Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: nations best backfield
west virginia 4 40.00%
arkansas 4 40.00%
other 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #1
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer
 
ben2hines=6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: charleroi pa
Posts: 206
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation best backfield

i recently got into a debate on who has the best backfield in the nation this year and now im ready to hear everybodys thoughts, i thought it was pretty clear cut who it was but a friend had a different opinion...u have west virginia, arkansas, and other to chose from if u chose other please state who and why
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:04 PM   #2
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer
 
ben2hines=6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: charleroi pa
Posts: 206
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: best backfield

i think the obvious answer is west virginia with steve slaton, owen schmidt, incoming freshman noel devine and u have to count pat white in as well
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: best backfield

Don't forget white to.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter
 
pittsburghp8baller's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Posts: 1,874
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: best backfield

i think its arkansas. mcfadden is the best back in the nation without a doubt. then felix jones, who finised second in the sec in rushing behind guess who- mcfadden, is almost just as good a running back and is one of the best kick returners in the nation.
__________________
pittsburghp8baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner
 
xXTheSteelKingsXx's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,636
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5803
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: best backfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
i think its arkansas. mcfadden is the best back in the nation without a doubt. then felix jones, who finised second in the sec in rushing behind guess who- mcfadden, is almost just as good a running back and is one of the best kick returners in the nation.
I have to agree McFadden is probably the front runner for the Heismen this year and Jones isnt too bad either.
__________________
xXTheSteelKingsXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer
 
ben2hines=6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: charleroi pa
Posts: 206
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: best backfield

well, i still to this day dont see why mcfadden is held above slaton...slatons ypc last year was 7 while mcfaddens was 5.8 and to nagate all those people who bash the big east and say that slaton is just getting his yards on junk teams the big east went 6-0 last year in the bowl games....and slaton broke the sugar bowl rushing record against which was the number 5 rush defense in the nation in georgia his freshamn year....slaton also doubled mcfaddens recieving yards last year.....now i dont want to sound like im dawging mcfadden because he is an exceptional talent as is jones but with pat whites numbers on top of slatons with 1200yrds and the nations best fullback, and devine comming in as the #3 recruit in the nation at rb its hard to go against the mountees
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #7
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,140
Member Number: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: best backfield

Don't forget LSU.

Keiland Williams and Charles Scott are absolute studs. Alley Broussard will be a first-round pick if he recovers from his injuries.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #8
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter
 
pittsburghp8baller's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Posts: 1,874
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: best backfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2hines=6 View Post
well, i still to this day dont see why mcfadden is held above slaton...slatons ypc last year was 7 while mcfaddens was 5.8 and to nagate all those people who bash the big east and say that slaton is just getting his yards on junk teams the big east went 6-0 last year in the bowl games....and slaton broke the sugar bowl rushing record against which was the number 5 rush defense in the nation in georgia his freshamn year....slaton also doubled mcfaddens recieving yards last year.....now i dont want to sound like im dawging mcfadden because he is an exceptional talent as is jones but with pat whites numbers on top of slatons with 1200yrds and the nations best fullback, and devine comming in as the #3 recruit in the nation at rb its hard to go against the mountees
i agree slaton is good but mcfadden is more complete. the offense he is in there is no need for him to catch and there felix jones who is really good out of the backfield. im not saying that he is a system runner but look at the offense they run at WVU, there mcfadden was there he would avg 7 a carry too. mcfadden runs in between the tackles as well as break one deep around the corner. i havent seen much of slaton but i know the offense and the running in between the tackles is prob schmitts' job right? i think there are pretty equal but the fact that you have darren mcfadden, who even lines up at quarterback in their "wildcat" formation just puts arkansas over west virginia. and i think when he is healthy peyton hillis is the best fullback in the nation. its hard to say hes not when you block for two 1,000 yard backs (white and slaton i think both ran for over 1,000 yards but schmitt isnt out there every play.
__________________
pittsburghp8baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #9
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
section514's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: dA bURGH
Posts: 1,331
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1401
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: best backfield

I have to go with WVU as well, they are so fast, how can they be stopped, WVU/PSU in title game? ground vs. the Air attack. I hope so
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #10
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer
 
ben2hines=6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: charleroi pa
Posts: 206
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: best backfield

Quote:
i agree slaton is good but mcfadden is more complete. the offense he is in there is no need for him to catch and there felix jones who is really good out of the backfield. im not saying that he is a system runner but look at the offense they run at WVU, there mcfadden was there he would avg 7 a carry too. mcfadden runs in between the tackles as well as break one deep around the corner. i havent seen much of slaton but i know the offense and the running in between the tackles is prob schmitts' job right? i think there are pretty equal but the fact that you have darren mcfadden, who even lines up at quarterback in their "wildcat" formation just puts arkansas over west virginia. and i think when he is healthy peyton hillis is the best fullback in the nation. its hard to say hes not when you block for two 1,000 yard backs (white and slaton i think both ran for over 1,000 yards but schmitt isnt out there every play.
all slaton really does is run between the tackles, if u look under youtube and look up steve slaton u can see the highlights of him going between the tackles and then juking the saftey (hense georgia).......but yes mcfadden is indeed a stud and we will all see who comes out with that rb of the year trophy
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts