Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #31
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: Steelers have proven little

This article is laughable at best. This writer is obviously a moron, or just writing this to stir people up. As stated earlier, the Patsies havent played anyone good yet (the Chargers are terrible so far this year). The teams that are supposed to be making waves so far are not playing well at all. I would have rather played the Ravens, Chargers, Saints, Broncos . . . etc so far this season, because we are playing disciplined and inspired Ball right now and would have stomped them. I have every bit of confidence that we are in the top 3 teams at this point in the season. We have no injuries to speak of, our D is playing top caliber ball, our O is limiting mistakes and our special teams is very improved. The only other 2 teams that can say that atm is NE and Indy. There are several other teams that "shouldnt be winning" the games they are at this point, but they are playing mistake free and it is showing in the standings. As long as we continue to improve along the Oline and our Off gets better cohesion, we will continue our winning ways this season.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:38 AM   #32
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

The thing I took away from these first 2 games was the fact that we dominated from start to finish. I allways thought that under Cowher we would play down too the compition usually still win the games we should but not allways. The entire team is playing with a confidence they have not had for a while. These 2 wins don't prove anything but the way they won does they were suposed to win these games and they dominated. Just look at the Bills game against the Broncos last week the Broncos needed a game winning field goal to beat the Bills we dominated them....but Denver is suposed to be the playoff caliber team and we are not.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #33
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
I think there's one thing that the Steelers have proven. We've proven that we can beat the teams that we're supposed to beat. We couldn't make that statement last year. No game is a gimme, but I feel more comfortable this year about playing teams that we should beat as opposed to last year. I do agree though, that we won't be able to say great until we beat some better teams, and I'm confident that we'll do just that.
AMEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yep, never mind that Alexander and Baldy lost to a team comprised largely of our castoffs today. Prisuta = clueless assclown.

If I have any apprehension about our team, it's the offense - we should have been up 28-0 at half instead of 12-0. FGs aren't going to cut it against the better teams down the road.
It seemed to me that we were trying to force a TD to Hines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
The Steelers are supposed to blow these teams out and they are.....If the Steelers were struggling to beat these teams then I think there would be some room for concern.....lol
AMEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
Yes the Chargers were 14-2 last year...But the day Norv Turner was hired as HC was a dark one for the Bolts....That guy is a tool and sucks as a HC.......He will lead that talented team nowhere....They still should win the AFC West though by default...lol Plus Rivers looked like Rex Grossman tonight....I don't want to hear it was all the Pats defense...He made some terrible throws tonight..lol

But the Pats won big so props to them..... Freaking Randy Moss needs to run over a traffic cop or something...I hate seeing that lazy quitter having success....That gutless trash doesn't deserve a ring....
I knew SD was in trouble to when the hired Norv.

Quote:
I have no problem with the Pats being a favorite - they've earned (cough) that right. But for the writer to suggest that the Bungles are amongst the "upper echelon" in the league is laughable.
It is laughable since they have only won 27 (that is an average of 9-7) games in the last 3 seasons and are 0-1 in the playoffs and for that matter have not even won a playoff game in what, 17 years.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:33 PM   #34
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
It is not as if we are dealing with the BCS poll and need to worry about our strength of schedule keeping us out of the playoffs - keep playing well and the Steelers will have a chance to be tested against tougher competition later in the schedule and (hopefully) the Pats and/or Colts in January
I couldnt agree more. Although it is early in the season the next 4 games are very winable games. niners,cardinals,seahawks and the broncos. If we are 6-0 hell even 4-2 that's great momentum for the second half of the season when the schedule ges tougher with games against the pats, bengals and ravens
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #35
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog View Post
The thing I took away from these first 2 games was the fact that we dominated from start to finish. I allways thought that under Cowher we would play down too the compition usually still win the games we should but not allways.
You mean..."keep it close and try to win it in the end" could be gone forever? Do you promise :>). There was much more to Cowher that I liked than disliked, but this type of mentality always drove me crazy.

It looks like LeBeau has really cut loose this season with some fresh ideas as well. It's nice to see.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #36
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I couldnt agree more. Although it is early in the season the next 4 games are very winable games. niners,cardinals,seahawks and the broncos. If we are 6-0 hell even 4-2 that's great momentum for the second half of the season when the schedule ges tougher with games against the pats, bengals and ravens
I will stick by my preseason thoughts that the team needs to go 4-1 at the bye to project to a 10-6 record.

Based on the first 2 weeks, the road games at Denver, Cincy, and Baltimore that I had chalked up preseason as pretty certain losses at least look winnable at this point.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:55 PM   #37
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

with they way cincy and baltimore are looking we might be able to beat them... i can handle a loss to cincy better than baltimore... they deserve major payback after what they did to use last season.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:50 PM   #38
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Normally, I wouldn't either - but we didn't just beat them. We kicked their asses. We caused one team to trade their starting QB. Besides, we didn't set the schedule, the league office did. What ticks me off are the Colts being favored year after year after year when they get handed an annual schedule of mostly inferior teams, but we clobber inferior teams (as we're supposed to do), and we "haven't proven anything." Whatever.
Great post, Gary, and I agree with you 100% here. The score yesterday didn't even come close to telling the tale of how badly we beat down the Bills.

As long as the Steelers continue to play as they have the past two weeks with everyone giving 150% as they have been - they don't have to prove a damned thing to me. I sense a much stronger confidence in this group of guys this season than I have the past couple of seasons and that confidence beams like a neon light on the field, but most importantly, in the final score.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #39
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
Classic sports writer.

Did anyone see the Lewis pick where he kerflompeld Reed who was ready to easily pull in the pick himself? Classic Ray Lewis. Future Hall of Famer? The thought makes me cringe.
I hate to stick up for Ray Ray, but he had that ball before Reed and Reed tried to snatch it and Ray Ray took it back.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #40
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

The nice thing about the next 4 games is that there is a ton to play for and no reason to ever overlook them...even if the temptation were there:

SF: 2-0 upcoming team coming to Pittsburgh. They are the media darlings of the NFC right now.

Arizona: Whiz & Grimm. Nothing else needs to be said.

Seattle: Do I really need to say anything about this game. I hope they destroy them.

Denver: AFC rival. Payback from last years game.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote