Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Training Camp

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-27-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482
Default Observation from Training Camp

Well now. I havnt been able to make the treck to Latrobe this year with various things going on. Although one very good friend of mine was there yesterday. And I was talking to him about it. He had some good things to say:

-Ben is looking very sharp
-The WR's are looking good
-The Defense is looking like they want to knock someone out
-Tomlin take no crap from anybody and they players know who is in charge

I asked him about the rookies and he said he didnt get to see Timmons but he did say Woodley looks like a beast out there and Sepulvada looks good as well. He also said he can tell a change in attitude this year as opposed to last year. He said this year it looks like they are hungry again. Which can only be a good thing!

All and all he said they team looks great and Tomlin looks like he has run camps in the past. He is sharp and in charg

I just wanted to let everyone know what I heard and hope the info is pleasing
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Observation from Training Camp

Thanks for the report Buzz - sounds great! I so badly want this team to come out this year, kick ass and take names and take no prisoners and shut all the naysayers and haters up.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Good to see everyone is hungry, that reflects on the field, and when the steelers are hungry on the field they are going to kill somebody out there. Watch out Clowns
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:39 AM   #4
Mistah_Q
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5514

I've read that Gary Russell has looked good both blocking and running. This excites me.

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw
Mistah_Q is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I like the fact that the team seems hungry.I know nobody is happy about last season.

Tomlin is doing what he needs to do,and that is take charge.Can someone say NFL Coach of the Year?

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #6
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz05 View Post
Well now. I havnt been able to make the treck to Latrobe this year with various things going on. Although one very good friend of mine was there yesterday. And I was talking to him about it. He had some good things to say:

I asked him about the rookies and he said he didnt get to see Timmons but he did say Woodley looks like a beast out there and Sepulvada looks good as well. He also said he can tell a change in attitude this year as opposed to last year. He said this year it looks like they are hungry again. Which can only be a good thing!

All and all he said they team looks great and Tomlin looks like he has run camps in the past. He is sharp and in charg

Thanks for sharing....

I think the attitude that Willie Colon and Anthony Smith have is going to be huge for this year.......Colon has that pit bull mentality that will make the OLine nasty again.......Especially with the soft and teddy bear Max Starks out of there....

With Smith he will place fear into WR's this year.....especially his own team mates............I know Chris Hope could hit and Clark can hit...But Smith is a big time hitter and I think WR's across the NFL might start to have that in the back of their mind when they have to face Smith......
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz05 View Post

That all sounds great. I'm hoping I can get back to Latrobe this year my dad and I when to tha 1st practice all we saw was Ben and some others riding a bike and streching. Not very exciting.
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:59 PM   #8
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Buzz...

Thanks for sharing.

I am glad to hear about that... especially Ben and our receivers!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:05 AM   #9
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

Was there today! They looked very sharp for 1 week into it, Players seemed happy and upbeat as well. They practiced well today, except for the little arguments and complaints. Tell ya what I noticed.....FIRE in there eyes! Something that was definetely not there last year at this time. Its like a new franchise team and everybody trying to make it on the final roster. Very impressed and I've been going to camp for many years.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #10
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesteel4life View Post
Was there today! They looked very sharp for 1 week into it, Players seemed happy and upbeat as well. They practiced well today, except for the little arguments and complaints. Tell ya what I noticed.....FIRE in there eyes! Something that was definetely not there last year at this time. Its like a new franchise team and everybody trying to make it on the final roster. Very impressed and I've been going to camp for many years.
That's awesome, hopefully they all continue like that into the season
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote