Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #11
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Al Sharpton...Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Why is it black people's fault? I don't recall them electing him as a spokesman...it's white journalists who give that moron airtime/
Let me get this straight? It's white peoples fault that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are for all intents and purposes the most visible spokespeople for the black community? White people are at fault again?

As for the Presidential elections, Al ran in the primaries and conceded. He did, however, garner 32% of the vote when he ran in the NYC mayoral primaries and almost forced a runoff vote.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Man, I never thought I'd see this happen. lol.
I calls it as I sees it. He's as racist as they come and points that crooked hypocritical finger at others.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #13
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I calls it as I sees it. He's as racist as they come and points that crooked hypocritical finger at others.
Well Said.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #14
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post

Yep.. Race pimps are race pimps... regardless of the color of their skin.

Put a white hood on him, change his skin color to white, and he would fit right in with the clan.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #15
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Let me get this straight? It's white peoples fault that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are for all intents and purposes the most visible spokespeople for the black community? White people are at fault again?
No, the media's at fault. ":Spokesman for black people" is not an elected position, or even an official position. Jesse and Al are themost prominent "spokespeople" because the media gives them the most airtime, peiod. And the media isn't exactly a black-dominated institution, is it?

Fred Phelps and Pat Robertson are two of the most prominent Christian "spokespeople". Should Christians be blamed for that? Or does that standard only apply to black people?

[quoet]
As for the Presidential elections, Al ran in the primaries and conceded. He did, however, garner 32% of the vote when he ran in the NYC mayoral primaries and almost forced a runoff vote.[/quote]

David Duke did better than that when he ran for governor of Louisiana, and unlike Al Sharpton, Duke has held elective office. Are white people collectively responsible for that? Or does that standard still noly apply to black people?
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #16
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

You may call me inhumane...

But the world will rejoice the day Mr.Sharpton dies. I know I will. That's one less media-***** hypocrite we have to hear from. I feel for the Duke Lacrosse Players. Their entire lives were ruined because of this A-Hole.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
No, the media's at fault. ":Spokesman for black people" is not an elected position, or even an official position. Jesse and Al are themost prominent "spokespeople" because the media gives them the most airtime, peiod. And the media isn't exactly a black-dominated institution, is it?

Fred Phelps and Pat Robertson are two of the most prominent Christian "spokespeople". Should Christians be blamed for that? Or does that standard only apply to black people?

Quote:
As for the Presidential elections, Al ran in the primaries and conceded. He did, however, garner 32% of the vote when he ran in the NYC mayoral primaries and almost forced a runoff vote.
David Duke did better than that when he ran for governor of Louisiana, and unlike Al Sharpton, Duke has held elective office. Are white people collectively responsible for that? Or does that standard still noly apply to black people?
Yes, Christians should be blamed for Phelps and Robertson. Those two gain their political clout from strong Religious Right backing, which they neither deny nor hide from. Quite frankly, I'd say that's a pretty apt comparison, though. What, exactly, do Al and Jesse do? How do they get financed? It certainly isn't through the white media.

Duke is not an apt comparison, because he's white and is of the majority. It takes a much smaller (percentage wise) mobilized and galvanized voter bloc amongst a majority to get elected, especially in an overall population of apathetic and indifferent voters.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:08 PM   #18
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I feel for the Duke Lacrosse Players. Their entire lives were ruined because of this A-Hole.
I know what you mean. Sharpton is angree at the media and public for accusing Michael Vick before he has gone to court, yet he did the exact same thing to the Duke Lacrosse players.He tried to convince all of us that they where guilty before they even saw a judge. The mans a hypocrite and a racist.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #19
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Yep.. Race pimps are race pimps... regardless of the color of their skin.

Put a white hood on him, change his skin color to white, and he would fit right in with the clan.
Thank you for saying what I was thinking.

I can tolerate Jesse Jackson (but not in large doses) because I believe he truly loves the Lord and believes he is doing "His" work, though he is somewhat racist and a hypocrite. I don't believe the same pertains to Sharpton - he only loves HIMSELF. If he could successfully eliminate the white race, he'd do it in the blink of an eye.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #20
Maidenarcher
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2474

Quote:

This is so funny and I know it shouldn't be.......Because this is exactly the kind of BS that all of these so-called spokes people are trying to stir up....They want everything to be up in chaos and everyone pointing the finger at each other, their race, religion, or political preference....Whatever happened to just respecting the fact and agreeing that it is okay to have different opinions.
However, I will say that if certain races don't want their spokespeople to have the power to speak for them, then they should stand up publicly to denounce them..................

And, just a quite note about David Duke.........Isn't it crazy that a man like that would ever be voted into office.....I definitely cannot condone that......But then again, have you ever lived in Louisiana? ( I am sure it can't be too much different than Miss.) There is a lot of hate here and a lot is based on color, but there is more that is based on attitude and actions.....There is a lot of that here and it makes people prejudice...People get tired of that kind of crap and they go to the extreme..........Didn't say it was right, but it is a fact...................I have lived a lot of places and Louisiana is my home, but I certainly ain't bragging about it....It is certainly arse backwards and there are a lot of people who are scared of the thug element here................Louisiana is also almost at the bottom of every good national list and at the top of every bad list...EX: Top in welfare and bottom of education.

Last edited by fansince'76; 08-06-2007 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Fixed quoted post for poster.
Maidenarcher is offline   Reply With Quote