Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-10-2007, 07:57 PM   #11
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106
Default Re: Oh, the irony!

While the Italians weren't as oppressed on as large as a level here. I often take "WOP" or "Dego" in stride. No "our word" BS.

The mannerisms of the Italians are funny. I do talk with my hands and I love a slice of pizza or a bowl of gnocchi. The NAACP has created their own monster so they can slay it and be the hero in the end...

That was probably a little harsh... Sorry if its taken that way, but the ENTIRE world needs to lighten up just a bit...
Old 07-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #12
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
While the Italians weren't as oppressed on as large as a level here. I often take "WOP" or "Dego" in stride. No "our word" BS.

The mannerisms of the Italians are funny. I do talk with my hands and I love a slice of pizza or a bowl of gnocchi. The NAACP has created their own monster so they can slay it and be the hero in the end...

That was probably a little harsh... Sorry if its taken that way, but the ENTIRE world needs to lighten up just a bit...

You'd be suprised how many people wouldn't "take these words the wrong way",...but would instead admit the worth of whatever truth lies within them.

And at then make the concious decision to say "F##k you" just based simply upon the person that your are without it being predicated upon your ethnic background at all.

Was that ,......."light enough" ? LMAO
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,865 Times in 2,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I wasn't taking a swipe at the NAACP or black people with that question. It's a FACT that that word is offensive to blacks, so why is it still in the organization's name? Valid question. I hate bigotry myself - who doesn't?
i think it was my attempt at humor (and an obvious swipe of the bigotry of don imus) that was taken offensively.

however there was a method to my madness that wasnt intended to offend anybody. my post pointed out the irony that even if the NAACP replaced "Colored" with the politically correct term of "Afro American" the acronym would then become NAAAAP. i think this would be just as counter productive as still using the term "colored". again, my intent wasnt to offend anybody.

but then again, im one who finds chris rocks, jim carreys, eddie murphys, and richard pryors, sense of humour hilarious so what do i know?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #14
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i think it was my attempt at humor (and an obvious swipe of the bigotry of don imus) that was taken offensively.

however there was a method to my madness that wasnt intended to offend anybody. my post pointed out the irony that even if the NAACP replaced "Colored" with the politically correct term of "Afro American" the acronym would then become NAAAAP. i think this would be just as counter productive as still using the term "colored". again, my intent wasnt to offend anybody.

but then again, im one who finds chris rocks, jim carreys, eddie murphys, and richard pryors, sense of humour hilarious so what do i know?

Tone,...as you are obviously refering to me. Let me state for the record that nothing you posted within this thread has anything do do at all with me having any particular grievance.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:47 PM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
No Tony, it's pretty obvious who that was intended for, since I was directly quoted in the post.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #16
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

They specifically stated that nobody--black or white--should use the word.

As far as the "C", isn't it kind of silly to suggest that they change their name every 10 years to keep up with political correctness?
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
As far as the "C", isn't it kind of silly to suggest that they change their name every 10 years to keep up with political correctness?
Good point, Godfather. However, isn't political correctness itself rooted in silliness?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #18
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Good point, Godfather. However, isn't political correctness itself rooted in silliness?
anything with the word "politic" in it ,is guaranteed nonsence...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,164 Posts

[QUOTE=tony hipchest;263859]i think it was my attempt at humor (and an obvious swipe of the bigotry of don imus) that was taken offensively.

but then again, im one who finds chris rocks, jim carreys, eddie murphys, and richard pryors, sense of humour hilarious so what do i know?[/QUOTE]
no love for george carlin???

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #20
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274

I'm sorry guys but I've always found the *n* word disgusting, to hear or heck to even see. I'd love it if I never ever saw or heard it again.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote