Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #11
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: You can't smoke there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
So is drinking. Don't hear about the government trying to ban that, do you? It didn't work too well the first time they tried.
Yeah it didn't work when they tried to ban it. Those Beer and alcohol companies bribed congress enough to bring it back.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #12
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,423 Times in 514 Posts

Well, Denver has already adopted these smoking bans in bars and restaurants here - as a smoker, I've adjusted.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #13
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

(insert long winded rant here)

As the child of a family of smokers.... Mom, Dad(now dead some 13 years. Yeah he died of lung cancer), brother, aunts, uncles, etc... you get the point...

As the child of a family of smokers, one of my earliest memories of my Dad was of me getting down off his lap when he would light up. As a toddler I knew I hated it. I still do.

I'm sick of seeing people toss their butts out the windows of cars. I'm sick of driving through that last huge exhale they blow out the window which then wafts into mine. I'm sick of the stench. That's right. STENCH. It smells like to death to me. I'm sick of having to walk through a ****ing cloud of smoke to get into the door at work, or the door at the grocery store coz all the smokers are outside on the benches.

Don't give me this smokers' rights shit either. 50% of all people who smoke will die from their addiction. 50%!

If ya ask me a smoker should be made to earn their right to smoke. Here's how ya do it. Since half of them will die from it any way. Each smoker one by one is handed a revolver. Half of the chambers have bullets in them and half do not. Spin the cylinder, gun to head and pull the trigger. It's the same damn thing as lighting up day after day. It just doesn't take as long to achieve the same end result.

This is a product that eventually kills half the people that use it. This product is also so addictive that well over 90% of the people who try to quit this product can't. Why isn't this product outlawed? Because the government can make a shitload of money off of these dumbass drug add-icts. (for some reason the word "addi cts" gets censored but shitload doesn't) Also because what will those poor tobacco farmers do otherwise? Oh please...

For you smokers out there who think you're not an addict.... Try quitting. Just wait until you get the shakes, chills, agitated headaches, insomnia etc...

Smokers are a huge DRAIN ON THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM. I believe smokers should have no rights at all to government funded health care. Why should taxpayers bear the burden for your suicidal habit?

Oh and one last thing... For those smokers out there who think well... "I've got years to go before it might start to affect me." Keep telling yourself that. The older sister of a friend died at the age of 24 from lung cancer. She had been smoking for 10 years. She dropped dead 3 months after her initial diagnosis.

I imagine I've pissed off alot of smokers here. I don't care. Just like you don't care when I'm forced to inhale your filth.

(end long winded rant)
Old 06-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #14
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
So is drinking. Don't hear about the government trying to ban that, do you? It didn't work too well the first time they tried.
Depends upon how much and how often...

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritio...e/alcohol.html

I've never once heard a doctor say "Smoking is good for you as long as you don't smoke too much."

EDIT:: Found this article interesting too on the health care front. http://www.newstarget.com/z005340.html
Old 06-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Obesity is a gigantic drain on health care as well - do we ban Mickey D's too?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #16
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Nobody ever got cancer from the smell of second hand french fries
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:45 PM   #17
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
I never thought those existed.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #18
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
(insert long winded rant here)

As the child of a family of smokers.... Mom, Dad(now dead some 13 years. Yeah he died of lung cancer), brother, aunts, uncles, etc... you get the point...

As the child of a family of smokers, one of my earliest memories of my Dad was of me getting down off his lap when he would light up. As a toddler I knew I hated it. I still do.

I'm sick of seeing people toss their butts out the windows of cars. I'm sick of driving through that last huge exhale they blow out the window which then wafts into mine. I'm sick of the stench. That's right. STENCH. It smells like to death to me. I'm sick of having to walk through a ****ing cloud of smoke to get into the door at work, or the door at the grocery store coz all the smokers are outside on the benches.

Don't give me this smokers' rights shit either. 50% of all people who smoke will die from their addiction. 50%!

If ya ask me a smoker should be made to earn their right to smoke. Here's how ya do it. Since half of them will die from it any way. Each smoker one by one is handed a revolver. Half of the chambers have bullets in them and half do not. Spin the cylinder, gun to head and pull the trigger. It's the same damn thing as lighting up day after day. It just doesn't take as long to achieve the same end result.

This is a product that eventually kills half the people that use it. This product is also so addictive that well over 90% of the people who try to quit this product can't. Why isn't this product outlawed? Because the government can make a shitload of money off of these dumbass drug add-icts. (for some reason the word "addi cts" gets censored but shitload doesn't) Also because what will those poor tobacco farmers do otherwise? Oh please...

For you smokers out there who think you're not an addict.... Try quitting. Just wait until you get the shakes, chills, agitated headaches, insomnia etc...

Smokers are a huge DRAIN ON THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM. I believe smokers should have no rights at all to government funded health care. Why should taxpayers bear the burden for your suicidal habit?

Oh and one last thing... For those smokers out there who think well... "I've got years to go before it might start to affect me." Keep telling yourself that. The older sister of a friend died at the age of 24 from lung cancer. She had been smoking for 10 years. She dropped dead 3 months after her initial diagnosis.

I imagine I've pissed off alot of smokers here. I don't care. Just like you don't care when I'm forced to inhale your filth.

(end long winded rant)
That pretty much sums up my main objection to smokers in general
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #19
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012901158.html

Quote:
In addition, results are not consistently reproducible. The majority of studies do not report a statistically significant change in risk from secondhand smoke exposure, some studies show an increase in risk, and, astoundingly, some show a reduction of risk.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #20
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Obesity is a gigantic drain on health care as well - do we ban Mickey D's too?
Works for me.... If it means that my insurance costs will drop then sure. How about we ban cars as well because after all people die using them. Lets ban water too. Every year about 3,200 people drown.

Smoking has not one good redeeming value. What benefit comes from smoking? Your nicotine buzz?