case.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote