Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 AM   #61
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988
Default Re: CHRIS BENOIT DEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
until the gov't gets involved in it again. then he will be doing some major testing..lol..
For some reason, your government is still on the MLB witch hunt. I think it's time to move on and implement something to covers all businesses, including wrestling. .

What could have been going through Chris's head...still not an excuse IMO though for what he did.

http://www.news1130.com/news/topstor...26_212836_4500

Quote:
Delta woman says wrestler Chris Benoit had a son with Fragile X syndrome

Tuesday, June 26 - 06:28:36 PM
Katharine Kitts

DELTA (NEWS1130) - We may never know the reasons behind Chris Benoit's decision to take the life of his wife, young son and himself. However, a Delta woman, who was in contact with the Canadian wrestler a few years ago, said she might have some insight into the family. Pam Winthrope said Benoit's son had a genetic condition called Fragile X syndrome. Winthrope said she has experienced the condition first hand and knows how it can tear a family apart.

Fragile X syndrome is an inherited mental impairment. Pam's 12-year-old son has the condition and she said in an effort to shed light on the syndrome, her husband called Chris Benoit about five years ago.

She said, "We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in BC and in Canada, we only have a couple of them. My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes and then he said he didn't want to be a public face for Fragile X, he just wanted to keep it really, really quiet."

Winthrope said she couldn't believe the news that Benoit had taken his life along with his wife and 7-year-old son. She added that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. She said, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy --they don't tell you."

Authorities offered no motive for the killings, which were spread out over a weekend, and would not discuss Benoit’s state of mind.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:16 AM   #62
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Im not sure if this was reported on here or not. But I heard on the radio this morning that the sherriffs office found needle marks in his sons arms from HGH and he was always complaining to fellow wrestlers about how small his son was...now that is messed up.

Between the needle marks and putting the Bibles next to his son and wife...Benoit had some serious mental issues that sadly enough were never discovered or worked out.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #63
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i wouldn't believe half the shit the media says right now.. tues morning at 6:30 b4 i went to school to work out for football the media said that he stabbed his wife, a day later stabbed his son and then himself.. then at noonish the same day cnn said that he strangled his wife, smothered his son and then hunged himself in his weight room... and thats the first time i heard that his son had puncture marks on his arm..

also off topic here but uh.. ppl who get big quick doesn't alwasy mean steroids.. ppl just take protein shakes or protein bars which help you rebuild muscle faster..

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #64
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,971 Times in 2,202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz05 View Post
Im not sure if this was reported on here or not. But I heard on the radio this morning that the sherriffs office found needle marks in his sons arms from HGH and he was always complaining to fellow wrestlers about how small his son was...now that is messed up.

Between the needle marks and putting the Bibles next to his son and wife...Benoit had some serious mental issues that sadly enough were never discovered or worked out.
His son was born with 'Fragile X syndrome' and the steroids were prescription. Maybe the roids were the kids.?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #65
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

well unfortunely we will never know what really went on. its very sad when something like this happens no matter if its a professional athlete or your everyday person.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #66
Sith Lord
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 977

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
His son was born with 'Fragile X syndrome' and the steroids were prescription. Maybe the roids were the kids.?

They have nothing to do with each other.
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #67
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

And another one under the age of 50 drops over.....

WWE: Wrestler Brian 'Crush' Adams Found Dead
Monday, August 13, 2007

TAMPA, Fla. — Former pro wrestling champion Brian "Crush" Adams died Monday after he was found unconscious in his home. He was 44.

He showed no visible signs of injury and foul play was not suspected, police spokeswoman Janelle McGregor said. Authorities were awaiting autopsy results from the medical examiner before proceeding with their investigation.

Adams' wife, who was not identified, found her husband not breathing and called 911 about 11 a.m. Fire Rescue workers later pronounced him dead, McGregor said.

Adams, a former world tag team champion, last performed for the World Wrestling Federation in 2001 and served intermittently on the roster beginning in 1990, World Wrestling Entertainment said. WWE spokesman George Cabico had no further comment.

Adams death comes less than two months after pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and son before hanging himself on the cable of a weight machine in his Georgia home. Prescription anabolic steroids were found in the family's home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293152,00.html
Old 08-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #68
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,806 Times in 4,078 Posts

maybe wrestling is a good career choice for pac man jones.

(...now thats just mean)
Old 08-14-2007, 06:09 PM   #69
BlacknGold76
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3810

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
And another one under the age of 50 drops over.....

WWE: Wrestler Brian 'Crush' Adams Found Dead
Monday, August 13, 2007

TAMPA, Fla. ? Former pro wrestling champion Brian "Crush" Adams died Monday after he was found unconscious in his home. He was 44.

He showed no visible signs of injury and foul play was not suspected, police spokeswoman Janelle McGregor said. Authorities were awaiting autopsy results from the medical examiner before proceeding with their investigation.

Adams' wife, who was not identified, found her husband not breathing and called 911 about 11 a.m. Fire Rescue workers later pronounced him dead, McGregor said.

Adams, a former world tag team champion, last performed for the World Wrestling Federation in 2001 and served intermittently on the roster beginning in 1990, World Wrestling Entertainment said. WWE spokesman George Cabico had no further comment.

Adams death comes less than two months after pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and son before hanging himself on the cable of a weight machine in his Georgia home. Prescription anabolic steroids were found in the family's home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293152,00.html

Sad, sad, sad. Until something is done to clean up professional wrestling these sad tragic tales of professional wrestlers dieing before the age of 50 will continue. Needlessly.