Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 08-24-2007, 07:12 PM   #11
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,519 Times in 3,752 Posts
Default Re: offensive line set?

Here is the link to Tomlin's press conference - starters Sunday night will be Smith, Faneca, Mahan, Simmons, & Colon

Tomlin also said the other linemen will be appearing since it is necessary to be prepared to address injuries

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801c1a65.

Maybe the Steelers should shuffle linemen all season to be prepared to address injuries.

Perhaps Tomlin will learn soon enough coaches love camp and evaluating personnel but that evaluation & experimentation is a means to an end and not an end in itself.

If the starting offense lays another egg Sunday night the O-line will be the story for the 2 weeks going into the Cleveland game (with Faneca sitting next to his locker with a can of gas & a lighter as he waits to share his thoughts with the media).
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,084 Times in 4,585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
(with Faneca sitting next to his locker with a can of gas & a lighter as he waits to share his thoughts with the media).
no way he would do that, right? as tomlin said, Alan "Powder" Fanekeg is a professional.

well atleast tomlin seems to be having fun with the whole "musical chair linemen" situation.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07236/811791-66.stm

Quote:
Steeler Notebook: Starks takes a turn at tackle
Friday, August 24, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Another day, another change in the Steelers' offensive line.

Max Starks was back with the first team yesterday at right tackle. It's a position where he started the past two seasons but was supplanted the past two games by Willie Colon.

Colon also practiced with the first team Monday through Wednesday this week but was bumped to the second team yesterday.

Coach Mike Tomlin was not available for comment after practice but did tell a few reporters at lunch time, "Wait until you see what I do with the offensive line today!"
thats pretty brash to not only ignore the media members coaching tips, but to practically goad them. for the sake of the new ass hole theyre preparing to rip him, im sure they are looking at this as a must win game for mike.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #13
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
It's nice to have enough talent that guys are still challenging at this late date. It only means good things for the team.
I hope that your right about the talent part of your thread. I just dont know if I believe it or not... I just think that if Starks starts then Colon has really let me down on him, if Colon starts then the Steelers have wasted that $$$ on Starks.. I just hope that whoever it is that starts will just help provide us with some good play this year..
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #14
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
It's nice to have enough talent that guys are still challenging at this late date. It only means good things for the team.
Competition is ALWAYS good. I hope the backups are ticked off! This is what Ben & rb's need, a fired up OL!

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:01 PM   #15
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
I hope that your right about the talent part of your thread. I just dont know if I believe it or not... I just think that if Starks starts then Colon has really let me down on him, if Colon starts then the Steelers have wasted that $$$ on Starks.. I just hope that whoever it is that starts will just help provide us with some good play this year..
I'm disappointed nothing addressed in draft. However, glass now half full. Let's hope Dr. Tomlin resuscitates OL this year!

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote