Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-14-2007, 12:43 AM   #21
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Steelers Regret Not Taking Posluszny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Not to mention that Lloyd played pissed off every down.

However, maybe they are planning on using Timmons in coverage more often...if so you need a more athletic LB.
yep...

They actually had him line up as a CB.. and he STAYED with his receiver!!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:58 AM   #22
KOMMANDO
Water Boy

Member Number: 6912

I know Poz was a good player at Homer PSU but The steelers did not need another ILB. Poz would be sitting the bench right now and playing ST's etc. it's about needs and long term potential wise. Timmons has more speed, is a betterpash rusher and a better overall athlete than POZ. Give it 2 years form now and then let's compare them.
KOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:02 AM   #23
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

Poz would have been a tremdendous Steeler. He is a combination of Jack Ham and Andy Russell with every possible intanagible. Paul is certain to be at least a very good player and possibly a great player, perennial all pro. Timmon may also be a great player but he also may be a bust. Timmons does not have the back ground of exp[erience and what little I have seen of him I noticed he can not shed blocks and appears to be physically overmatched. In fairness to him we must give him much more time because he is a Steeler and Poz is not.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:41 AM   #24
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,570 Times in 1,509 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I think timmons will be fine he just has to get playing time where he was out with his injury.He is making some good plays on special teams if he can do that then he can do it playing deffense.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:05 AM   #25
RJC
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6896

Jacm Hamm said "Poz" was the best LB to ever play at Penn St. Think about some of the guys that have played there, then get back to me. Bottom line is that "Poz" is gonna be a helluva player for a long time. Let's hope we get the same from Timmons....
RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:11 AM   #26
IamTheSteelGod
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1064
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy View Post
it's WAY to early to tell. i didn't like the timmons pick either, but let's give it a year or two. i know everyone remembers how great kendrell bell was at first...you know the rest.

Hit the nail right on the head and took the words right out of my mouth! Anyway it's not like Jimbo played shit in the first game is it.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:51 AM   #27
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

I think the general consensus in this thread is we needed a pass rushing LB and not an inside LB that won't get so many pass rushing situations and will, just like timmons, be sitting on the bench and playing ST.

I like this Timmons pick, we haven't seen much from him, but I'll wait to see how he develops to have a real opinion on him, same thing por Poz.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:10 AM   #28
FourThreeMafia
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3558

How did I know people would make this argument? Poz is already starting in Buffalo and Timmons is only on special teams...so Poz MUST be better, right?

Wrong. While Im not saying Timmons is better, you cant say Poz is better after one game.

Poz went to a team that was not nearly as talented in the front 7. We had James Harrison waiting in the wings to take over. The Steelers drafted Timmons to bring versatility to the defense. A player that could play in both the 3-4 and 4-3. With his injury, he was also at a disadvantage.

Also, while Poz was much more polished coming out of college, Timmons has much more upside. If the Steelers were in the Bills position where they needed an immediate replacement, Poz wouldve been the better selection. As it is, I think Timmons could pay off much better. He just turned 21 so he has a long time to progress.

Poz could end up being better, but at this point its stupid to question it. Two different situations. 4 or 5 years, we can talk about it.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:34 AM   #29
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

I wanted Poz from the get go. He is a consument team player and gives all out. Other then his knee injury he has been healthy and a wrecking ball. And for JoePa to compare Poz to Shane Conlin...that may be the biggest compliment any LB from Penn State could get. In the eyes of many many PSU fans Conlin was the best Penn State had to offer from Linebacker U. To me Poz will always be the complete package and I wish him well with his homecoming this week.

However, Im not going to go against the Rooney's, they have shown year after year they know what they are doing. I feel Timmons fits the system better with his speed where as Poz doesnt have the side line to side line speed of Timmons...Poz just has the instincts.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #30
RJC
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6896

Quote:
However, Im not going to go against the Rooney's, they have shown year after year they know what they are doing.
I see what you're trying to say here, but let's not get crazy. Do the names Jamain Stephens, Scott Shields, Troy Edwards, Alonzo Jackson, or Jeremy Staat mean anything to you? I could go on, but I think you get the point.....
RJC is offline   Reply With Quote