Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-03-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283
Default Game Day Rituals & Habits

As I was posting about DirecTV, down below, I couldn't help but think of all the reasons I enjoy watching Steelers games, and my crazy antics & rituals/beliefs I have that may, somehow, effect the game. I know it may sound crazy to you academics, but these are things that I really enjoy when I watch the game. I played Linebacker in high school, and am a former World Champion Athlete & Strength Coach. Rituals are a part of the journey & experience that I enjoy the most, next to winning.

Watching a Steelers game is a necessity in my life! Just like eating & drinking, I require it to survive! I love to scream, cuss, jump out of my seat and point my finger at opposing teams when they get crushed, talk more shit when they show the other teams' coach, (I yell directly at them as though they could hear me) have to lean forward when we are on offense, have to sit back when we are on D, have to stand-up when we are in goal-line O or D, can only eat before or during half because I don't want food in my mouth when I'm yelling, have to have all flags-Terrible Towels-Banners-and Fat Head in the room on game day, and must be wearing my #69 Black Authentic. If you come to my house to watch a game you better be a Steelers fan! Hell, even my car is black!

Anyone else?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #2
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902
Default Re: Game Day Rituals & Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerstrength View Post
As I was posting about DirecTV, down below, I couldn't help but think of all the reasons I enjoy watching Steelers games, and my crazy antics & rituals/beliefs I have that may, somehow, effect the game. I know it may sound crazy to you academics, but these are things that I really enjoy when I watch the game. I played Linebacker in high school, and am a former World Champion Athlete & Strength Coach. Rituals are a part of the journey & experience that I enjoy the most, next to winning.

Watching a Steelers game is a necessity in my life! Just like eating & drinking, I require it to survive! I love to scream, cuss, jump out of my seat and point my finger at opposing teams when they get crushed, talk more shit when they show the other teams' coach, (I yell directly at them as though they could hear me) have to lean forward when we are on offense, have to sit back when we are on D, have to stand-up when we are in goal-line O or D, can only eat before or during half because I don't want food in my mouth when I'm yelling, have to have all flags-Terrible Towels-Banners-and Fat Head in the room on game day, and must be wearing my #69 Black Authentic. If you come to my house to watch a game you better be a Steelers fan! Hell, even my car is black!

Anyone else?

You pretty much just summed up a typical sunday in my house from sep to feb. My biggest thing is I can't drink a beer before the game starts unless it's a monday night game or I'm actually at the game or they lose. It has happened every time I drink a beer before kickoff. I know my wife thinks I'm retarded, but I have not drank a beer before a 1:00 or 4:00 game in about 3 years now.
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog View Post
You pretty much just summed up a typical sunday in my house from sep to feb. My biggest thing is I can't drink a beer before the game starts unless it's a monday night game or I'm actually at the game or they lose. It has happened every time I drink a beer before kickoff. I know my wife thinks I'm retarded, but I have not drank a beer before a 1:00 or 4:00 game in about 3 years now.
LOL... If they go on strike.... Your in serious trouble!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #4
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog View Post
Well then, no beer for you prior to a game!!! Keep the superstitions alive!

Whatever it takes! (after)
Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #5
TommyG
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6069

Got to have the terrible towel on the right side of the chair for easy access. I twirl that thing like a SOB after every good play. I have my Original, Super Bowl and Heinz Inaugural Season version to use as the play dictates. Got to make the queso each Sunday morning. Bud light or The Beast in a can, chilled. (Glad I moved from the west coast. Just weird eating queso and drinking beer at 10am for the early game.) Use to have to empty the tank and refill the plate during commercials but the DVR solved that problem.

New ones for this season:
I am going to start the new tradition this year of having the printed schedule up on the wall and writing in the scores after each game.
Building new corn-hole boards to play during pre-game. This should enhance the viewing experience as more beer will be consumed.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

I probably should keep mine private. Sometimes, they don't work If I tell.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #7
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274

I wear my Ben home jersey the first half of the game if their home, I wear my Heath home jersey the second half if their home, same if their way I wear the away jerseys. I always eat the same thing during game day and I have on all my Steeler jewlery I can wear.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:08 PM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,813 Times in 2,157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I probably should keep mine private. Sometimes, they don't work If I tell.
Thats what I was thinkin in my case too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
rabidfrodo
Water Boy

Member Number: 2820

Not really a superstition but every time the Steelers need a turnover on D me and my dad start chanting "turnover time" under out breath. I kept hearing him do it at games so know I do it it's unconscious sometimes I just start saying it. When I watched the Super Bowl with friends only one was a Steelers fan kept giving me weird looks when I did this. It works a lot though so thats my ritual sort of. Also I always need a Terrible Towel if I don't have one A: I have trouble watching the game period and B: I swear they loose because I'm not waving the towel.

Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it.
Chuck Noll
rabidfrodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #10
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Thats what I was thinkin in my case too.
It's a good thing to do. I don't like to spill them until they fail.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote