Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #31
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Steelers vs Bills

The Bills had the worst offensive production in the AFC week 1. 184 total yards against Denver. Their defense allowed 470 total yards. Steelers will punish the Bills for 60 minutes, have one let down series, as they usually do, allow 10 points.

Steelers 31, Bills 10

And still, people will talk about the Pats and Colts...until about week 7, then they will recognize the danger that is the new Fire and Passion brought to Steel City by Coach Tomlin and his brand of perfection, hard work football.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:39 PM   #32
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

I saw most of the Bills game last week against the Broncos and I wasn't impressed. Their offense is the same old pop gun variety and now they have a beat up D. They lost 2 starters from there secondary in game 1 for the year and they are down to their 3 guy on the depth chart for weak side LB. There LB depth is so bad that they had to use a converted safety until he got hurt. The Steelers should rip them apart if they play their game.

Getting rid of Takeo Spikes without a suitable backup is already bitting them in the ass.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:42 AM   #33
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Here is what I am wondering...

Does it seem like the NFL did us a favor by giving us the Browns first, Bills second, and building up to Denver and Seattle? Both of whom are good teams...

Hopefully we will manhandle the Bills.

With the news that Everett is starting to be able to move, I am now able to get excited about this game!!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:48 AM   #34
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

Does it seem like the NFL did us a favor by giving us the Browns first, Bills second, and building up to Denver and Seattle? Both of whom are good teams...

With the news that Everett is starting to be able to move, I am now able to get excited about this game!!
I've always wondered how exactly the NFL comes up with the schedules. Seems like the Commish likes the Steelers, though he probably has to be neutral.

If the Bills were playing anyone other than my team, they'd have my full support. Unfortunatey, I'm left with "may you do good, but may we do better."
Old 09-12-2007, 02:51 AM   #35
FSUBoo
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2907

I agree with the people that said that stopping Lee Evans will be a big challenge for us. He's so fast that he can make DBs look slow, so we need to make sure to shut him down. I think Marshawn Lynch will make a difference, but I don't see him having too big a game against us. The key will also be to limit mistakes, play a solid game with a good mix of run and pass. Get Big Ben warmed up and doing positive things instead of negatives.

Oh, and how Edman mentioned the Raiders loss last year, I think we would have had a much better chance of winning that game if Cowher would have started Charlie Batch instead of making Big Ben play the week after a concussion. Batch has proved with his play for the past few seasons as our backup that he deserves to get a chance to play when needed. Players with injuries don't need to be rushed back too fast, especially something as major as a concussion.

I know I went a little off topic, so sorry about that.
FSUBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #36
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,281 Times in 628 Posts

Hopefully Lossman will fold if we force him into long 3rd down situations

I do think the Bills will play inspired football for the 1st half, but we should be able to confuse Lossman enough to win...given we don't shoot ourselves in the foot(and after last years Raiders game I don't take any game for granted)

Steelers win 24-10

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #37
RJC
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6896

We should win this game in a romp. Kelsay & Schobel are monster pass rushers, but both suspect against the run. We need to establish a consistent run game early. Once they think they got us, we need to exploit a secondary that's pretty banged up with injury and the missing former starts due to free agency. Ben could end up putting up some big numbers off of play action passes down field. Look for Holmes to have a big day....
RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:15 PM   #38
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

Our prayers are working preach.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #39
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Well, living in Denver and having a Broncos fan for a wife, I was forced to watch the Broncos/Bills game. As was stated earlier, Bailey and Bly are probably the top 2 corners in the league (and it showed in this game) so the poor off production from the Bills passing game will probably increase against us. The cover2 wrinkle to our def should help out with big plays as well as our pass rush. I do see us shutting down the running game as we always do. With all their injuries to their def I can see us moving up and down the field fairly easily. The Broncos had little problems moving the ball, just couldnt end drives and uncharacteristically missed field goals, or that game would have been over alot sooner. As long as we can avoid the "stupid" mistakes that cause turnovers and can contain their return game, this will be an easy game. If we lose the turnover battle and the ST game, it will be close still. My prediction - 34 - 10 Steelers - We will win the turnover battle and keep the big returns out.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:22 PM   #40
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,281 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Our prayers are working preach.

Yeah Im really happy the news thats coming out is positive

Also Known as SteelerSpartan