Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-17-2007, 02:11 AM   #21
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
Default Re: Steelers have proven little

Want some more double standards?

The Patriots beat up on some regressing teams, but they're Super Bowl contenders. Crown them the champs. So what if the Jets and Chargers made the playoffs last year, that was last year. It's clearly obvious that both teams are just not as good as this year. The once-powerful Chargers O is crapping the bed big time(Sucked vs. Bears, sucked last night, no WR's to speak of, Rivers exposed), and the Jets...well have no QB. Noodle-Arm is hurt.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:17 AM   #22
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Want some more double standards?

The Patriots beat up on some regressing teams, but they're Super Bowl contenders. Crown them the champs. So what if the Jets and Chargers made the playoffs last year, that was last year. It's clearly obvious that both teams are just not as good as this year. The once-powerful Chargers O is crapping the bed big time(Sucked vs. Bears, sucked last night, no WR's to speak of, Rivers exposed), and the Jets...well have no QB. Noodle-Arm is hurt.
I have no problem with the Pats being a favorite - they've earned (cough) that right. But for the writer to suggest that the Bungles are amongst the "upper echelon" in the league is laughable.

Last edited by fansince'76; 09-17-2007 at 02:36 AM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:05 AM   #23
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261

Really, it's a no-win situation right now for the Steelers.

0-2: "They're not a very good team."
2-0: "They didn't beat anybody yet."

The Steelers should just keep playing.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:08 AM   #24
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Yup, this article is pretty circular in it's nature. The fact is that after two games in September (not our best month of playing football regardless of the level of competition under Cowher) we have outscored our opponents 60-10. We won games that we should win. Why complain?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:23 AM   #25
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

Any Steeler fan who cant see that this team is legitimately good is just a "glass half empty" thinker. I am not saying we will dominate every team but we are good and have been good for the "past 7 years"(quoting the prima donna Brady) it should be no surprise. Give us back 2 of the AFCC we lost and we are considered the N.E. Patriots. Heck N.E. did it with some of our giveaways (MV and a cornerback) and Dick Lebeau's 3-4 modified.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #26
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

who is this jackass? What i've seen the past two weeks is a more confident ben a dominating defense and less stupid penaltys then we had a year ago. It's funny to me how we make a joke out of clevelands offense and then the following week the brownies put up 51 against the bungles. I would go as far to say that this steeler team is better coached, more prepared and more inspired then they were a year ago
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #27
mike15618
Water Boy

Member Number: 5524

The line was -3 for the Buffalo game and if I remember right it was -7 for the cleveland game. That means the bookies in Vegas only expected the Steelers to out score these 2 "non-NFL" teams by about 10 points or less....Personally I think one Touch an a Field goal through 8 quarters of play proves a lot, no matter who you play.
mike15618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #28
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

After the first two games it may be too early to tell but the bottom line is you are supposed to beat the bad teams into submission. So far so good.

I'll take this season one game at a time.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:15 AM   #29
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
who is this jackass? What i've seen the past two weeks is a more confident ben a dominating defense and less stupid penaltys then we had a year ago. It's funny to me how we make a joke out of clevelands offense and then the following week the brownies put up 51 against the bungles. I would go as far to say that this steeler team is better coached, more prepared and more inspired then they were a year ago
it does seem that we are more prepared this season.. maybe cowher should have tried the belicheat method.. they won alot of games last year..lol.. (just kidding).

oh and it helps when the coaching staff is actually talking the guys and not yelling at them.. they dont seem to respond well to being screamed at.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #30
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,099 Times in 2,383 Posts

It is not as if we are dealing with the BCS poll and need to worry about our strength of schedule keeping us out of the playoffs - keep playing well and the Steelers will have a chance to be tested against tougher competition later in the schedule and (hopefully) the Pats and/or Colts in January
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote