Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-07-2007, 02:52 AM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: planning a summer trip to pittsburgh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
he was the youngest of 5, and i was the oldest of 3. he was like the older brother i never had and i know i was like the younger brother he never had.

he was always the "black sheep" and troublemaker. we always had a bond

my 1st trip to pittsburgh that i can remember was for his high school graduation when i was 3 years old. although i only spent 3 summers up there with him around, the last 2 i was an adult. we partied and hung out and it was like we grew up together, yet it was like we were both kids. he told me i was more like a brother than my dad and other uncles.

its not really known if he died from suicide or accidental overdose, but in my heart i feel it was accidental. i didnt get to go to his funeral, and although ive only been to 2 in my life, i know this one will be the toughest. although i wish i didnt have to do it, i know its the 1st thing im gonna want to do.

i dont know if its wierd to want my daughter to witness my pain. although she knows of death, i think this will help her understand it and show her how valuable life is. other than that its a beautiful cemetary and a 10 minute walk from 'home'. i always walked through there even though i had no one else to visit. this time i will also have my great grandmother 'bubka' to see.

on a lighter note i just spoke to my uncle picking us up at the airport. since it will be around dinner time, 5 minutes after driving through the fort pitt tunnel we will be at Primantis!
Sounds like you guys were real close - some people just hit it off right away even in a limited amount of time together.

I hope you get the closure you are looking for regarding his untimely death.

I also don't think its a bad thing to let your daughter to see you upset - some people shield their kids from natural emotions too much.

Have a great time , man.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:18 AM   #12
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

Nice maybe if you get some tickets to the pirates games that would be fun

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:41 AM   #13
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
i would love that and try to work it in. personally id like to get back to "Churchworks" in lawrenceville. "Gators" (i think its in lawrenceville) is cool too. of course i like the strip, although last time there i witnessed a double drive by murder about 20 feet away (banana joes), and was diving in a doorway, dodging bullets. i guess shit happens at closing time. i know what j. porter feels like minus the lead in my ass.

i just called my dad and had him order me tickets to the BB game. anyone got any insight on outfield 139D 11,12,13?
I used to live 2 doors down from the Church Brew Works, which is in Lawrenceville, and just down the road from Gators, which is in Bloomfield. I never went to either place, but I've heard both are nice places to go. The Strip is nice, and they have done a lot of redevelopment on the eastern end of the area (I was just over there yesterday, in fact)...as for the crime, I haven't heard about any major incidents over there in the past couple of years, so maybe they've cleaned it up a bit. As for the Pirates tickets, section 139 is the first section in center field and they're pretty good seats - not far above field level. Hopefully by then they won't be 20 games under .500 and not worth watching LOL...
Old 06-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
As for the Pirates tickets, section 139 is the first section in center field and they're pretty good seats - not far above field level. Hopefully by then they won't be 20 games under .500 and not worth watching LOL...
thanks. i got a chance to look at a seating chart and saw theyre pretty much right behind the pitcher. im assuming D is the 4th row up and i think griffey jr. still plays center so i will have to think of some good heckles. i was hoping most the seats would be empty so i could possibly shag a hr ball but they seem pretty packed.

that will be great if the pirates are only 20 games out of .500. i'll have a little extra something to root for! it will definitely be the closest seat ive ever had to the field, even though i hear every seat seems close to the field. last time i went was the final year at 3 rivers, exactly behind home plate but on the 6th level (red?). it was actually pretty cool up there.

has anyone been to the museum lately? i checked their website to see what exhibits they had and was extremely disappointed to see dinosaur hall is taken down and under complete renovation. is even the allosaurus in the entrance still up? my little girl is so pumped to see them. i guess dippy out front will have to do. from what i read the new exhibit open in november will be the finest in the world.

in the name of not being selfish i turned down the suggestion we make a day trip to the pro football hall of fame. i couldnt handle not going that close to the game or the inductions anyways.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #15
tony hipchest

i cant believe i am gonna be so close to camp tomorrow and the hall of fame game, and with minimal internet access or tv watching time i am gonna be more out of touch with steelers happenings than i am now, thousands of miles away..

but atleast i get to see those buccos (i may have to join the walk out after the 3rd inning).

so as a social experiment i was thinking of taking my throwback oilers steve mcnair jersey to wear to kennywood or something. good idea?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:47 PM   #16
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Hey Tony...

When you go to the gravesite...

Make sure your daughter is right next to you... seeing you cry.

explain your love for him... and how it is ok to cry when you miss them...

Seems like you already know that though...

God bless... I will be praying for you.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Hey Tony...

When you go to the gravesite...

Make sure your daughter is right next to you... seeing you cry.

explain your love for him... and how it is ok to cry when you miss them...

Seems like you already know that though...

God bless... I will be praying for you.
i was gonna tell her i cried because i abused alcohol by pooring out a brew but thats a good idea too!

i just gotta figure out what to tell her when i cry after seeing the pirates play
Old 07-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #18
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,273 Times in 1,398 Posts

hiphugger !!!!... that just sounds sooooo wrong.... have a great trip dude !!! bring us back some pics

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #19
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
hiphugger !!!!... that just sounds sooooo wrong.... have a great trip dude !!! bring us back some pics
thanks. i have a bad habbit of taking a million pictures like a typical tourist. i'll be posting some for sure.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #20
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
i was gonna tell her i cried because i abused alcohol by pooring out a brew but thats a good idea too!

i just gotta figure out what to tell her when i cry after seeing the pirates play

Just tell her that there are all types of pain in the world!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote