Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 721
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1403
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Pittsburgh ESPN Radio Personality Faces Child Porn Charges

Moderator -- I wasn't sure where to put this posting, hope this is the right topic...
************************************************** *******************************************

Local ESPN radio personality faces child porn charges

By Paula Reed Ward, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A local on-air ESPN radio employee was indicted on child pornography charges last week in federal court.

The indictment, which was unsealed today, charges John Duffy, 46, of Carnegie, with possessing computer images and videos of children engaged in explicit sexual conduct on May 16.

He was arraigned this morning before U.S. District Magistrate Judge Amy Reynolds Hay.

Mr. Duffy is a weekend news anchor and previously worked with ESPN national radio as a local correspondent.

He also has worked in the past as the Pitt basketball pressbox announcer, doing pressbox work at Steelers home game and public address occasionally for the Penguins.

Mr. Duffy also previously did the broadcast of the WPIAL football championships. He was released on a $50,000 unsecured bond.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07204/803797-100.stm
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pittsburgh ESPN Radio Personality Faces Child Porn Charges

Never heard of the guy, although it's too bad it wasn't Madden.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pittsburgh ESPN Radio Personality Faces Child Porn Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Never heard of the guy, although it's too bad it wasn't Madden.
83 when I saw this thread I too was hoping it was Mark Madden....I hate that guy....I hate him more then Peyton Manning....You all know how I feel about Golden Boy.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 721
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1403
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pittsburgh ESPN Radio Personality Faces Child Porn Charges

LOL, that's SO funny....when I saw the headline at the P-G, my one and only thought was, please sports gods, let it be Madden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know this guy either, but it won't matter anyway since he is almost certainly GONE as of this morning.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:15 PM   #5
Edman
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,764
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3261
Thanks: 203
Thanked 591 Times in 281 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Pittsburgh ESPN Radio Personality Faces Child Porn Charges

Disappointing. I was hoping it was that POS fat*** Madden.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Pittsburgh ESPN Radio Personality Faces Child Porn Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post
Moderator -- I wasn't sure where to put this posting, hope this is the right topic...
************************************************** *******************************************

Local ESPN radio personality faces child porn charges

By Paula Reed Ward, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A local on-air ESPN radio employee was indicted on child pornography charges last week in federal court.

The indictment, which was unsealed today, charges John Duffy, 46, of Carnegie, with possessing computer images and videos of children engaged in explicit sexual conduct on May 16.

He was arraigned this morning before U.S. District Magistrate Judge Amy Reynolds Hay.

Mr. Duffy is a weekend news anchor and previously worked with ESPN national radio as a local correspondent.

He also has worked in the past as the Pitt basketball pressbox announcer, doing pressbox work at Steelers home game and public address occasionally for the Penguins.

Mr. Duffy also previously did the broadcast of the WPIAL football championships. He was released on a $50,000 unsecured bond.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07204/803797-100.stm
going to the Locker Room. Don't worry, we can move it.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:25 AM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Pittsburgh ESPN Radio Personality Faces Child Porn Charges

Wow.

What a shame.

I will lay you all 10 to 1 that it will come out, he too was sexually abused as a child. I will almost guarantee it.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #8
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Pittsburgh ESPN Radio Personality Faces Child Porn Charges

Those guys from Pittsburgh sure do love their porn, don't they?
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:05 PM   #9
The Duke
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,459
Gender: Male
Member Number: 4800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pittsburgh ESPN Radio Personality Faces Child Porn Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Those guys from Pittsburgh sure do love their porn, don't they?
Those guys in Cincinnati sure do like their prison don't they? Sorry, I just had to say it. I'm just messing with ya
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #10
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Pittsburgh ESPN Radio Personality Faces Child Porn Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Those guys from Pittsburgh sure do love their porn, don't they?

CS...

I know you were just kidding around... but when it comes to Child Porn... I can't see any humor in any comments about it..
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts