Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #21
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Carey Davis named starting Fullback....I'm not sure how to feel about this!

O my god i am in shocked are you serious. Wow he better be so unbelievably good and prove himself, but i doubt he will keep his job no way ughh!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #22
Welcome To Smashmouth
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6038
Default Re: Carey Davis named starting Fullback....I'm not sure how to feel about this!

At the moment, I feel extremely uneasy, as 1) Kreider has been a great fullback for us, and even given national credit as one of the better fullbacks in the league, and
2) Carey Davis has been great at RB during the PRESEASON, but we still dont know what hes capable of on a day-to day basis
3) Willie Parker made it public that he'd rather run behind Kreider

At this point I'll have to put my faith in the performance of whoever is in the game, but with A. Smith, McFadden, AND Kreider all getting the shaft, I will admit I'm more than pissed atm....
Welcome To Smashmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #23
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

i am shock and dissapointed. shock like everyone else, and dissapointed to hear they think davis can block better than kreider !!??? roll that film again. well, what ever their reasons, i don't think this is gonna last. i could be wrong, but we will see.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #24
comyns
Water Boy

Member Number: 5112

How much Kreider and Davis play may vary depending on whether the other team's linebackers are more vulnerable to the run or the pass.
comyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #25
FrancosArmy09
Water Boy

Member Number: 6015

I'm not saying Arians won't do a good job, but these are just the type of moves that have me nervous about this season, offensively. He's basically benched an all-pro for an undrafted free agent without a single regular season game played. If Krieder were hurt,that's one thing...but can you really picture davis doing a better job blocking out of the I formation? (then again, Arians may have gotten rid of that as well...another thing that worries me.)
Old 09-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #26
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i just hope dan dresses for sunday.. if davis gets blown up early in the game, i will feel a lot better knowing we can always put kreider in there incase davis might not be ready.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #27
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Heres a question.

Are they going to take carries and passes away from WP (who I think is Pittsburgh No.1 offensive weapon) and give them to Carey Davis?

Its not like the guy is going to be 'spelling' Willie, he'll be on the field at the same time if he's the designated FB.

I guess what they really are saying is that Carey davis is a better blocker than Kreider - if thats true, either Kreider has lost more than step when everyone was looking the otherway, or............Carey Davis is going to be a hell of an offensive weapon.
LITP..

I don't think so. I think it is a move to a H back situation... like the Steelers used to have, with Rocky and Franco. its not that he will be a great offensive weapon, just that he will be enough to cause more diversion and question for defenses...
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:17 AM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
tomlin addressed this in his press conference. of course willie needs a bit of time to get his legs under him and back in tip top game shape, but if hes up for it he will actually be getting the ball in his hands even more.

willie has worked very hard in the offseason to remain on the field for every down and tomlin said he recognizes it and appreciates it (and is all for it). of course he said gameplanning will have some effect on how many carries willie actually gets on a week to week basis.

kreider hasnt lost a step or any talent, its just that he usually telegraphs the play. defenders know to follow him to the ball more times than not. our playbook became more predictable and a move like this makes it a little less predictable...

i think its the element of suprise being cashed in on here as much as davis's multi-dimensional skills.
Well, that makes sense - you have to give your best weapon as many looks and touches as possible.

Is it fair to say that all FB's telegraph the play?

Unless its a play action pass, you have to think that the run is always going to follow the FB's lead block.

We'll see how this plays out, I guess they want their FB's to do more than just block in Pittsbrugh these days.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:19 AM   #29
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
LITP..

I don't think so. I think it is a move to a H back situation... like the Steelers used to have, with Rocky and Franco. its not that he will be a great offensive weapon, just that he will be enough to cause more diversion and question for defenses...
I reckon you could be right.

I commented a couple of weeks ago how the Patriots use Heath Evans as a multidimensional FB (little bit of run, pass and block) - who didnt match up to Kreider in terms of pure blocking skill but who keeps offenses guessing.

Im looking forward to hearing how it all works out against the Browns...not that it will be the definitive test or anything.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:26 AM   #30
steelers forever 8
Water Boy

Member Number: 3323

did tomlin said krieder might not be activated this week?
steelers forever 8 is offline   Reply With Quote