Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-09-2007, 07:01 AM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Q&A with Steelers DE Eason

Q&A with Steelers DE Eason
By The Tribune-Review
Sunday, September 9, 2007

Nick Eason will see the Steelers-Browns rivalry from a decidedly different side today when the two teams meet in Cleveland. Eason, a defensive end, played the previous three seasons for the Browns before signing with the Steelers last April.

The 6-foot-3, 305-pounder goes from a team that is again expected to finish last in the AFC North to one that is a year removed from winning the Super Bowl. Then again, Eason's probably been called a lot of things during his life, but dummy is not one of them. He earned a degree in sociology from Clemson in three years and is currently working toward a master's degree.

Eason recently talked about moving from one rival team to another and how he pursued academic excellence better as well as he did quarterbacks when he was at Clemson.

Q: Does it go without saying this game will be a little more special for you since it's the first time you're returning to Cleveland?

"Of course. To get a 'W' would be more special for me. Obviously, they didn't think I belonged there, otherwise I would still be there. That's the way I look at it, so you kind of take it personal. Both teams will be up for this game, and I'm just looking forward to being a part of it."

Q: What's the best thing about being in Pittsburgh?

A: "I feel at home. You come from a rival team and you kind of don't know what to expect from your teammates. I've probably exchanged words with these guys when I was wearing the orange helmet, but now I'm in black and gold and there are a lot of quality guys here. I'm glad to be here and glad to be a part of the Steeler Nation."

Q: With whom did you exchange words?

A: "Of course, linebackers are known for that here and defensive backs. I got into a little jabbering with (Ryan) Clark and (Ike) Taylor after the game when it was a pretty close game (in Cleveland last season). It's all in the past. I'm just glad to be a part of this team right now."

Q: How did you graduate from Clemson in three years, especially given how time-consuming football is?

A: "My parents are both educators and, quite interestingly, my mom really didn't believe I was graduating so soon. I told her 'Well, I've got to order my cap and gown' and she told me 'You just got there a couple of years ago.' It was kind of amazing to her because sometimes you can take courses in high school to get college credit but I didn't do that and to be able to (graduate in three years) was just a great accomplishment. At the time, I was the first Clemson football player in school history to do that."

Q: Did your mom believe you enough to show up for the graduation ceremony?

A: "She showed up. It was an August ceremony and so the family came up and I had practice that evening because we were still in training camp. From there on out, I was announced (at Clemson games) as a graduate student. It's an honor for me."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_526463.html