Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #11
CrazySteelers88
Water Boy

Member Number: 7067
Default Re: A Few Observations from the Bills game...

Agreed
CrazySteelers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:50 PM   #12
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
I can't see how you could possibly blame Tomlin for not throwing the flag. That's why the Steelers PAY PEOPLE IN PRESS BOXES TO LOOK AT TV'S AND TELL THE COACH WHETHER OR NOT TO CHALLENGE THE PLAY. It's not Coach T's job to stare at the scoreboard waiting to see if he should challenge. The guys in the press box should've been all over that and they weren't.
Well, I've been to a bunch of games, and Cowher was very good at doing just that: Watching the replay and then throwing the flag. It is what it is, and, regardless of who missed the boat, somebody missed the boat, and he's the HC.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #13
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

My whole thing about the fieldgoals instead of touchdowns is this...

First points are valuble in this league even if it is just 3 at a time.

Second We did get in the Endzone a couple of times which showed the offense was a bit resilant and did make the plays to get in.

Third give credit to the Bills no team is going to get the TD everytime.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #14
SteelersGirlTN7
Starter

Member Number: 71

One thing I noticed about the game, that I haven't seen anyone mention ...

on one of the Bills kick returns, their player clearly (so I think) stepped out of bounds, but nothing was done? CBS even replayed it a couple times, showing one foot step over the line.... what about this??

As for the dropsies, I like how Nate totally dropped one, and then Ben came right back to him and it was big gain! He did the same w/ Hines... but Hines is Hines lol.
I was impressed with Nate!!
SteelersGirlTN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #15
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersGirlTN7 View Post
One thing I noticed about the game, that I haven't seen anyone mention ...

on one of the Bills kick returns, their player clearly (so I think) stepped out of bounds, but nothing was done? CBS even replayed it a couple times, showing one foot step over the line.... what about this??

As for the dropsies, I like how Nate totally dropped one, and then Ben came right back to him and it was big gain! He did the same w/ Hines... but Hines is Hines lol.
I was impressed with Nate!!
Nate yes redeemed himself with that high nice catch he made and all the recievers did a great job. Willie powerful game i was impressed like always. Ben way to bounce back from the INT and bring us the win. Jeff Reed great FG but i want more kickoffs in the endzone. And Daniel Sepulveda great Great GREAT punts your underlooked but a very good punter. and finally the good old Steeler Defense stepping up to play hard and Physical over all B+ day great job and good luck! Go Steelers!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #16
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

The Steelers aren't running on all cylinders just yet so there's definitely room for improvement. Overall I'm happy with their performance thus far simply because it's resulting in WINS which ultimately is all that we can ask for. They're beating the crap out of the teams that they should beat the crap out of so there shouldn't be any complaints from the fans.

And yes the Bills did make a few plays. After all, they have about a billion dollars worth of salary wrapped up in their players so we should expect them to come up with a few interceptions, sacks, touchdowns and field goals.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:25 AM   #17
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
On the Holmes pass that was intercepted, Heath appeared to be wide open, but the replay from a different angle showed that he had a DB or S converging from the outside. Still, given the two, I'd have preferred that he either hold the ball or attempt to hit the guy in single coverage.

I don't understand the non-call on the oob return. How did the LJ miss that? And Tomlin not flagging it is weird.
I understand that interception completely.

The Defense lined up in a cover-3 formation. I believe the center guy dropped down to cover a inside route. Ben then pumped to Ward, expecting the other safety to break on the ball. He didn't. The safety made a great play (probably watched some film from the previous week). It was a timing play on that safety. Pump and throw, catch the safety out of position, and let Holmes take the chances on a one-on-one.

It was just a heads up smart play by the Bills Safety. Give him the credit.

If Ben was guilty of anything, it was not calling in a different play when he saw the cover-3... then again, he may have thought that was the defense he wanted to free Holmes up for a bomb to the endzone.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:01 AM   #18
RJC
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6896

I don't know where people get this notion that if a player makes a great play itr somehow negates a huge mistake made previously. Nate made a huge catch, after he had a horrible drop. The catch doesn't cancel out the drop. CATCH THE GOD DAMN BALL NATE!!!
RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:09 AM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I understand that interception completely.

The Defense lined up in a cover-3 formation. I believe the center guy dropped down to cover a inside route. Ben then pumped to Ward, expecting the other safety to break on the ball. He didn't. The safety made a great play (probably watched some film from the previous week). It was a timing play on that safety. Pump and throw, catch the safety out of position, and let Holmes take the chances on a one-on-one.

It was just a heads up smart play by the Bills Safety. Give him the credit.

If Ben was guilty of anything, it was not calling in a different play when he saw the cover-3... then again, he may have thought that was the defense he wanted to free Holmes up for a bomb to the endzone.
I'll say this. Just about everyone watching the game with me was in agreement that Ben was going to Holmes no matter what on that play.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:31 AM   #20
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

Some where along the way I must have gotten confused . I thought we (the Steelers) won 26 to 3 and even dominated the Bills.

Michael
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote