Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-18-2007, 08:31 AM   #11
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Another Bengal Busted?

I tried a google search on "another bengal arrested"..........didn't feel like going through all 590,000 hits.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #12
onthebus36
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5208

They waived three guys on Thursday:

"June 14: Waived TE Gregg Guenther, RB Terrence Whitehead and C Ben Wilkerson."

According to the website, Quincy Wilson is still on the roster.
onthebus36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #13
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Man, they couldn't wait till training camp to start the jail time....

I'm beginning to think they have a list in their locker room saying names and dates of when they are to be arrested..
..but hey, I'll give 'em credit for going this long...

~Polamalufan43
Old 06-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #14
onthebus36
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5208

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalufan43 View Post
Man, they couldn't wait till training camp to start the jail time....

I'm beginning to think they have a list in their locker room saying names and dates of when they are to be arrested..
..but hey, I'll give 'em credit for going this long...

~Polamalufan43
Seriously! Most teams just have to deal with injuries and contract disputes. How do you make a roster when so many guys have court and potential jail pending?
onthebus36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Look like another member of the 'Dirty Division' AFCN has got themselves in trouble - that makes two more (including the Bengals RB).#

Quote:
BROWNS RECEIVER CAPS WEEKEND ARREST TRIFECTA

As the saying goes, "When it rains, it comes down really hard." Or something.

After nearly a full month of peace and quiet on the NFL police blotter, three players were arrested over the weekend for various types of alleged misconduct, most of which likely resulted from an extended visit with the Reverend Al K. Hall.

Packers linebacker Nick Barnett and (as reported first right here on Sunday night -- and we want our damn gold star for it) Bengals running back Quincy Wilson were busted for disorderly conduct in separate incidents on Sunday morning.

Wilson's arrest occurred after a post-wedding visit to a nightclub in Cabell County, West Virginia, during which Wilson, the groom, the bride, and three other persons were busted. (Another report indicates that a total of 13 people were arrested.)

Police claim that the group failed to leave the area outside the club after authorities ordered them to disperse. Family members allege that the arrest was racially motivated because the groom and the other members of the wedding party are black, and the bride is white.

It now appears that a third NFL player landed in the hoosegow over the weekend. Browns receiver Mike Mason was jailed late Saturday, and as of Monday afternoon remained in custody, on charges of aggravated disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and obstructing official business, all of which are misdemeanors. Police used a Taser gun to subdue him.

Mason was signed by the Browns six weeks ago as an undrafted free agent. His bail has been set at $20,000 because he is regarded as a flight risk; he has no Cleveland address and is viewed as a long shot to make the team.

Um, Mike? The odds just got a little longer.

But at least Mason will have made a contribution during his time in Cleveland. By our count, the Browns get nine points in Turd Watch. The Packers and Bengals each pick up three.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #16
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i cant wait for the excuse that "he wasnt a serious roster addition and wasnt gonna make the team anyways"

another gold star for the bungles weak assed, 1 man scouting department.

suckers.
he wasnt a serious roster addition and wasnt gonna make the team anyways
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #17
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Wilson's arrest occurred after a post-wedding visit to a nightclub in Cabell County, West Virginia, during which Wilson, the groom, the bride, and three other persons were busted

Mommy?...Daddy?....where did you spend your honeymoon?
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #18
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
CS85...

I am going to say the same to you I said to S&B...

The problems isn't the players... it is the leadership itself, the ownership. If the ownership stepped up and told Lewis... You have 1 month to straighten this ship, or your gone, it would be done. What you need is new owners/management. If the coach won't step up, then a new coach as well. The players will rise or fall to the level of expectation put upon them, in all aspects of their sport.
I don't know about all of that...you can blame the coach/owners for picking up players with questionable character and maybe for keeping them too long...but Marvin Lewis can't babysit all of these guys so they won't get in trouble.

I'm sure Marvin Lewis and the ownership are just as embarassed as anyone by this point...but what can you really do? I mean, you can tell by this year's draft that they decided to stop taking risks on players with red flags, but when players like Quincy Wilson who had no red flags (other than goint to WVU) start getting arrested, what are you supposed to do?

I don't really know how much freedom the organization has to cut these players based on their bad behavior, especially with the NFLPA and the fact that many of these guys aren't actually being convicted...but I expect that Quincy and most of the other troublemakers will be cut at the very least by training camp. I think Odell and Henry were the last guys to receive second chances.

It might take a while to weed out all of the bad seeds. It's something that has grown in the organization over the past couple of years. And now that the organization (and the league) has finally noticed, it's gonna take a little while to revert.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
I don't know about all of that...you can blame the coach/owners for picking up players with questionable character and maybe for keeping them too long...but Marvin Lewis can't babysit all of these guys so they won't get in trouble.

I'm sure Marvin Lewis and the ownership are just as embarassed as anyone by this point...but what can you really do? I mean, you can tell by this year's draft that they decided to stop taking risks on players with red flags, but when players like Quincy Wilson who had no red flags (other than goint to WVU) start getting arrested, what are you supposed to do?

I don't really know how much freedom the organization has to cut these players based on their bad behavior, especially with the NFLPA and the fact that many of these guys aren't actually being convicted...but I expect that Quincy and most of the other troublemakers will be cut at the very least by training camp. I think Odell and Henry were the last guys to receive second chances.

It might take a while to weed out all of the bad seeds. It's something that has grown in the organization over the past couple of years. And now that the organization (and the league) has finally noticed, it's gonna take a little while to revert.
The problem is that the soil you are attempting to sow these young players in is tainted.

If those very same players were in an environment where mentoring was of a higher importance then I would be willing to bet that alot of them woudn't be getting into trouble with police.

Its not a random act of chance that players with no 'previous' are getting to trouble - the poisonous environment that the Bengals management has created is going to ensure they are stuck with this legacy for along time to come.

The only guy who appears to show any sort of leadership is Carson, his right hand man has all the gravitas of a circus clown - the only thing that will get the Bengals out of this mess is a far reaching cull of all the bad influences on the team.

I won't hold my breath for Marvin 'talent trumps all' Lewis to get get serious about that any time soon.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #20
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,291 Times in 471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
I'm sure Marvin Lewis and the ownership are just as embarassed as anyone by this point...but what can you really do?
Well, he could stop blaming society, the police and everyone else and start pointing the finger of blame at the real parties responsible for his players' transgressions - namely, the players themselves. That would be a really good start.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote