Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 09-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #161
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: ravens vs. bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
I'd just like to point out that most of the turnovers that the Ravens "handed" to the Bengals were the result of either the Bengals pressuring McNair, stripping the ball, or making good plays on the ball.

Neither team played to their full potential, IMO, but it's the first game of the season. We can't all open the season with the Browns.
Naaaaahhhhh.........it could't be that the Ravens played like crap.

Then there's all thoseawesome drives and td's thrown by one of the three elite QB's in the NFL.

naaaaaaaaah.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #162
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

One game does not a season make. We will be fighting both these guys til the end. I think we can win.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #163
stillers4me
Living Legend

Personally, I think the Bengals looked like they were playing hard and dirty. Now they'll get c*o*c*k*y and self implode within the next three games.. And I'm being generous.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
Old 09-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #164
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Personally, I think the Bengals looked like they were playing hard and dirty. Now they'll get c*o*c*k*y and self implode within the next three games.. And I'm being generous.
But, but....they have one of the "BIG THREE" in the league. Come on, now.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #165
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Of course, opposing fans will say..."Who did the Steelers play/beat to make them a contender". Yeah, we played the Browns. But the Steelers manhandled them. As we learned last year that you take no opponent lightly, no matter how much they suck (Raiders). Now, I'm not basing the rest of the season on this single week, but this may be a sure sign that this division is up for grabs. The Steelers can compete with these guys.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #166
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Some final comments on the Bengals:

The offense looked nowhere near as good as it should have, even though they were facing arguably the best defense in the league, they still should've done more if they want to be considered as one of the best offenses in the league.

Carson looked rusty at times...hopefully, this will iron out as the season goes on, he missed quite a few throws that he should have made, but at least he didn't have any turnovers.

The offensive line definitely missed Willie Anderson, Levi Jones, and Eric Ghiaciuc, but they didn't do too shabby with only 2 starters.

I really liked what I saw out of the defense for the most part. Leon Hall was playing like a shut-down corner. They were getting very good pressure and they were swarming to the ball, as apparent by the turnovers. I liked the energy out of the defense and think they'll be better than most expected.

The special teams were a disarray. Shayne Graham needs to get healthy quickly and the kick coverage needs to get their act together....allowing a TD to Ed Reed?

It was an ugly game, but I'm glad the Bengals could finally put the Ravens away in this one...something they failed to do down the stretch last season. Considering the Ravens were the top dogs in the division, I'm encouraged by the win.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #167
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

CS85 I agree, your defense - at least in the first half - looked above average. It'll be interesting to see if they have that same mentality the entire year.

As for the pass inteference call in the endzone, think back to SB40 - many people said it wasn't pass interference. Remember a push is a push is a push is a push. It's a penalty that has to be more consistant in the NFL and it just happens that it went against the ratbirds. What's sad is that he didn't even have to do that, ball was placed perfectly.

Nice job bungals finishing off the ratbirds.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #168
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,014 Times in 3,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Neither team played to their full potential, IMO, but it's the first game of the season. We can't all open the season with the Browns.
actually the bengals defense played way above its potential defensively, which is understandable seeing as this was their superbowl. as far as offense and special teams they picked up right where they left off last season. completely blowing it and tripping over their own feet.

par for the course.

as far as the ravens are concerned, age is clearly catching up with them. just as many predicted. no suprise there. the offense was a trainwreck. ed reed is a 1 man show.

Quote:
It was an ugly game, but I'm glad the Bengals could finally put the Ravens away in this one...something they failed to do down the stretch last season. Considering the Ravens were the top dogs in the division, I'm encouraged by the win.
but that was last year. the steelers are now top "dawg" in the division.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #169
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
big ben was interviewed after the game:

"I like big cheese and I can't deny..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #170
stillers4me
Living Legend

one thing is for certain.......Chad Johnson looked like an idiot with that jacket on. His act is getting stale real fast.

Oh wait a minute.....he is an idiot.

I can't even imagine Tomlin tolerating stuff like that for a minute.