Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #21
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: cowher still coaching? (predicts steelers 3rd in division)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Or at least 7 or 8 Super Bowl appearances instead of 6.

1994 is inexcusable. That was an awesome Steeler team..
Agreed, outside the journeyman QB at best we had at the time.

Quote:
1995 I blame Neil on.
Again, the QB - enough said.

Quote:
1997...I really have no idea how that happened.
3 picks by Kordell, including one inside the Broncos' 5-yard line trailing by 10 in the 3rd.

Quote:
2001 was a nightmarish abortion.
STs got us into the hole, but again, Kordell couldn't get us downfield for a tie when trailing by 7 late in the 4th - not once, but TWICE, with both potential scoring drives ended by INTs.

Quote:
2004 we just simply lost straight up.
Ben played like the rookie he was.

Anybody else see the pattern here?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #22
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I see most of you still have your man crush on Bill Cowher...lol I understand Cowher didn't have the best QBs....Buts its typical Steelers fans all the blame goes on the QB and Cowher gets a pass...lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #23
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
So what.........Yea its great to go to 6 AFC title games and only win 2.....Especially since 5 of those games were in the Burgh....lol

I'm glad Cowher is gone and it was long over due......I was a huge Cowher fan at onetime.....He was a very good football coach...But he sucked in big games...Thats his legacy to me.....A Super Bowl XL win doesn't erase all those other let downs...lol

Yes the players deserve blame also but I also put blame on the coaches as well.....
What portion of the blame does a coach deserve for horrible interceptions at crucial times or for special teams getting ran all over them. I look at super bowl XXX one of the best calls I've ever seen in a football game was the surprise onside kick that Cowher made. That call gave us a chance and Neil threw that chance right to Larry Brown of all people. I don't know why fans blame Cowher for that crap he was a great coach and a hall of fame coach I guess wining more games than another team during his tenure just isn't enough for some people.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:33 AM   #24
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
I see most of you still have your man crush on Bill Cowher...lol I understand Cowher didn't have the best QBs....Buts its typical Steelers fans all the blame goes on the QB and Cowher gets a pass...lol
I'm just wondering how many rings Belichick would have right now if he had some of the garbage under center that Cowher had. I imagine he'd still be working on #1.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #25
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog View Post
What portion of the blame does a coach deserve for horrible interceptions at crucial times or for special teams getting ran all over them. I look at super bowl XXX one of the best calls I've ever seen in a football game was the surprise onside kick that Cowher made. That call gave us a chance and Neil threw that chance right to Larry Brown of all people. I don't know why fans blame Cowher for that crap he was a great coach and a hall of fame coach I guess wining more games than another team during his tenure just isn't enough for some people.
I guess you missed when I said I totally blamed Neil for the Super Bowl XXX loss in a few posts back?lol

Yes I remember the onside kick that Deion Figures recovered very well thank you...It was a great call...So whats your ****ing point?lol

How dare I question the great Bill Cowher?lol
Old 09-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #26
rog
Starter

It's easy to complain about not wining the Super Bowl every year i guess but to bitch and whine about Cowher not wining more than 1 ring or AFCC game to me is just dumb if you ask me considering how hard it is.

GO STEELERS!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #27
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I'm just wondering how many rings Belichick would have right now if he had some of the garbage under center that Cowher had. I imagine he'd still be working on #1.
According to some Steelers fans Brady is garbage and over-rated....It was the great team he had around him that won those Super Bowls...Oh and the great clutch kicker....lol

Can't I have an opinion like you all?.....I made one post to respond to Cowhers prediction and people get butt hurt and respond since I knocked the great Bill Cowher and his sorry record in AFC title games?

As for Belichick....You don't know me that well.....Yes I think Little Bill is a very good football coach...But I don't think he is the so called genius that people constantly label him with....lol So try again......
Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #28
rog
Starter

Quote:
I guess you missed when I said I totally blamed Neil for the Super Bowl XXX loss in a few posts back?lol

Yes I remember the onside kick that Deion Figures recovered very well thank you...It was a great call...So whats your ****ing point?lol

How dare I question the great Bill Cowher?lol
I never said you couldn't Question him but like I said if winning more game than anyone else for 15 years and a Super Bowl isn't enough to make you happy and be greatful for what he did here is IMO crazy.

After all we could have been in the same boat with the Browns or Bengals and not have won anything!

GO STEELERS!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #29
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

Quote:
I'd rather be in the AFCC game on what was a pretty regular basis than be a team that comes up quick and wins it all but falls apart and fades into oblivion for 5,6, or 7 years before theur ready to compete again.
i agree, some people always see the glass half empty
Old 09-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #30
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
It's easy to complain about not wining the Super Bowl every year i guess but to bitch and whine about Cowher not wining more than 1 ring or AFCC game to me is just dumb if you ask me considering how hard it is.
Ok I'm sending you your Bill Cowher fat head right now so you can worship it at alltime....I'm not bitching or whining...I'm stating my opinion which I'm entitled to last time I checked....

Plus I never expect the Steelers to win it all every year....But when you do put your team in position 6 times and you fall short 4 of those times when 5 of those games were at Pittsburgh then I would at least expect a 500 record in AFC title games...Some of you need to get off you Cowher man crush....