Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #51
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,922 Times in 4,520 Posts
Default Re: Busted!! #24, 48 fail inspection at Sonoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Wait just one second. Are you aligning yourself with them? But aren't they the same "Evil Empire" that are in bed with Chevy? Is there a vast Chevy conspiracy or not? Aren't the same people you're now aligning yourself with involved? And did you REALLY suggest, even remotely, that all the fans on their millions of websites are all crazy and wrong because they...

Never mind.
are you even remotely suggesting i am wrong because i havent bought into your opinion (that you have forgone providing any "empirical evidence" for)?

im not "aligning" myself with anybody. you just complimented me for knowing what was going on within NASCAR. (i dont follow this stuff for my health.)

infact, i would say they are aligning themselves with my point of view. after all they (the rules setters) are the ones who have said this type of behavior is no longer gonna be tollerated by anyone, anymore.

i have provided you with plenty of links and quotes from the aformentionned, even ones from team hendric basically stating "gee, we used to always get away with this in the past"

i have given you points of view from crewcheifs, competitors, owners, and the rules setters/ governing bodies, and commentators.

you come back with 104,000,000 random unnamed "websites"

good luck with that.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:22 AM   #52
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

LOL. This is really good stuff. I'm 100% wrong and you're 100% right, even though you're the one arguing for a conspiracy that can't actually exist, because it would destroy the sport. Gotcha.

By the way, last night's top 5:
Ford
Chevy
Dodge
Ford
Chevy
Old 07-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #53
revefsreleets
Living Legend

By the way, anybody who hates Jeff Gordon should watch "Jeff Gordon 24X24" on TNT. Should clear up a lot of obvious ignorance about him.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #54
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
By the way, anybody who hates Jeff Gordon should watch "Jeff Gordon 24X24" on TNT. Should clear up a lot of obvious ignorance about him.
wow. hate is such a strong word.

perhaps all the girls who think gordon is "dreamy" and all the guys who have an obvious mancrush on gordon should watch that. since poor jeffy is so "hated" i'll just wait to buy the series on DVD so i can help him out financially. thanks though...

you were the only one who brought conspiracy theory into this conversation (it is really just a catchphrase gordon apologists love to use any time he or hendrick gets critisizm all the times they are busted cheating.

no weekend was a better example of this "conspiracy" though. didnt you see the cropdusters flying around the daytona speedway that nascar hired to seed the clouds on fridays qualifying after gordon turned in a horrible effort?

this wise investment by nascar wiped out all the poor teams great qualifying effort and gave gordon the pole in race set up, on an impound race.

and how bout nascar ordering the 4 biggest chevy challengers to gordons greatness being taken out (harvick, stewart, hamlin and jr.)?

yes, the road was paved, yet not even nascar is perfect. (take note of the sarcastic smilies)

all "hate" and bickering aside, without the microsecond measurement of all races since 93 thats gotta be the closest finish ive ever seen. excellent race and finish. very ironic that mcmurray won it in kutr busch's old ride with rusty wallaces final crew cheif.

and youre right. i wont be sending any x-mas cards to stewart. do you? not because hes a good driver but because he's the biggest prick in the garage and last nights blasting of his teammate cemented him as the biggest ******* (not that it needed cementing).

i cant wait to hear all the chevy and steart apologists defend him on this one. the wreck that happened last night was the EXACT same as the wreck that happened between him and kurt busch in the daytona 500. even though the roles were reversed its funny how stewart is never in the wrong on either cases. in fact, stewart never thinks he made a mistake in his life even though he was more wreckless than j. pablo montoya well beyond his rookie season in nascar.

sure, call me a "hater", but stewart is obviously sour that hamlin has been doing better than him and was in the chase last year while stewart was on the outside looking in.

he has nothing to complain about though. nascar made a consession and changed the rules of the chase to show him that if he ever finishes 11th again, he too, will make the chase.

go figure. the squeaky wheel gets the grease. more proof that nascar knows where its bread is buttered. (God forbid gordon and jr. ever miss the chase again in the same season)
Old 07-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #55
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Gotta agree about Stewart. He wrecks his teammate then blames it on the guy he wrecked. Classic! Not sure what the manufacturer has to do it with it, but that's not my territory anyway.

As for the Chase expansion, they were never sure where the line should be drawn, and, yes, the two biggest stars of the sport being left out had an impact. But didn't the NFL make room for Wild Cards? The MLB? The NBA lets half of it's teams in the playoffs and I swear the NHL lets ALL it's teams in. In proper context, NASCAR probably, even after expanding the field, has the smallest ratio of participants/playoffs in any sport, if you consider they have about 50 entries a week now.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #56
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Gotta agree about Stewart. He wrecks his teammate then blames it on the guy he wrecked. Classic! Not sure what the manufacturer has to do it with it, but that's not my territory anyway..
as a fellow nascar fan its good to see we can find some common ground to agree upon . stewart has all the skills in the world but he is still showing the same immaturity and lack of accountability he showed as a rookie. he is a comlete ass. but he is good for nascar.

for what its worth i really only came close to "hating" one driver. seconds after i heard he was dead, i realized i didnt "hate" him, but he was the great rival many "loved" to root against. i didnt really need him to die to know what he meant to the sport but i never really appreciated him until my driver no longer had that weekend rival out there to race against. (rusty wallace admittedly was never the same after that)

Quote:
As for the Chase expansion, they were never sure where the line should be drawn, and, yes, the two biggest stars of the sport being left out had an impact. But didn't the NFL make room for Wild Cards? The MLB? The NBA lets half of it's teams in the playoffs and I swear the NHL lets ALL it's teams in. In proper context, NASCAR probably, even after expanding the field, has the smallest ratio of participants/playoffs in any sport, if you consider they have about 50 entries a week now.
excellent points. nascar definitely is the most exclusive in its "playoff " format. ultimately, i like the chase in any configuration. while it may be bad for individual drivers and their accolades, it is better for the fans. what is better for the fans is ultimately what is better for gordon even though he lost what woulda been a 5th champ the 1st year that busch won it.

as a fan, i wouild definitely lose a bit of interest if it was like the last 2 busch series champs where harvick and edwards pretty much have it sewn up midway through the season (not to say that would keep me from watching though)
Old 07-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #57
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Not to start a lovefest, but I felt almost exactly the same way about Earnhardt.

I also couldn't understand what Tony Stewart was talking about in the fallout after the race. He was going around saying that his teammate was trying to wreck him in practice? That's crazy talk.