Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #21
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

Location: Original Hawaii girl, now living in Seahawks country
Member Number: 6622
Default Re: Woodson's take on Classless Johnson

It turns me off when athletes toot their own horn. Have some humility, then you'll get respect.

Six time Super Bowl Champions!!!
steelergirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #22
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

He is and always will be a talented tool.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:09 PM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Johnson completely disappears in big games (the few that the Bengals actually ever play). He almost certainly does much more to fire up the opposition with his nonsense then he does to help his team. Why the bulletin board material week after week? What does that really do? When teams with talent match up against him, they usually quiet him down. Chad is talented, but so are about 20 other WR's who play the game. I think when it's all said and done the ONLY way he'll be remembered 20 years from now will be the crap he pulls on the sidelines and in the media, and certainly not by enshrinement in Canton. And he'll have nobody but himself to blame for that.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #24
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

I sincerely hope he jumps in the stands at the Dawg pound this weekend and gets his butt kicked up there. It would serve him right. I don't condone fans beating up on players, but he is one who deserves it.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #25
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
I sincerely hope he jumps in the stands at the Dawg pound this weekend and gets his butt kicked up there. It would serve him right. I don't condone fans beating up on players, but he is one who deserves it.
maybe D-Dawg will smuggle a shiv into the pound....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:46 PM   #26
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
A former steeler classifying a bengals player as classless...really? You don't say.

Classless in my opinion is taking steroids in order to gain an advantage (merriman), spying on other teams' signals (patriots), getting arrested multiple times (henry and pac man), but not doing a silly touchdown celebration.

As far as Chad's chances of going into the Hall of Fame, if he keeps up his production to somewhere near where it's been the last 3 years, when his contract expires in 2011 he'll be somewhere near 6th on the all-time receiving list. If he has a few more decent years in the tank after that, he'll definitely have the stats to argue for a place in the hall of fame. However, the only real way for him to guarantee a spot is to win a Super Bowl...something that remains to be seen.

As far as my take on the celebration...it wasn't as exciting as promised and I thought it was pretty silly anyway. I would've rather he just done nothing at all. However, as long as he isn't drawing team penalties on the celebrations and he's getting in the end zone to do them, I could really care less. I'm just glad he was smart enough to walk over to the sidelines before he did it.
If Art Monk isn't in the hall of fame, CJ NEVER gets in.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote