Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-12-2007, 04:11 AM   #41
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,808 Times in 4,471 Posts
Default Re: The Bus opens his new restaurant!

i went to the Grille last thursday. for the locals, i ordered right before that tornado hit during that big storm that tore up the cone on top of the science center and blew out a few panes of glass.

the Grille's patio area was completely destroyed and i watched metal chairs and table flying through the air from inside. the crowd that was dining kinda panicked and ran and dove under tables and it really set in when somebody knocked a glass off the bar. like a dork, i followed my fiancee and daughter under our table along with the rest of the crowd, but i realized i was missing some excellent photo opportunities (i have some great pictures i will be posting).

during all the excitement of being that close to a tornado, i totally forgot to go take a piss in front of the mirrors.

5 minutes after the chaos, our meal was promptly served with no delay. i have to give it to jeromes staff as an obviously shaken waitress brought us our non-complimentary meal.

macho nachos- $9. enough to be a meal for 2. although they had alot of toppings, they definitely lacked enough queso (that is what us southwesterners call the melted cheese sauce typically found on nachos.

italian hoagie deep fried in a tempura batter- $9. original, unique, tasty. came with fries and a thimble full of slaw.

shrimp rigatoni with sun dried tomatoes and a chipotle sauce- $16. very good. sweet. not the spice i would expect from chipotle. still very good though.

1 lb of carrot cake for 2- $9. holy cow! they might as well just brought us a whole cake! im thinking the cake it was cut from was 36" in diameter. this too, could be a meal in itself.

daily beer special- $2. 20 oz. amstel lights. very impressed to get a beer this big of any brand in a restraunt like this, for only 2 bucks.

i thought the atmosphere was classy, yet laid back. the menu was diverse and definitely unique. the prices were no worse than a local applebees or chilis.

oh, and when the storm knocked out the direct tv and the baseball ticket, the steelers 05 sb highlights dvd was immediately shown on all screens.

good stuff.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:30 AM   #42
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i went to the Grille last thursday. for the locals, i ordered right before that tornado hit during that big storm that tore up the cone on top of the science center and blew out a few panes of glass.

the Grille's patio area was completely destroyed and i watched metal chairs and table flying through the air from inside. the crowd that was dining kinda panicked and ran and dove under tables and it really set in when somebody knocked a glass off the bar. like a dork, i followed my fiancee and daughter under our table along with the rest of the crowd, but i realized i was missing some excellent photo opportunities (i have some great pictures i will be posting).

during all the excitement of being that close to a tornado, i totally forgot to go take a piss in front of the mirrors.

5 minutes after the chaos, our meal was promptly served with no delay. i have to give it to jeromes staff as an obviously shaken waitress brought us our non-complimentary meal.

macho nachos- $9. enough to be a meal for 2. although they had alot of toppings, they definitely lacked enough queso (that is what us southwesterners call the melted cheese sauce typically found on nachos.

italian hoagie deep fried in a tempura batter- $9. original, unique, tasty. came with fries and a thimble full of slaw.

shrimp rigatoni with sun dried tomatoes and a chipotle sauce- $16. very good. sweet. not the spice i would expect from chipotle. still very good though.

1 lb of carrot cake for 2- $9. holy cow! they might as well just brought us a whole cake! im thinking the cake it was cut from was 36" in diameter. this too, could be a meal in itself.

daily beer special- $2. 20 oz. amstel lights. very impressed to get a beer this big of any brand in a restraunt like this, for only 2 bucks.

i thought the atmosphere was classy, yet laid back. the menu was diverse and definitely unique. the prices were no worse than a local applebees or chilis.

oh, and when the storm knocked out the direct tv and the baseball ticket, the steelers 05 sb highlights dvd was immediately shown on all screens.

good stuff.
Sounds like you had an eventful time, TH!

I thought celebrity restaurants were supposed to be totally over-priced?

And a free tornado show, too?

Sounds like you had a great time, those photo's should be awesome.

ps. 2004's SB DVD (3 Games To Glory) would have been a better option
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:00 AM   #43
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Welcome back Tony...I missed the Polar Bear!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:17 AM   #44
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Man how I love that ignore list!

Cool story Tony.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:17 AM   #45
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

We ate there for lunch last week and found the food to be good, the prices within reason, the atmosphere great (loved that mural of the Bus!), the service excellent (our waiter was very friendly and attentive) and the entertainment above reproach!! We watched the Steeler DVD right at our booth. We even bought a Bettis Grille 36 glass to bring home.

I had the chicken Caesar sandwich. It was a triple decker with plenty of fries and a small side of coleslaw........$7.95.
Dinners, of course, were pricier, topping out at a whopping $49.99 for the 36 oz. steak........but most were priced competitively. We will definitely be returning on a future visit.

You checked out the bathrooms, didn't you Tony?
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #46
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Quote:
You should have seen the piece of chocolate cake I saw a waitress bring out. The thing was HUGE.
Don't say I didn't warn ya.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #47
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,808 Times in 4,471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Sounds like you had an eventful time, TH!

I thought celebrity restaurants were supposed to be totally over-priced?

And a free tornado show, too?

Sounds like you had a great time, those photo's should be awesome.

ps. 2004's SB DVD (3 Games To Glory) would have been a better option
i posted the photos in the media section. check em out!

i thought the same about celeb restaurants. here you definitely felt like you were paying for the food on the table as opposed to the atmosphere and celebrity status of the owner. the location, tv's, nice bar, and black and gold feel was just an added bonus that you felt was a freebie you werent even paying for.

jeromes name will attract the crowds, but i think the product itself will keep them coming back.

the restaurant business is a tough one and i was definitely impressed.

Quote:
Don't say I didn't warn ya.
boy, you werent kidding. the cake filled a whole styrofoam to-go plate!
Old 08-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #48
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
i posted the photos in the media section. check em out!

i thought the same about celeb restaurants. here you definitely felt like you were paying for the food on the table as opposed to the atmosphere and celebrity status of the owner. the location, tv's, nice bar, and black and gold feel was just an added bonus that you felt was a freebie you werent even paying for.

jeromes name will attract the crowds, but i think the product itself will keep them coming back.

the restaurant business is a tough one and i was definitely impressed.

boy, you werent kidding. the cake filled a whole styrofoam to-go plate!

So your saying I need to go there when I go to Pittsburgh in November?

(sans tornado of course?)
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote