Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #11
TommyG
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6069
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
I don't see a problem with those comments. You just need to learn how to handle them.

How many wives have you gone through with those lines.....I just count myself lucky that my wife understands and enjoys watching football.....We go to the Steelers gams together and I can talk football with her.

Anyway, if you have the cooler at your feet with the iced beer, knowone has to leave the room.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #12
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
I watch the Steelers games a lot with my wife and sister-in-law(Who I converted to a Steelers fan last year). I hear things during the games that I don't normally hear while watching the game with the guys or at the sports pub. Quotes from tonights game:

1) That Mike Tomlin is hot.

2) That Tomlin is like an older Omar Epps...And he speaks well too....

3) Ben has really lost some weight...He looks cute again...sort of

I enjoy watching the game with them because they truly get that Steeler football is special, and the organization is one of the best in the league. But.....I am going to have to write up a list of things that cannot be uttered during a game....And calling anyone on the field hot, is going to be #1.

Anyone else had similar experiences watching games in mixed company.

OK---first of all he DOES look like Omar Epps (from "House")---my husband was the first to point that out to me.

Second---if you make the rule it should go both ways---if they can't say Tomlin and Ben are hot then you can't say any cheerleader on the opposing team (or woman in a beer commercial) is hot.

Trust me, many of my guy -friends and family members have learned a thing or two about football watching the game with my sister and I----so you can't make a blanket statement about all "mixed company."

I'm glad your watching with them though---If you overlook the "hot" comments and take time to teach them about the game you may find by the end of the season they're able "talk" football with anyone.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #13
TommyG
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
OK---first of all he DOES look like Omar Epps (from "House")---my husband was the first to point that out to me.

Second---if you make the rule it should go both ways---if they can't say Tomlin and Ben are hot then you can't say any cheerleader on the opposing team (or woman in a beer commercial) is hot.

Trust me, many of my guy -friends and family members have learned a thing or two about football watching the game with my sister and I----so you can't make a blanket statement about all "mixed company."

I'm glad your watching with them though---If you overlook the "hot" comments and take time to teach them about the game you may find by the end of the season they're able "talk" football with anyone.
Well it looked like they had the third string Saint Cheerleaders at the game last night....Dame you HDtv.

I guess I don't watch much women sports with the guys, so I don't hear that stuff while watching a game.

I have been through two seasons now with my wife and sister-in-law wtching every Steeler game and it does make a difference. They have gotten all their questions answered and it makes the games more enjoyable to watch for everyone.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #14
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Quote:
Well it looked like they had the third string Saint Cheerleaders at the game last night....Dame you HDtv.

I guess I don't watch much women sports with the guys, so I don't hear that stuff while watching a game.

I have been through two seasons now with my wife and sister-in-law wtching every Steeler game and it does make a difference. They have gotten all their questions answered and it makes the games more enjoyable to watch for everyone.
LOL. good for you!
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #15
LarryNJ
Starter

Member Number: 2857

Quote:
How many wives have you gone through with those lines...
I've only been married 1 time for 21 years. So obviously I don't use those lines. It's just a fantasy of mine!
Old 08-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #16
Pittsburghfan
Banned

Member Number: 5129

All I hear is. Oh Boy that Sepulvada(sp?) is a CUTIE!. Wow.
Pittsburghfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #17
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274

Now wait just a second. Just because us women make comments about certain players being "cute/hot/sexy" whatever doesnt mean we dont know whats going on in the game. Give us more credit than that. We're women of course we're going to notice the cute players LoL its part of our nature but that doesnt mean that we're watching the game just because of the "hot" players.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #18
TommyG
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMillerGrrl83 View Post
Now wait just a second. Just because us women make comments about certain players being "cute/hot/sexy" whatever doesnt mean we dont know whats going on in the game. Give us more credit than that. We're women of course we're going to notice the cute players LoL its part of our nature but that doesnt mean that we're watching the game just because of the "hot" players.
So do you have a problem with guys commenting as well? Is there a double standard that it is ok for the ladies to comment about that guys "tight end". But if you are watching the game with a guy and he is commenting about the cheerleaders or the blond in the beer add he is a pig. It should be able to work both ways.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #19
TommyG
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Quote:
I've only been married 1 time for 21 years. So obviously I don't use those lines. It's just a fantasy of mine!
I can't lie. I have had that one too.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #20
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:

My wife usually has only one line...

Steelers are on? I am going upstairs!!

Gotta admit though, she lets me use the main tv.. go out to the steeler club when I wanted to etc.etc.

She also let me spend a few thousand going to Pittsubrgh this year to watch the game.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote