Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #191
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,084 Times in 2,377 Posts
Default Re: NFL To Fine Belichick 500 Grand + Draft Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
that and the patriots personnel wandering into the visiting teams locker rooms looking for information. if he gets caught with this radio frequency crap.. meaning listening to the other team's radio, wiring up defensive players, etc... they should ban him from the league. the radio frequency shit could be very very bad for him and the pats if it gets proven.
Checking out the visitor's locker room is despicable (and something I have no doubt the Pats did) but If you leave your plays on the blackboard you should expect the worst - it is like visiting someone else's office for a meeting and leaving your confidential documents or laptop unattended in their conference room when everyone goes to lunch.

Trust but verify - Ronald Reagan
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:19 PM   #192
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Checking out the visitor's locker room is despicable (and something I have no doubt the Pats did) but If you leave your plays on the blackboard you should expect the worst - it is like visiting someone else's office for a meeting and leaving your confidential documents or laptop unattended in their conference room when everyone goes to lunch.

Trust but verify - Ronald Reagan
jimmy johnson revealed he used to have someone go dig through the trash in the coaches press box after games. coordinators sometimes would toss a whole gameplan.

alot have minimized how much of an advantage there is from just filming on the sidelines. its not just that. when you add that advantage with all the other advantages theyve gained by cheating, it adds up to a huge advantage. belichick is definitely the "best". the best cheater.

very kind of goodell to allow the patriots to use all their chargers tapes and notes before they were summoned.

not that thats an excuse. i believe parcells when he says what a state of coaching transition the chargers are in. and i believe keyshawn johnson when he says the chargers needed to sign a good reliable wr (such as himself).
Old 09-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #193
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
jimmy johnson revealed he used to have someone go dig through the trash in the coaches press box after games. coordinators sometimes would toss a whole gameplan..
Yep - you have no expectation of privacy for anything you throw out or leave at the curb if someone decides to go dumpster diving

It is not directly on point, but buy a shredder for home use and use your office shredder or (for larger quantities of docs) the shredder bin for anything confidential.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:35 PM   #194
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Yep - you have no expectation of privacy for anything you throw out or leave at the curb if someone decides to go dumpster diving

It is not directly on point, but buy a shredder for home use and use your office shredder or (for larger quantities of docs) the shredder bin for anything confidential.
i wouldnt put it past belichick to pay some wacked out tweakers minimum wage and a weeks worth of meth, to put together shreaded documents like jigsaw a puzzle.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #195
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Gregg Easterbrook rips into Belicheat in his Tuesday Morning QB column, saying even Vick has more class

This is an excerpt:

The weasel wording of Belichick's Nixonian statement shows the New England coach full of contempt for the NFL fans, and the NFL enterprise, that made him a wealthy celebrity. Belichick declared that his super-elaborate cheating system was only a "mistake" caused by his "interpretation" of the league's rule. Wait, "interpretation"? The NFL rule bans teams from filming each other's sidelines. There's no room for interpretation, it's a ban! ... Belichick's cheating was not some casual spur-of-the-moment blunder but rather an elaborate staffed system that took a lot of work to put into place and that Belichick worked hard to hide. And you don't hide something unless you are ashamed of it.

Michael Vick tried to deny and stonewall, but at the last owned up and admitted what he did. That's dignity. Belichick is now using weasel words to deny responsibility for his own choices. What kind of example does that set for the young? "Make good choices," football coaches constantly preach to the young. Now, caught, Belichick wants a special exemption to responsibility for his own choices. Belichick also is trying to close the matter by saying he won't talk about it anymore. So he cheated and now unilaterally declares the matter closed because he doesn't want to face the consequences of his own choices. But this is not over and not going away. Before the cheating scandal, Belichick had a reputation for being heartless but a really good coach. Now, he seems little more than a creepy con artist, and it's the refusal to act like a man and take full responsibility that's really offensive. Goodell's draft-choice penalty against the Patriots ? either a first or a second and a third ? is the highest draft penalty ever imposed in the NFL. The severity of this sanction shows how seriously Goodell takes the violation. If more disclosures are coming, there might be a lot more punishment of the Patriots. And unless Belichick comes clean and stops lying about his cheating, this event should disqualify him from consideration for the Pro Football Hall of Fame ? it is, after all, not the Hall of Cheaters.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...erbrook/070918

FWIW I do not think Vick showed dignity either but unlike Belicheat he does not continue to claim immoral behavior is just another choice.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #196
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

Brady throws a tantrum - from profootballtalk.com

Though there still could be some more consequences down the road from last week's spy scandal, the controversy that arose last week -- and the media scrutiny that it caused -- has had a significant effect on the franchise.

As one league insider explained it on Monday afternoon, "[Coach Bill] Belichick is pissed, and he wants to go undefeated."

After trashing two of the other five 2006 AFC playoff teams by the identical score of 38-14 on consecutive Sundays, the Patriots clearly have the talent to run the table. A storm of accusations arising from past tactics is giving Belichick all the incentive that he needs to aim for a 16-0, and all the ammo he'd require to get the troops appropriately motivated.

The on-field leader of the troops already is on board with the chip-on-the-shoulder routine, as evidenced by his Monday comments on WEEI radio in Boston. According to the Boston Herald, quarterback Tom Brady lashed out at the critics, calling any suggestion that he received advance information "absurd."

"By no means am I sitting here getting plays and getting defenses and checking plays based on defenses that I'm getting. That's completely absurd," Brady said. "If that was the case, I think that's just ridiculous. You know, I hear other players, based on what I've heard on television, that 'Brady's getting defenses.' I'm saying, 'That's just ridiculous.'

"But like I said, we pick our battles, and the ones that we are most capable of fighting are the ones we play. Rather than respond with words, we respond through actions. It was a long week because you hear this, but at the same time, people will see."

Apart from the possibility that the Pats will ride the "us against the world" train long enough to bogart the bubbly from the members of the 1972 Dolphins, we think that Belichick or Brady or someone needs to explain exactly what the purpose of videotaping the defensive signals was, if Brady is telling the truth.

Then again, it could be that Brady was only ever told what plays to run and/or which defenders to watch for; such an approach prevents players from knowing too much about the shenanigans, and helps to perpetuate within the locker room the notion that the coaches are super-geniuses
Old 09-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #197
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

The wagons have been circled - Pats apologist-in-chief Bill Simmons whines away:

The Patriots cheated in one game. They got caught, they paid the price. ...But since they've already paid a steep penalty for a one-time indiscretion, can we move on with the 2007 NFL season, please?...

So save me the moral indignation about CameraGate. The whole world is screwed up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...ons/bostonblog

No Bill - the Pats were penalized for cheating in one game - nobody believes this is the first time Belicheat pulled this stunt.

"Let others wallow in Watergate. We're going to do our job." - Bill Belicheat/Bill Simmons
Old 09-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #198
tony hipchest

Quote:
"By no means am I sitting here getting plays and getting defenses and checking plays based on defenses that I'm getting. That's completely absurd," Brady said. "If that was the case, I think that's just ridiculous. You know, I hear other players, based on what I've heard on television, that 'Brady's getting defenses.' I'm saying, 'That's just ridiculous.'
nice denial brady. i guess it would be too much of a lie for you to flat out say "i NEVER received this information.... PERIOD!"

= GUILTY + CHEATER[s]

these punks are an insult to die hard football fans everywhere. way to go to bastardize the sport that stuffed your pockets and put your face on the map.

"i think thats just rediculous"
Old 09-18-2007, 09:47 PM   #199
wadester47
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2745

What did you expect, if the colts and the pats do anything wrong people look the other way. If it was the steelers we would have had to give up the season- their just do is coming.
Oh it's coming!!!!!
wadester47 is offline   Reply With Quote