Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-11-2007, 11:08 AM   #21
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: God is punishing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyNav View Post
What famous govenor once said?

"Religion is only a crutch for the weak minded".

HINT: Also said "If reincarnated would like to come back as a D-cup sized bra"
That would be Jesse Ventura...but keep in mind that a person who would say..."If you were to come to Minnesota, I could have you locked up like that. That's power"....may not be humble enough to entertain the concept of a God that has "power" over him.
I think we can safely say that Jesse Ventura isnt exactly the measuring stick anyone would want to compare themselves by in this type of debate......He is an idiot who only got 36% of the votes.....Ventura would NEVER have become governor had the two main runners not been weak..... The media found him so entertaining...... that they kidded with him through the whole campaign. He never got a tough question or gave a tough answer. .... He went for the Reform Party because they had money and he needed it. He was a sideshow that entertained the nation for awhile...nothing more.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:24 PM   #22
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASTEELER View Post
i dont take it as starting a war at all
give me examples
Had a lady in our church that ended up in the ER with bad stomach cramps. X-Rays showed that her intestines were in a knot. The hospital staff was preparing her for an emergency surgery when just before they were about to take her in they took another X-Ray and found that it was no longer in a knot and she was fine.

My brother-in-law broke a bone (I can't remember which one) in his hand so bad that they were going to re-break it to set it and put a cast on. Before the doctor even saw him, the hand was fine.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #23
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,157 Times in 456 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Had a lady in our church that ended up in the ER with bad stomach cramps. X-Rays showed that her intestines were in a knot. The hospital staff was preparing her for an emergency surgery when just before they were about to take her in they took another X-Ray and found that it was no longer in a knot and she was fine.

My brother-in-law broke a bone (I can't remember which one) in his hand so bad that they were going to re-break it to set it and put a cast on. Before the doctor even saw him, the hand was fine.
coinsedence(sp) im not trying to belittle your faith just so happens the day of the post my aunt was killed by a drunk driver who was 18 years old and his second offence her husband is a preacher so i hope you can see why my faith was shaken i only hope his wasnt
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #24
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASTEELER View Post
coinsedence(sp) im not trying to belittle your faith just so happens the day of the post my aunt was killed by a drunk driver who was 18 years old and his second offence her husband is a preacher so i hope you can see why my faith was shaken i only hope his wasnt
I can completely understand why your faith was shakened. At times, I do question my own. But it's in the times of earthly discomfort that our faith becomes stronger. My wife's brother-in-law passed away unexpectedly about a month ago, from an enlarged heart. Something that couldn't have been noticed on an X-ray and doctors would have done an MRI to find it, if he was having problems but he wasn't. His wife and daughters since have questioned, "WHY?" And that's ok - God doesn't care about the question (not saying he doesn't care about the subject matter) as much as he cares about the relationship.

People can say many things about one's death, especially one that was a Christian. She's in a better place, etc. However, that doesn't ease the suffering of those here on earth. Just curious to know if you've talked to your uncle since her death? Is he questioning his faith? Have you asked him how he's dealing with it? You may find renewed strength in your uncle's faith.

I don't feel you are belittling my faith. I've gone through the fire of refinement more than once and I can only thank God that it hasn't been something that you've experienced. Don't know if it will make you feel different but I'll pray for Peace and Comfort for you and your family.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #25
HeyNav
Water Boy

Location: Apple Valley, MN. If you've been to Minnesota Zoo you were 1 mile north.
Member Number: 5588

[QUOTE=lamberts-lost-tooth;255634]
"I think we can safely say that Jesse Ventura isnt exactly the measuring stick anyone would want to compare themselves by in this type of debate...."

Who is that idiot using Jesse Ventura as a measuring stick anyway?
Lighten up!

We don't have to be serious about everything, do we?
Enjoy people, life. Prost!
HeyNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #26
HeyNav
Water Boy

Location: Apple Valley, MN. If you've been to Minnesota Zoo you were 1 mile north.
Member Number: 5588

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I'm gonna go with Jesse Ventura?

What great man once said, "No one gets to the father except through me."
I don't know but sounds good.

Like "It's easier for a rich man to pass through the eye of a needle than.....something, something, something.
HeyNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #27
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyNav View Post
I don't know but sounds good.

Like "It's easier for a rich man to pass through the eye of a needle than.....something, something, something.
Oh, thought that was "Sting" that said that. Anyway. I have always been a very "concrete operational" person...where is God & where is Jesus... I can't see them? I have had tremendous "cognitive dissonance" throughout my life as I went to church, learned theories & tried to believe what I could not actually see. As a very analytical person, I finally rationalized God through analyzing the evolution theory. I thoroughly thought this through & realized if we evolved from apes, what happened to everything in between? Why are apes & humans here, but everything in between is....gone? It is completely irrational if not impossible IMHO.

Bless, GB

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,530 Times in 3,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I thoroughly thought this through & realized if we evolved from apes, what happened to everything in between? Why are apes & humans here, but everything in between is....gone? It is completely irrational if not impossible IMHO.

Bless, GB
"we evolved from apes" is a generic phrase. apes and humans just shared a common ancestor. the difference between an ape and our common ancestor is just as profound as the difference in us and the said ancestor.

in spite of that we still share 99% of the same genetic make up as a chimpanzee.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:47 PM   #29
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
"we evolved from apes" is a generic phrase. apes and humans just shared a common ancestor. the difference between an ape and our common ancestor is just as profound as the difference in us and the said ancestor.

in spite of that we still share 99% of the same genetic make up as a chimpanzee.
Imagine if Brady could mate mate with chimps.......Oh, I guess that's how we got the Pat's!

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:33 AM   #30
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Ohwhere is God & where is Jesus... I can't see them? I have had tremendous "cognitive dissonance" throughout my life as I went to church, learned theories & tried to believe what I could not actually see.
My father-in-law had a great come back for people that had this type of mentality. And it was really simple...

Do you believe that air exists? You can't see it?