Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-21-2007, 02:03 AM   #31
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,373 Posts
Default Re: God is punishing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
My father-in-law had a great come back for people that had this type of mentality. And it was really simple...

Do you believe that air exists? You can't see it?

It depends on where you live...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:07 AM   #32
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
"we evolved from apes" is a generic phrase. apes and humans just shared a common ancestor. the difference between an ape and our common ancestor is just as profound as the difference in us and the said ancestor.

in spite of that we still share 99% of the same genetic make up as a chimpanzee.
A cloud and watermelon are 98% the same chemically.... When was the last time a cloud evolved into a watermelon?

The fact is, that 1 percent is the biggest difference of them all.

Think about it. Your going to build a bunch of things... would you look for different materials for each thing you build? or would you use the same materials for the same type of structures?

Similarity means nothing... except that they are similar. It doesn't point to common ancestory, just common makeup.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #33
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
It depends on where you live...
Now I'm curious, where have you seen air? Or heard about air being seen, because I'd love to check that out.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:36 AM   #34
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,373 Posts

Any city wheres there's smog, you can see what your breathing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:26 PM   #35
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Any city wheres there's smog, you can see what your breathing.
But isn't smog something in the air and not the air itself?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:41 PM   #36
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,010 Times in 4,558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
A cloud and watermelon are 98% the same chemically.... When was the last time a cloud evolved into a watermelon?

The fact is, that 1 percent is the biggest difference of them all.

Think about it. Your going to build a bunch of things... would you look for different materials for each thing you build? or would you use the same materials for the same type of structures?

Similarity means nothing... except that they are similar. It doesn't point to common ancestory, just common makeup.
clouds and watermellon are mostly water. humans are made up of 70% water. life cannot exist without water and all organic matter has carbon. water existed before humans, as did the earth. plants existed before humans. all these facts arent disputed by science or the bible. ultimately you can say a watermellon and man share the same ancestor- that single cell organism that evolved/was created in the sea before humans saw light.

we are taught Adam was made from dust. what is dust? common household dust is dead skin cells. is it possible God made Adam from a bunch of dead human skin cells before humans ever existed? doubtful. did God shed his own dead skin cells and make us from them? unlikely, because God did not exist in physical form until about 2000 years ago.
did God literally stand on the ground, leaving footprints on the earth, as he took a straw broom and a dustpan and swept up the dirt to make Adam? he wouldnt need to.

so what is dust to Moses who wrote the 1st 5 books of the bible thousands of years ago?
dust, at the time, was the 1st recognition of atoms and elements. dust was the smallest particles known to man before microscopes existed. even a caveman could take a dirt clod and grind it up into a powder so fine the individual particles couldnt be seen themselves.

there are only 92 naturally occuring elements of the periodic table that are the building blocks of everything known in the universe. God gave the authors of the bible the knowledge that man was created from the elements of the earth long before modern science was even close to figuring that out.

"ashes to ashes, dust to dust". when i look for the eteranal answers to life i dont see much contradiction between the bible and the scientists. each party seems to only have half the story. put them together and everything so much clearer and the meaning seems so much more important and special. science tries to explain the "how" and all of the Godlike mechanisms and "forces of nature" (= another phrase for God). religion explains the same very quickly but gives the answers to the "why".

i would rather understand the "how" + the "why" rather than just one or the other. this all works for me, because it makes the most sense to me. i know its unconventional, but sometimes the harder you seek for answers on your own, the more you understand.

all of science cant be discredited just because its science, and all of religion cant be discredited just because it is religion and an ancient book. (although the wisest book ever written). some would say my convictions water down religion, but then again some would say they water down "concrete" science. the spirit of God in my heart (that 1% you mention that sets us apart) tells me not to worry about what some may say.

right or wrong, i know God appreciates my quest for understanding. right or wrong, i guess it could be simplified by the story of peter and pauls debate whether one can or cannot eat pork.

and contrary to what LITP may believe- "Pork, the other white meat"