Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Pirates

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 06-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #11
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Regressing Pirates reeling after sweep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
On occasion? Hell, I'm negative about them all the time. There really is no excuse for the team to be this bad, not with all of the talent they clearly have - you have to be either blind or ignorant to not see it. When you see the same mistakes being made over and over and over again, that is a failure of the manager and coaching staff, plain and simple. Jim Tracy should NEVER have been hired to manage this team. And what the hell did Jeff Manto ever do to deserve to be a hitting coach? He was a .230 hitter for his career, for God's sake! And don't even get me started on the joke that is Jim Colborn. It's a friggin miracle that the man has managed to get Snell and Gorzelanny to be successful. He's totally ruined Zach Duke and Paul Maholm, to the point that I don't see either one turning things around any time soon. The ONLY reason these jokers have jobs is because management was too damn cheap to find people worth a damn. Bob Nutting says he wants to win? Bull-f'ing-shit!

It's really a shame what's happened to this once proud franchise.
You're right. There is basically no excuse for the Pirates to suck for this long. The Small-Market excuse doesn't work anymore. Look at the Twins, Athletics, Tigers, hell even the Brewers are starting to get it together. The Bucs owners are just too cheap and stupid. What is even more funny is that I hear the "Rooneys are cheap" line all the time on Steelers sites.

I was 3 the last time the Pirates had a winning season in 1992. THREE YEARS OLD! So I was basically too young to comphrehend baseball. What is even more sad is the sheer fact that there are young Bucs fans born 1992-Afterwards that have yet to see winning baseball in Pittsburgh. It's all so disappointing.

I feel sad imagining whenever I look inside that beautiful stadium...a playoff atmosphere one day. The place is packed and rocking, Millions of Pittsburgh fans cheering the Bucs, Thundersticks, banners, chants, you name it. Instead, we're opting for boycotts and sites like Irate fans are being created.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

The best way to show Pirates management that you don't approve of the way they've handled this team is to hit them in the wallet and NOT GO TO THE GAMES!!! Yes - PNC Park is absolutely beautiful and no matter how bad the team is, the atmosphere there is outstanding, but I can watch them lose and blow leads just as well at home and I can smoke, have a beer (or 2) and go to the can whenever I feel like it.

I don't think I'm so much angry with the team as I am with the coaching staff and management. I'll continue to support them as they are my team, but as far as giving them one dime - forget it.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #13
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

according to a Q&A with Dejan on the PG website, there is going to be a protest outside the ballpark during the June 30th game against the Nationals at PNC Park. That's a start. I guess we're learning from Baltimore's mass exodus during a game last year. It got the ownership to make some sort of upgrades.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote