Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #41
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,333 Times in 3,278 Posts
Default Re: I'm not buying what Vick is selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Socks View Post
Dogfighting is part of his culture. Yes, it is illegal, but Vick is black and famous. That makes him a target for racist law enforcement. The local police should be handling this, not the feds. Whats worse is that the NFL has suspended him and he lost his endorsements. How is he supposed to make a living? I hope he gets probation, and the NFL reinstates him. If that happens I will be laughing at you when he is winning Super Bowls with his new team. With faith in Jesus I'm sure Michael can get through this.
Mr. Socks - If you think Michael Vick will be winning Super Bowls with his new team your faith in the ability of Jesus to perform miracles is strong indeed.

As for your concerns about Senor Mexico earning a living, his meals & lodging will be covered in prison, after which I am confident his talents will provide numerous oppportunities to secure gainful employment in the food service, janitorial, or waste management industries.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #42
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283

Quote:
Dogfighting is part of his culture. Yes, it is illegal, but Vick is black and famous. That makes him a target for racist law enforcement. The local police should be handling this, not the feds. Whats worse is that the NFL has suspended him and he lost his endorsements. How is he supposed to make a living? I hope he gets probation, and the NFL reinstates him. If that happens I will be laughing at you when he is winning Super Bowls with his new team. With faith in Jesus I'm sure Michael can get through this.
I'd like to believe that our society has evolved. Critical thinking, including problem solving and knowing what is viewed as right from wrong, comes from education and common sense.

Vick has absolutely no excuse! He attended college, and is part of a league that has recently made things crystal clear on their personal conduct rules. The behaviour of many NFL players, and those consequences, should have served Vick as a deterent to his violations. He bought property, purposefully built a hidden dog training area, bought dogs for only one reason - killing, participated in the training, assessment, and killing of dogs (one at a time he participated in electrocuting a dog, drowning a dog while it was alive) who chose not to kill others, arranged a gambling ring to profit from the killings, knowing all along that this was illegal! Once caught, he lied to the police, the feds, the commissioner of the NFL (face to face), the Falcons team owner, and to all his fans. This is a long process with malice aforethought! He repeated his actions for many years!

This is a person who knew he was wrong, that's why he hid that area of his property, then blamed it on his family for taking advantage! He doesn't even care about his own family! What an ASS! Again, there is no excuse!

Is it cultural to lie, cheat and then kill, watch more killings, lie more, blame your family, and lie again to your boss and the police? Hell no!

I see two years in prison, two years suspension from the NFL, once he gets out, then he must apply for reinstatement, with proven behavioral changes prior to playing again. Then any team who takes a chance on him will be tarnished. Make him play in the CFL, or earn his living some other way, like a common criminal.

Our society has laws. Vick must obey them! We all have choices in life, and he made multiple decisions to do wrong! The consequences are for his repeated actions, and his personal choices. He may be getting off easily campared to those actions!
Old 09-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #43
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I know that it is easy to get down on someone that is in trouble like he is. Now, I am a father of 2 wonderful children, but ya know something? There is something wrong with our nation that takes dogfighting this serious and there are people out here every day that kill or beat their children and they dont get more than 2 years... whats up with that? There is a man down in S.C. recently here had shaken his child to death and he got 2 Freekin' Years!!!!!!! And someone kills a dog... or 3 or whatever and he is getting just almost the same punishment!!! What is up with our justice system?
What A Joke... Vick would have gotten off cheaper killing a child than he will for killing some stupid dogs...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #44
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
I know that it is easy to get down on someone that is in trouble like he is. Now, I am a father of 2 wonderful children, but ya know something? There is something wrong with our nation that takes dogfighting this serious and there are people out here every day that kill or beat their children and they dont get more than 2 years... whats up with that? There is a man down in S.C. recently here had shaken his child to death and he got 2 Freekin' Years!!!!!!! And someone kills a dog... or 3 or whatever and he is getting just almost the same punishment!!! What is up with our justice system?
What A Joke... Vick would have gotten off cheaper killing a child than he will for killing some stupid dogs...
The system is jacked, especially if a child killer only gets two years! You cannot argue that the punishment for various crimes should, and has only been in few cases, revised to reflect our current values as a society!

But that does not mean that Vick should get less than two years for his actions! And they are far from "stupid dogs". Re-read my post on the things Vick did wrong. This is not a case of only killing dogs.

I am a father as well, and own dogs. It does not have to be one vs the other here. A childs life is very precious, and they are so innocent. You cannot ever replace a child!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #45
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
So, by this argument, you are saying that if a KKK member lynched a black man, he deserves special consideration because "It's part of his culture"? Perhaps we should be concerned about that Klan members well being, too? Laughable.

First off, Mike Vick already made more money than probably any 20 posters here will make in their whole lives combined, and he made that money by playing the QB position poorly, and by being a horrible human being off the field. Secondly....oh, wait. I've been had. This isn't real. My bad. I actually thought you were serious until I read the Jesus stuff at the end. That in and of itself I can see, but altogether? Only way a serious poster posts this is if they are in 3rd grade.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #46
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Some great posts here - unfortunately the target of your justifiable ire is no longer with us.

Bobbysox was a previously banned member who tried to sneak back.

So say our mods.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #47
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

So I WAS duped!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #48
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

Originally Posted by Bobby Socks
"How is he supposed to make a living?"

By asking me if I would like fries with that.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:39 PM   #49
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

Quote:
I-Want-Troy's-Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #50
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

oh