Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #11
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 14 Reason to Deport Illegal Aliens

Checks and balances. Is Congress off the hook just because they are Democratically controlled?

It's no coincidence that their approval rating is even lower than Bush's is. Bush is a boogeyman for the left, a scapegoat for every damned thing that's went wrong in this country for the last 25 years, and it's ludicrous. The WHOLE system needs fixed, and this partisan nonsense just clouds the issue.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #12
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 14 Reason to Deport Illegal Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Checks and balances. Is Congress off the hook just because they are Democratically controlled?

It's no coincidence that their approval rating is even lower than Bush's is. Bush is a boogeyman for the left, a scapegoat for every damned thing that's went wrong in this country for the last 25 years, and it's ludicrous. The WHOLE system needs fixed, and this partisan nonsense just clouds the issue.
Thank you
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,727
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,188
Thanked 7,074 Times in 3,188 Posts
Default Re: 14 Reason to Deport Illegal Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
No offense, but this whole "Blame Bush for everything" mentality gets old, and really just obfuscates the fact that the whole system is broken.

As for the wasted taxpayer dollars, I'd be interested in finding a way to get these people to shoulder their own tax burden if we aren't going to deport them. While we are at it, we should also eliminate these tax breaks for foreigners who open shop here but spend six months and one day a year in their home country to avoid paying tax. They enjoy all the benefits, but bear none of the burden. Ridiculous.
You may not want to admit it, but your point about the broken tax system actually supports my contention that the system works just fine and is not broken as far as those who are deriving the most economic benefit from our current policies are concerned.

As far as blaiming Bush first, whether you agree or disagree with his policies on the subject (I am on record as strongly disagreeing) the incumbent certainly has not let Congress or the U.S. Code stand in his way when it cmes to othr natinal security issues as wiretapping and data mining transnational communications. If he wanted to do something about illegals he would have dne it and told the courts + Congress to get lost.

About his only contribution to the immigration problem since he has been the Decider was his amnesty bill. At least the Dems can claim some misguided sympathy for the downtrodden when it comes to their support for illegals - Bush simply appears to be afraid of alienating Hispanic voters and his contributors who benefit from keeping wages down.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #14
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,677
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 14 Reason to Deport Illegal Aliens

ur telling me i live in texas now! what a difference from pittsburgh omg so many illegals here get them out!!
__________________

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #15
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach
 
I-Want-Troy's-Hair's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Riverside, CA -originally Steubenville OH
Posts: 1,450
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2698
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 14 Reason to Deport Illegal Aliens

http://immigrationcounters.com/

here's a little something that will make your eyes bug out.
__________________
"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
I-Want-Troy's-Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 14 Reason to Deport Illegal Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post
http://immigrationcounters.com/

here's a little something that will make your eyes bug out.
Holy Mother of God - those figures are just mind-blowing!!!

Y'know what is really sad? In the not too distant future, we Americans are going to be minorities in our OWN COUNTRY!!!
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #17
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,677
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 14 Reason to Deport Illegal Aliens

omg it makes me so angry
__________________

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #18
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,472
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 171
Thanked 922 Times in 355 Posts
Default Re: 14 Reason to Deport Illegal Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Holy Mother of God - those figures are just mind-blowing!!!

Y'know what is really sad? In the not too distant future, we Americans are going to be minorities in our OWN COUNTRY!!!
Come to Denver sometime - American citizens already seem to be the minority here.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #19
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,677
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 14 Reason to Deport Illegal Aliens

denver no way man, wow but come to houston i its overrun by them
__________________

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #20
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 14 Reason to Deport Illegal Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
You may not want to admit it, but your point about the broken tax system actually supports my contention that the system works just fine and is not broken as far as those who are deriving the most economic benefit from our current policies are concerned.

As far as blaiming Bush first, whether you agree or disagree with his policies on the subject (I am on record as strongly disagreeing) the incumbent certainly has not let Congress or the U.S. Code stand in his way when it cmes to othr natinal security issues as wiretapping and data mining transnational communications. If he wanted to do something about illegals he would have dne it and told the courts + Congress to get lost.

About his only contribution to the immigration problem since he has been the Decider was his amnesty bill. At least the Dems can claim some misguided sympathy for the downtrodden when it comes to their support for illegals - Bush simply appears to be afraid of alienating Hispanic voters and his contributors who benefit from keeping wages down.
Wow. How much of this is analytical acumen and how much is just hate for a man? Checks and balances again. Doesn't the much more unpopular congress still have veto override power? Has Bush even vetoed anything from Congress? These guys are all in cahoots.

As for "deriving the most benefit", think about what you just said in the context of this particular subject. Aren't the illegal aliens and manipulative foreigners the ones benefiting most from these scenarios? I don't think these guys are even allowed to register to vote, and they aren't likely to vote Republican if they were. This isn't some vast right wing conspiracy, it's a horribly broken system, and, as far as I can see, when pretty intelligent people like yourself get caught up in the semantics and unimportant and diversionary minutiae, it's just another victory for "them".
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts