Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-16-2007, 11:50 PM   #11
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Steelers have proven little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
I agree 76....The Broncos havn't impressed at all this year.....They have struggled against the Bills and Da Raiders...lol If the game was in Pittsburgh then I think the Steelers would win in a cake walk....I think the only reason the Broncos have a chance is since the game is in Denver...But we all know what happened the last time the Steelers visited the Rocky Mountains.....They only wiped the floor with the Donkeys in the 05 AFC title game...lol Yes some of the characters have changed for both teams......But I like the Steelers chances when they have to go to Denver...
The only reason they won today is because the Broncos called a timeout a microsecond before Janikowski kicked what would have been a 52-yard game-winning FG in OT (making it), the officials allowed the TO by Denver, wiping the FG off the board, and he hit the left upright and it bounced out on the second attempt. They rightfully should be 1-1 right now, and could very easily be 0-2.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:52 PM   #12
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
I am just saying we have to beat some of the big name teams to prove we are for real. I have no doubt whatsoever that we can compete with the big boys. But after watching New England dismantle San Diego tonight, I need to see us play a good game against them to show that we are a top 5 team. I sincerely hope that some of the other teams can compete with them this year so they don't waltz into home field advantage. I am a bona fide, card carrying, Patriots hater. No class clowns.
Yes the Chargers were 14-2 last year...But the day Norv Turner was hired as HC was a dark one for the Bolts....That guy is a tool and sucks as a HC.......He will lead that talented team nowhere....They still should win the AFC West though by default...lol Plus Rivers looked like Rex Grossman tonight....I don't want to hear it was all the Pats defense...He made some terrible throws tonight..lol

But the Pats won big so props to them..... Freaking Randy Moss needs to run over a traffic cop or something...I hate seeing that lazy quitter having success....That gutless trash doesn't deserve a ring....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:55 PM   #13
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
Plus Rivers looked like Rex Grossman tonight....
Tell me about it - that pick-six by Thomas gave me flashbacks to the pick-six Ben threw in the '04 AFCCG to ice that game. And as far as their being 14-2 last year, so what? The Saints made it to the NFCCG last year as well and they pretty much suck this year. Last year was last year.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #14
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Tell me about it - that pick-six by Thomas gave me flashbacks to the pick-six Ben threw in the '04 AFCCG to ice that game.
Only difference Ben was a rook and Rivers should know better as a 4 year vet now.... Especially since oh Phillip is supposed to be this highly intelligent QB with the so called it...

His first INT of the night was just terrible....The one Rosie Colvin picked off....lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:00 AM   #15
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261

The Steeler not only beat the teams they are clearly superior to, they hammered them soundly. Sounds like Prisuta didn't watch the Raider game last year. That's one statement. No underachieving vs. inferior competition.

Go see if the Ravens are still contenders after getting taken to the wire by a mediocre Jets team led by a rookie QB. The Chargers will take a huge step back this year. Their offense is not as explosive. They fired Marty, which is a bad move all on their own, but make it worse by hiring Norv Turner, a proven loser HC, to replace him. Watch him run that team into the ground. Plus Rivers looks like s*it. Reminds me of a certain Steelers QB from last year...
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:10 AM   #16
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

Well I wouldn't give the Steelers that much credit for beating these guys but, the dude was just going too far by saying we haven't played an actual NFL Team.

We have the potential to become a powerhouse, and hopefully each week we continue to refine and improve our game as we get ready for a tough 2nd half of the season

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:30 AM   #17
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

This article is a joke... Why? Because he contradicts himself IN HIS OWN ARTICLE.... Let's take a look....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post

Please don't present the Browns as an example of such. What happened in Cleveland yesterday had to be more a reflection of the Bengals' inability to physically recover from and emotionally handle their win over Baltimore than it was the Browns' prowess.

But wait... How will we know they are good?

But we won't have a better feel for whether the Steelers' defense is simply good or on the verge of greatness -- as the players who comprise that defense contend -- until it's time to play Carson Palmer and the Bengals and Tom Brady and the Patriots. Or, perhaps, Shaun Alexander, Matt Hasselbeck and Seattle.

So let me get this straight. The Steelers manhandled the Browns. Then, the Browns, WITHOUT the starting QB against us, because we forced him not just to be benched, but to be TRADED, blows up the Bengals. But because the Bengals WON last week, they weren't ready to WIN AGAIN... Yet, that is one of the two or three teams that WE HAVE TO MEASURE AGAINST... because of course, they are one of the top teams in the NFL...

Is that right? Hmmm...

Let me quote an old friend,

"Logic-- I wonder what DO they teach in them schools these days?"
-- Professor Kirk
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:08 AM   #18
steelers forever 8
Water Boy

Member Number: 3323

i think prisuta is right, i want to see them play a better defense like the ravens. to see if we can pass 29 times in the first half and have ben still playing?
steelers forever 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:21 AM   #19
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Classic sports writer.

This gives him the "I told ya so" if the Steelers tank

and

Many are not going to argue, because the Bills and Browns weren't great last year

Safely going out on a limb with an opportunity to look like a genius later. Being a sports writer is about picking your battles.

Which is why I generally don't give a crap what they say. The crew here knows too much about football to fall for this crap. This is a good team.

True. We needed to convert some of those opportunities into TDs, BUT the game is about scoring points and the Steelers made sure they got something out of their drives.

Defense kept them at bay while we slowly stacked the lead, which is why a well balanced team like ours is going to win this division.

That is... unless you follow Mark Madden's logic... in that case, the porous Bengals defense won't matter because Palmer has a sexy arm and Ray Lewis and co. will ensure that the Ravens stab their way to victory. Did I say stab? I meant murder.

Did anyone see the Lewis pick where he kerflompeld Reed who was ready to easily pull in the pick himself? Classic Ray Lewis. Future Hall of Famer? The thought makes me cringe. His bust would probably fall into the other busts so his would stand out.

I'm starting to ramble... aren't I...
Old 09-17-2007, 01:30 AM   #20
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
Well I wouldn't give the Steelers that much credit for beating these guys....
Normally, I wouldn't either - but we didn't just beat them. We kicked their asses. We caused one team to trade their starting QB. Besides, we didn't set the schedule, the league office did. What ticks me off are the Colts being favored year after year after year when they get handed an annual schedule of mostly inferior teams, but we clobber inferior teams (as we're supposed to do), and we "haven't proven anything." Whatever.

Last edited by fansince'76; 09-17-2007 at 02:11 AM.