Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-27-2005, 07:01 PM   #41
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,676 Times in 2,896 Posts
Default Re: It's Ratbirds Week !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
I think in previous years you could say this..but after going 15-1 in the regular season last year, not making it to the big dance, and cowher barking at them about not letting up... knock on wood, we should be ok.

Besides, if u cant get up for the ratbirds, who can ya get up for right!!
oh i think they will be up for it. cowher stepped in and re directed the ship. the team responds real well to him and keeping things in perspective will be a priority. i think cowhers doing a good job in not allowing this game become a letdown game. i bet 5-2 has more of their focus than 14-2
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:31 PM   #42
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

from SteelersLive..

Quote:
Steelers players said the standings mean nothing when the Ravens are on the docket.

"They're going to come to play," tailback Jerome Bettis said. "It's Monday night. The biggest stage of the year. So, they're going to be ready."

Five years ago when the Ravens were on their way to capturing the Super Bowl, they split with a Steelers team that went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Last year, the Ravens earned the distinction of giving the Steelers their only blemish, despite going 9-7 and missing the postseason.

That's why the double-digit point spread could be misleading.

"This is a real rivalry; it's nothing the media needs to hype," Porter said. "There's a true dislike between both teams, and it can't get any better than that. Cheap shots. Dirty play.

"You can expect everything when you have a Baltimore-Steelers game. It's what it's hyped up to be, and it's going to be like that on Monday night."

Porter believes the rivalry has taken on a life of its own because both teams are cut from the same cloth -- power running and aggressive defense. The Ravens rank No. 2 in defense, six notches above the Steelers.

Not surprisingly, Porter disagreed with the defensive statistics, saying, "They're beating us on paper, but we have a long season to go." He also added that he'll miss seeing Lewis on the field, considering the two have similar personalities and are the emotional leaders of their teams.

"I try to keep the comparison going (when we go head-to-head)," Porter said. "He likes to make plays, and it makes me rise to my level because I want to make just as many plays as he makes.

"So, it keeps the chip on my shoulder to have somebody I'm competing with. It's hard to compete with a guy on defense, but he brings it out of me every time. But the game's going to go on. I'm still going to go out there with a chip on my shoulder and be ready to play."

What should observers expect from this latest installation of the rivalry?

"Expect the unexpected, especially because it's Halloween," Porter said. "All the tricks are going to be out."
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:34 PM   #43
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Regardless, Cowher gets his team up for MNF...I think the Steelers are riding something like a 10 game home MNF winning streak under Cowher...as a matter of fact, I don't think they've ever lost a home MNF game under Cowher.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:48 PM   #44
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,676 Times in 2,896 Posts

thats correct. 10-0. cowher is the winningest coach at home all time on mnf.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #45
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Injury Report for Monday's Game

Ravens
OUT: LB Ray Lewis (thigh); S Ed Reed (ankle); RB Alan Ricard (calf).
DOUBTFUL: QB Kyle Boller (toe).
QUESTIONABLE: WR Mark Clayton (ankle); RB Ovie Mughelli (ankle); DE Anthony Weaver (toe).

Steelers
OUT: S Mike Logan (hamstring).
PROBABLE: RB Jerome Bettis (knee); CB Ricardo Colclough (shoulder); LB James Farrior (knee); LB Clark Haggans (groin); C Jeff Hartings (knee); LB Clint Kriewaldt (knee); QB Tommy Maddox (right shoulder); WR Antwaan Randle El (foot); DE Aaron Smith (back); CB Deshea Townsend (hamstring); DE Kimo Von Oelhoffen (shoulder); WR Hines Ward (hamstring); WR Cedrick Wilson (wrist).

Link: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05303/597469.stm
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:45 PM   #46
Iron City Hangover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 732

WR Mark Clayton is also likely sitting this one out too for the Baltimore Browns. Thursday was his first day of practice. If he does play, it'll be off the bench, Hymes will start in his place as the slot receiver.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:54 PM   #47
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

All they're gonna do is cry injury foul we deal w/ injuries every year, but atleast WE have backups that can play!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote