Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #21
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Re: Richard Seymour out 6 weeks

27 isn't exactley young for a lineman LITP...

I won't chicken out because it's going to happen. Super Bowl or bust for Pats this year according to everyone and TBH... On PAPER they arn't even the best team in the AFC... The problem is, no one can seem to look past the new Colts flashyness of the team.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #22
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
27 isn't exactley young for a lineman LITP...

I won't chicken out because it's going to happen. Super Bowl or bust for Pats this year according to everyone and TBH... On PAPER they arn't even the best team in the AFC... The problem is, no one can seem to look past the new Colts flashyness of the team.
I hope you aren't trying to weasel out of your 'prediction' by trying to make out that 'bombing' is not winning the Superbowl.

i'll ask again - define bombing - how bad will it get for the Patriots....then we can make a bet with the proceeds going to the forum.....
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,056 Times in 3,063 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post

Why the Patriots should be downgraded when its an issue every team has to deal with is beyond me.
i think it should be subjectively balanced. for instance, if one looks at moss' history of greatness as a reason to upgrade the patriots, they must also take into account moss' penchant for having hammy issues.

every team faces the random injuries, old or young. however some teams have more injury issues that could be a concern. other than random injuries that can happen to any steeler player, my main concern is ben with his constantly getting beat up and troy with his concussions and shoulder. now that haynes and duce are gone, i think most of our issues that we have with injury are gone too.

it just seems to me that the patriots have alot of lingering question marks going into the season. was there any indication that richard was gonna be possibly sidelined? it seemed to come out of the blue. i didnt follow the pats media too closely, and never heard any rumors that his rehab wasnt on schedule.

it makes me wonder if the health of maroney is just a smokescreen.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #24
ShutDown24
Team President

Less than ten wins for a team that is considered by everyone, undeservedly so, the favorite is more than generous as far as bombing is concerned. Position by posistion with the expectilon of Brady they are outmatched by many teams.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #25
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i think it should be subjectively balanced. for instance, if one looks at moss' history of greatness as a reason to upgrade the patriots, they must also take into account moss' penchant for having hammy issues.

every team faces the random injuries, old or young. however some teams have more injury issues that could be a concern. other than random injuries that can happen to any steeler player, my main concern is ben with his constantly getting beat up and troy with his concussions and shoulder. now that haynes and duce are gone, i think most of our issues that we have with injury are gone too.

it just seems to me that the patriots have alot of lingering question marks going into the season. was there any indication that richard was gonna be possibly sidelined? it seemed to come out of the blue. i didnt follow the pats media too closely, and never heard any rumors that his rehab wasnt on schedule.

it makes me wonder if the health of maroney is just a smokescreen.
No-one really thought that Seymour would end up on PUP - I thought he may miss the first game going on what I heard on the Patriots forum.

Maroney looked completely comfortable - he was given a large 1st half workload against a hard hitting Panthers D and seemed to hit his stride.

Could he have a relapse? Certainly.

He never took the whole workload at Minny, but then again RB's that do - you often hear how they 'too many miles on the clock' before they even reach the NFL - so its 6 of one, half a dozen of other, really.

Sammy Morris looked pretty good, he fights hard for every yard and keeps his legs pumping during contact (something I hope Maroney improves this year) - so I expect him to take some of the load along with Faulk and Heath Evans.

As far as Moss goes, I rarely read an article about the move without having to hear about his suspect temperament or tight hammy's - I don't think anyone is trying to make out that this guy is going to transform the Patriots offense.

Possibly the most important offseason acquisition was Welker, we get stronger and the Dolphins (who always play us hard..damn them) get weaker.

For me the Stallworth and Moss moves have nothing but question marks at this point...the answers will only become evident as we move through the season.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #26
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Less than ten wins for a team that is considered by everyone, undeservedly so, the favorite is more than generous as far as bombing is concerned. Position by posistion with the expectilon of Brady they are outmatched by many teams.
Ok. Cool.

So you get 9 wins and everything below, i'll take 10 wins and above?

$10 donation to the forum by the loser?
Old 09-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #27
ShutDown24
Team President

Hmmm... Considering I never wanted to place a bet... How about the winner donates 4 games worth of HGH to SteelersFever?

I am just saying my opinion. That is something you do in every post including negatives about the Steeler which most people here don't take offense to... But whenever someone says something about the downfalling Pats you go overboard defending it. Why it gotta be like that? Is that why you lost mod?

Honestly tough if I had the $ to spare I would take the bet because no matter who donates to SF everyones a winner :)
Old 09-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #28
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Hmmm... Considering I never wanted to place a bet... How about the winner donates 4 games worth of HGH to SteelersFever?

I am just saying my opinion. That is something you do in every post including negatives about the Steeler which most people here don't take offense to... But whenever someone says something about the downfalling Pats you go overboard defending it. Why it gotta be like that? Is that why you lost mod?

Honestly tough if I had the $ to spare I would take the bet because no matter who donates to SF everyones a winner :)
Hey Shut Down - that comment is a little inappropriate and not relevant to the discussion at hand. Let's stay on topic here, k?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #29
ShutDown24
Team President

Was sincelrey wondering about that... It is off topic but I don't see how it is innapropriote? In any circumstance you are, on these forums, a higher being so I will abide by your wishes. :)

I really see them going about 10 - 6... I don't think getting away from the traditional Steeler like - quite off-season was a good idea... I just don't think it's going to work out. Look at the Skins...

Yeah I saw they put Seymour on PUP...
Old 09-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #30
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:

Overboard?

Hardly.

Sure, I defend points when I think they should be made, you wont hear me complain about Goodell, even though he suspended one of my favorite players and a key part of the Patriots D - mainly because I agree with the suspension.

So you wont take the bet? Not even $5?

I'll make these bets with anyone regarding pretty much any team - only two people have actually agreed to these bets (low value to avoid bad feelings) - both of them lost and one no longer posts here.

Its just a way of saying 'I believe in what I am saying' and not just spouting off the first thing that comes into your head.