Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #11
TommyG
Bench Warmer
Supporter
 
TommyG's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 161
Member Number: 6069
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
I don't see a problem with those comments. You just need to learn how to handle them.

How many wives have you gone through with those lines.....I just count myself lucky that my wife understands and enjoys watching football.....We go to the Steelers gams together and I can talk football with her.

Anyway, if you have the cooler at your feet with the iced beer, knowone has to leave the room.
__________________
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #12
Counselor
Starter
 
Counselor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 557
Member Number: 5075
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
I watch the Steelers games a lot with my wife and sister-in-law(Who I converted to a Steelers fan last year). I hear things during the games that I don't normally hear while watching the game with the guys or at the sports pub. Quotes from tonights game:

1) That Mike Tomlin is hot.

2) That Tomlin is like an older Omar Epps...And he speaks well too....

3) Ben has really lost some weight...He looks cute again...sort of


I enjoy watching the game with them because they truly get that Steeler football is special, and the organization is one of the best in the league. But.....I am going to have to write up a list of things that cannot be uttered during a game....And calling anyone on the field hot, is going to be #1.

Anyone else had similar experiences watching games in mixed company.

OK---first of all he DOES look like Omar Epps (from "House")---my husband was the first to point that out to me.

Second---if you make the rule it should go both ways---if they can't say Tomlin and Ben are hot then you can't say any cheerleader on the opposing team (or woman in a beer commercial) is hot.

Trust me, many of my guy -friends and family members have learned a thing or two about football watching the game with my sister and I----so you can't make a blanket statement about all "mixed company."

I'm glad your watching with them though---If you overlook the "hot" comments and take time to teach them about the game you may find by the end of the season they're able "talk" football with anyone.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #13
TommyG
Bench Warmer
Supporter
 
TommyG's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 161
Member Number: 6069
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
OK---first of all he DOES look like Omar Epps (from "House")---my husband was the first to point that out to me.

Second---if you make the rule it should go both ways---if they can't say Tomlin and Ben are hot then you can't say any cheerleader on the opposing team (or woman in a beer commercial) is hot.

Trust me, many of my guy -friends and family members have learned a thing or two about football watching the game with my sister and I----so you can't make a blanket statement about all "mixed company."

I'm glad your watching with them though---If you overlook the "hot" comments and take time to teach them about the game you may find by the end of the season they're able "talk" football with anyone.
Well it looked like they had the third string Saint Cheerleaders at the game last night....Dame you HDtv.

I guess I don't watch much women sports with the guys, so I don't hear that stuff while watching a game.

I have been through two seasons now with my wife and sister-in-law wtching every Steeler game and it does make a difference. They have gotten all their questions answered and it makes the games more enjoyable to watch for everyone.
__________________
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #14
Counselor
Starter
 
Counselor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 557
Member Number: 5075
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
Well it looked like they had the third string Saint Cheerleaders at the game last night....Dame you HDtv.

I guess I don't watch much women sports with the guys, so I don't hear that stuff while watching a game.

I have been through two seasons now with my wife and sister-in-law wtching every Steeler game and it does make a difference. They have gotten all their questions answered and it makes the games more enjoyable to watch for everyone.
LOL. good for you!
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #15
LarryNJ
Starter
 
LarryNJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 421
Member Number: 2857
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
How many wives have you gone through with those lines...
I've only been married 1 time for 21 years. So obviously I don't use those lines. It's just a fantasy of mine!
__________________
LarryNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #16
Pittsburghfan
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,384
Member Number: 5129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

All I hear is. Oh Boy that Sepulvada(sp?) is a CUTIE!. Wow.
Pittsburghfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #17
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter
 
PAMillerGrrl83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Colts Country *Pouts*
Posts: 632
Gender: Female
Member Number: 3274
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

Now wait just a second. Just because us women make comments about certain players being "cute/hot/sexy" whatever doesnt mean we dont know whats going on in the game. Give us more credit than that. We're women of course we're going to notice the cute players LoL its part of our nature but that doesnt mean that we're watching the game just because of the "hot" players.
__________________


~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #18
TommyG
Bench Warmer
Supporter
 
TommyG's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 161
Member Number: 6069
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMillerGrrl83 View Post
Now wait just a second. Just because us women make comments about certain players being "cute/hot/sexy" whatever doesnt mean we dont know whats going on in the game. Give us more credit than that. We're women of course we're going to notice the cute players LoL its part of our nature but that doesnt mean that we're watching the game just because of the "hot" players.
So do you have a problem with guys commenting as well? Is there a double standard that it is ok for the ladies to comment about that guys "tight end". But if you are watching the game with a guy and he is commenting about the cheerleaders or the blond in the beer add he is a pig. It should be able to work both ways.
__________________
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #19
TommyG
Bench Warmer
Supporter
 
TommyG's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 161
Member Number: 6069
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
I've only been married 1 time for 21 years. So obviously I don't use those lines. It's just a fantasy of mine!
I can't lie. I have had that one too.
__________________
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #20
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
I've only been married 1 time for 21 years. So obviously I don't use those lines. It's just a fantasy of mine!

My wife usually has only one line...


Steelers are on? I am going upstairs!!



Gotta admit though, she lets me use the main tv.. go out to the steeler club when I wanted to etc.etc.

She also let me spend a few thousand going to Pittsubrgh this year to watch the game.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts